The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by galion

My Carrera 4S build , any comments?

... Sport PASM is missing .... ride looks a little high on your pic ... doesn´t fit to Sport Design Package ......

Best
Gregor

Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
My Carrera 4S build , any comments?

Carrera 4S 04/2013 Delivery
Exterior: Platinum Silver Metallic
Interior: Black leather interior

XAT: SportDesign Package
559: Ext Trim strips in high gloss finish
636: ParkAssist (front and rear)
250: Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
640: Sport Chrono Package
176: Sports exhaust system
427: 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel
482: Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
XRP: 5mm Wheel spacers
446: Wheel caps
P06: Sports seats (14-way, electric) with memory package
810: Floor mats
583: Smoking Package
XSC: Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
XUV:Storage lid with logo
276: Automatically dimming mirrors
840: SportDesign steering Wheel
619: Mobile phone preparation
680: BOSEŽ Surround Sound System

I want it to look exactly like this:
Seems like u do need silver seat belts to match the car in the pic...nice choices!

Oh...don't forget the aluminum trim...the car in the photo has it...and I love it!

Last edited by Fester; 11-20-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 AM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
This might be a better thread to ask the following question:

Will the new C4S be a much stiffer ride than a C2S? If so, will the PDCC drastically help?

Is there a way to reduce stiffness through a simple tuning??

Thank you,

Ed-

Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eg9
This might be a better thread to ask the following question:

Will the new C4S be a much stiffer ride than a C2S? If so, will the PDCC drastically help?

Is there a way to reduce stiffness through a simple tuning??

Thank you,

Ed-
LOL I actually just answered your question to me on the other thread...
That said, the answer to your questions here are... yes and yes.
BTW, there is no tuning the 991 suspension (highly integrated system) the only "tuning" would be to make the ride harsher by putting aftermarket springs.

The PDCC will make a bigger difference on the C4S than the C2S because of the bigger/stiffer anti-roll bars on the C4S.

I wasn't going to add it but after seeing the numbers of the anti-roll bar and spring rate combo (specifically on the cab) I decided to add PDCC to my build.

It is one of the more polarizing options one can order... many heated debates about it.
I will say this the pro's are a much improved comfort level on pot holed roads, more even tire wear (I'm so done with throwing out tires because the inside inch is totally worn while the rest of the tire is at 80%) and of course the performance of "self leveling" through the turns...

I still would not have bought it (gotto draw the line somewhere!) but I'm not taking a chance on a car I won't drive till it's mine.

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 11-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
LOL I actually just answered your question to me on the other thread...
That said, the answer to your questions here are... yes and yes.
BTW, there is no tuning the 991 suspension (highly integrated system) the only "tuning" would be to make the ride harsher by putting aftermarket springs.

The PDCC will make a bigger difference on the C4S than the C2S because of the bigger/stiffer anti-roll bars on the C4S.

I wasn't going to add it but after seeing the numbers of the anti-roll bar and spring rate combo (specifically on the cab) I decided to add PDCC to my build.

It is one of the more polarizing options one can order... many heated debates about it.
I will say this the pro's are a much improved comfort level on pot holed roads, more even tire wear (I'm so done with throwing out tires because the inside inch is totally worn while the rest of the tire is at 80%) and of course the performance of "self leveling" through the turns...

I still would not have bought it (gotto draw the line somewhere!) but I'm not taking a chance on a car I won't drive till it's mine.
Hi Sid!

I think the influence of PDCC to the comfort of the 991 is only on potholes when the car staggers from one side to the other ... but hey .... when do you go with your 991 on such streets?

The more important influence on the feel for comfort are the highway seams and smaller hits to the dampers .... this is what everybody describes as a harsh ride ... when you feel this small hits every time ..... and I believe here the PDCC has no effects to avoid this.

Best
Gregor

Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!

Hold onto your hats fellas...
In May Porsche will be releasing not 1... not 2... but 3 new 991's!!!
Yes they're dropping the veil on the 991 Turbo, Turbo S and... the GT3 ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

That is the word from the GM at my dealer whom just returned from Germany where the news was presented to PAG's dealer network... he also said the cabs for the Turbo/S will follow 3 months later.

