The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
So the wife and I started shopping again for our next major car purchase (minor ones don't get as much attention).

We started with the R8 (she also likes the TT).

We always gravitate back towards the Porsche line, either Cayman S (my preference) or 911 (her preference).

So we 'built' a car with everything that she currently has in her minivan (and or another car as standard). And it ended up adding over $30k in options. It was retarded crap (to me). I priced us right out of a Porsche.

We thought - "Cayman? It's only $60k, let's put a few things on, and let's see... $90k+????? Next.

"911 - It's a little more, but more comes standard... $120k+???"

We went back to the R8, added options - total $150k+.

Done. We just went around the block, just to come right back to where we started... We still don't know what to get. I told her, if we don't make up our minds by May 2014, I'm getting a current model GT-R (no more worrying about options ).

I don't know how you guys do it. It drives me insane. It MUST be part of the thrill, itself, to build one to your specs... I just wish it didn't cost the price of another Lexus IS to do it.

*edit: Relevance - she likes the idea of the C4 (because of the all-weather capabilities), I prefer the S (because of the added power), so we looked at the new C4S as well.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 11-14-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
So the wife and I started shopping again for our next major car purchase (minor ones don't get as much attention).

We started with the R8 (she also likes the TT).

We always gravitate back towards the Porsche line, either Cayman S (my preference) or 911 (her preference).

So we 'built' a car with everything that she currently has in her minivan (and or another car as standard). And it ended up adding over $30k in options. It was retarded crap (to me). I priced us right out of a Porsche.

We thought - "Cayman? It's only $60k, let's put a few things on, and let's see... $90k+????? Next.

"911 - It's a little more, but more comes standard... $120k+???"

We went back to the R8, added options - total $150k+.

Done. We just went around the block, just to come right back to where we started... We still don't know what to get. I told her, if we don't make up our minds by May 2014, I'm getting a current model GT-R (no more worrying about options ).

I don't know how you guys do it. It drives me insane. It MUST be part of the thrill, itself, to build one to your specs... I just wish it didn't cost the price of another Lexus IS to do it.
Amen, my build of the 4S comes to 150K+ if I wanted every single thing I wanted.......

Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
For me, it is a huge part of the process, fun and exiting. That said, no one like to wait for a car to show up, but 3 to 4 months wait time isn't bad. Some brand has munch longer lead time. The options does add up easily/quickly to another Scion, Abarth, or an entry level luxury on some euro manufacturer. Which makes MSRP a very misleading figure. But the beauty is we can control the cost. I know that is easier said than done...but soon Porsche will move steering wheel as an option. ; D.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
Review of the C4 .. OK its in German .. but wanted to share it cos it has few nice shot of C4 with Aero Kit ... enjoy

Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
What's the colour in the below clip .. Agate Grey or Anthracite Brown ?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
Supposedly my C4S is on a vessel as of today.

I'm waiting to hear back with a name of the ship so that I can obsessively track it. lol.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!
I'm really excited for you my friend, I can't wait to see it!

A bit of good news from my end is that I was able to get my build moved up and it's now scheduled to be finished for Feb 5th... not as good as yours but I'll take it!

Again, CONGRATS!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Amen, my build of the 4S comes to 150K+ if I wanted every single thing I wanted.......
Don't even get me started on this...my total is $170K and adding tyre/wheels protection plus clear bra plus whatever is not even accounted for !

Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
Fester, they are on hold for your build till you call in and add another 'last minute' option. I am thinking seat back painted in GT silver will warp it up nicely.

I've been convincing myself that silver setbacks would match the exterior GT Silver...I did consider leather seat back but wasn't worth the money IMO...

Good thing is that order has been locked for over a wk now..Porsche is busy procuring all the special parts I ordered ... LOL!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Don't even get me started on this...my total is $170K and adding tyre/wheels protection plus clear bra plus whatever is not even accounted for !
That is a 997.2 turbo-S ; D

Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
That is a 997.2 turbo-S ; D
Sorry not into turbos...so had to go all the way in on 4S

Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !

I've been convincing myself that silver setbacks would match the exterior GT Silver...I did consider leather seat back but wasn't worth the money IMO...

Good thing is that order has been locked for over a wk now..Porsche is busy procuring all the special parts I ordered ... LOL!

You might as well wait for a Turbo since it would have more options standard!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
2 reasons:

1.Am NA Engine fan and 2. am impatient

Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
mdc
Sorry not into turbos...so had to go all the way in on 4S
4s is the right choice ; D. Can't see how anyone can put down $150-180 now for 997 turbo/turboS. That is a lot of $ for a car that was initially launch back in... 05?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Hi!

The Italians .... wow .... great example for projection mapping - enjoy :

Best
Gregor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!