The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
So if they don't release very soon an AWD, you would go for a RWD BMW, and then a RWD GT? Not sure I follow the logic?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fbroen
So if they don't release very soon an AWD, you would go for a RWD BMW, and then a RWD GT? Not sure I follow the logic?
Sorry meant to say add a GT type car however the reality is that I am trying to sell myself on the fact that the M5 will be good winter eventhough I know it won't be - atleast my last one was not. I am really getting desperate on trying to figure out what to do for a car because everything I want I have to order!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Sorry meant to say add a GT type car however the reality is that I am trying to sell myself on the fact that the M5 will be good winter eventhough I know it won't be - atleast my last one was not. I am really getting desperate on trying to figure out what to do for a car because everything I want I have to order!
What problems did you have with your last M5 in the winter? I winter DD'd an M6 for two years and never had a single problem. Of course you had proper winter tires, right?

After the M6, I wintered a C2S... Again, with winters on, I never had a problem. I'd push the dealer for a discount on a winter wheel / tire combo, mount those on your T4S until your 991 4S arrives, swap the wheels and voila!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
AS2003 is infamous around these parts
Lease Buy Out for Targa?

Any idea what your lease buy out is on the 997.2 Targa? I'm going to start looking for one in the next couple of months and it would good to know how these are coming off lease. Best of luck with your search!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Still waiting - I am guessing a release in the next 2 weeks. If Porsche does nothing within that time frame then I am going to probably try my luck with an M5 for a year and then get back into the P world with a GT type car. My lease is over on December 14th and I doubt they will be able to get anything by then.
You've waited this long, If I was you I'd wait just a bit longer...
I know, I know, waiting sucks!!
Especially when ya don't even know what the $$ is or how wide it'll actually be...
I've been assured (by dealer) that the new C4S will be 2.4" wider and be produced as of Nov. with delivery (for Canada) of the coupes starting in Jan/Feb and the Cabs in March/April.

If you can use the wife's car for a month you'll have the C4S you've waited for so damn long, but I totally understand if ya just can't take it anymore!!!
I finally gave in and had to buy something!
So I did get a new DD, an E class Benz, not quiet a 911 but it did scratch that itch... for now.

That said, now I'm really torn about the cab... between the SLS AMG roadster and the 991 C4S... totally different cars but each perfect in their own right.

Arghhhhh this waiting could end up costing Porsche some loyal customers!
Cheers!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by AS2003
Any idea what your lease buy out is on the 997.2 Targa? I'm going to start looking for one in the next couple of months and it would good to know how these are coming off lease. Best of luck with your search!
My car has been in 2 accidents so its really not worth anyone picking it up unless you grab it off the auction block. Porsche will not negotiate with me on a better deal as they have a process. I would have loved to keep it but so goes the process - really happy I leased it with a safe lease coverage and complete walk away!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I've been assured (by dealer) that the new C4S will be 2.4" wider and be produced as of Nov. with delivery (for Canada) of the coupes starting in Jan/Feb and the Cabs in March/April.
If that is true, 2.4" is significant. It will be a huge visual impact for the rear profile. I think 997 C4 was 1.7" wider than than the C2

Old 08-22-2012, 06:12 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Probably will be nice, but I think I'd wait for the turbo or GT..

ChuckJ

Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Probably need the space for the TT.

The duck tail takes me back, but I'd like to see the numbers on it (lift and drag over the speed range).

ChuckJ

Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Probably will be nice, but I think I'd wait for the turbo or GT..

ChuckJ
Turbo should be awesome indeed but with the price hike of the 991 the C4S cab including SC, PSE, premium package, etc. (without full leather) will probably cost just north of 155K... depending on the build, the 991 Turbo (cab) will be close to touching 200K and this is before tax!

That's Ferrari, Aston, Lambo (Bentley GT, SLS AMG etc.) territory... I think Porsche has priced itself in a very competitive market which has a significantly higher perceived street value and exclusivity.

Most are just too flashy for me but some are definitely getting a closer look, which in-turn is causing my struggle between getting a SLS or C4S...

Cheers.

BTW, enjoyed the vintage pics ya posted!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Turbo should be awesome indeed but with the price hike of the 991 the C4S cab including SC, PSE, premium package, etc. (without full leather) will probably cost just north of 155K... depending on the build, the 991 Turbo (cab) will be close to touching 200K and this is before tax!

That's Ferrari, Aston, Lambo (Bentley GT, SLS AMG etc.) territory... I think Porsche has priced itself in a very competitive market which has a significantly higher perceived street value and exclusivity.

Most are just too flashy for me but some are definitely getting a closer look, which in-turn is causing my struggle between getting a SLS or C4S...

Cheers.

My biz partner has an SLS and we drive it all the time. Gets tons of looks and a real exciting car to be in. He found a 1 year old slightly used and saved over 70k on it - worth a look thats for sure. Being a manual tranny guy I will say that I am not loving the SLS gear box but other then that its definitely worth a look.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 AM

Cheers.

Sid:
Vintage is a good word for me.

ChuckJ

Old 08-25-2012, 01:58 AM
OK reading some posts of the possible imminent release of the 991 C4S has awoken me from my 991 slumber/waiting mode...
Since starting this thread, un-camouflaged spy shots of the 991 C4S have been floating around (in yellow) and although the 991 looks great in all colors (except for that metalic green/gold! ) I do find hard to look past the yellow, so here's some spy shots of a C4S in black.

You'll note that this test mule is camo'd with a GT3 setup, or perhaps is a hybrid mix of GT3 and C4S elements... one could argue that except for it's rear bumper and the reflective (blacked-out) strip between the taillights this IS a GT3...

And of course you'd be right... however since it's rear-end has the same wide-body styling, dimensions and proportions as the C4S (hence the C4S bumper on a GT3...) I thought it would be appropriate to post up.

Granted it has the aerokit cup package out back but ya can still see those sexy lines unique to the wide-body, elegant yet aggressively intimidating.
I mean just look at the 1st & 2nd shot of the rear quarters... damn even the curves have curves!

ps also note the center exhaust "hack" job done on the rear bumper and the "taped-over" unused openings of the double twin pipe stock tips...

Attached Images     

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 08-25-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:33 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Official photos...

Attached Images      
Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Spotted...

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!