I can't believe it after a very slowwwww trickling of new generation variants the boys at Porsche have decided to open the floodgates... maybe they've been paying attention to the cries of agony rising from the pages of 6speed.

Or decided they were losing customers because people are tired of waiting... foreplay can last only so long!
Whatever the reason Porsche has made sure next year is going to be exciting!

Cheers!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:50 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of

Oh for those whom are reading this just a little FYI... this is Galion's 3rd 911 this year!
Wow

Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!

Hold onto your hats fellas...
In May Porsche will be releasing not 1... not 2... but 3 new 991's!!!
Yes they're dropping the veil on the 991 Turbo, Turbo S and... the GT3 ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

That is the word from the GM at my dealer whom just returned from Germany where the news was presented to PAG's dealer network... he also said the cabs for the Turbo/S will follow 3 months later.

I can't believe it after a very slowwwww trickling of new generation variants the boys at Porsche have decided to open the floodgates... maybe they've been paying attention to the cries of agony rising from the pages of 6speed.

Or decided they were losing customers because people are tired of waiting... foreplay can last only so long!
Whatever the reason Porsche has made sure next year is going to be exciting!

Cheers!
Thank You

Any info on pricing of the Turbo?

Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Wow
Yeah sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right, I know quite a few people whom bought a bare bones 991(thinking it would be similar to the 997) before having driven it whom ended up very disappointed... but only few actually did something about it.
So good for him, it takes b@lls.

Originally Posted by BrandonH
Thank You

Any info on pricing of the Turbo?
I totally forgot to ask... guess the excitement got the better of me.
I'm going in again tomorrow to spend some time in a full leather 991 to figure out if I'm going to include red deviated stitching in my C4S build... will ask about $$ for Turbo/GT3 then.

Hope the price is a lot higher than my C4S, otherwise I may just have to agonize about perhaps waiting even longer still and get a Turbo cab....

Oh for crying out loud... not AGAIN!!!
Somebody stop me before I hurt myself!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 11-21-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Yeah sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right, I know quite a few people whom bought a bare bones 991(thinking it would be similar to the 997) before having driven it whom ended up very disappointed...
Hehe, you hit the nail Sid, ignorance pays, I was a newbie with no prior experience with Porsches 911's. It took me 10 months, two Base 991 and a few grand that went down the drain to adjust to the nature of this masterpiece, but I am already well on the way to becoming another devotee of this fantastic car, so why settle?

Thanks guys for your comments on my 4S build, I am including vent seats and silver seat belts, not sure on the sport PASM suspension though.
This time I want to do things right, I want this car to stay in my garage for a long time. Cheers.

Last edited by galion; 11-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Hehe, you hit the nail Sid, ignorance pays, I was a newbie with no prior experience with Porsches 911's. It took me 10 months, two Base 991 and a few grand that went down the drain to adjust to the nature of this masterpiece, but I am already well on the way to becoming another devotee of this fantastic car, so why settle?

Thanks guys for your comments on my 4S build, I am including vent seats and silver seat belts, not sure on the sport PASM suspension though.
This time I want to do things right, I want this car to stay in my garage for a long time. Cheers.
Until you fall in love with something else like a GT3... in lets say.... 10 months?
That said I am a 100% sure you're gonna loveeee the C4S, it goes through corners like it's on rails and this new generation is suppose to be even better!

Oh man I can't wait!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Hi Sid and the rest!

Here´s a new video : ... 4 models can still slide .... and black PDLS looks terrible ... at least on bright colors

Best regards
Gregor

Old 11-22-2012, 03:08 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
Black PDLS does not look nice on this guards red but am sure it will look great on light colors like white and silver

Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 AM

Hope the price is a lot higher than my C4S, otherwise I may just have to agonize about perhaps waiting even longer still and get a Turbo cab....

Oh for crying out loud... not AGAIN!!!
Somebody stop me before I hurt myself!
Sid, your commentary makes this thread pretty enjoyable

Last edited by BrandonH; 11-22-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Parabens!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!