The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:56 AM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
My dealer put my order in on Wednesday of this past week (4s white w/espresso). What would be a realistic date for it to arrive to a CA dealership?

Old 11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Jasper I'm not sure what the hell you're trying to do...
I was enjoying the equilibrium we had... and even some of your posts so maybe I'm misreading this but I've got to tell ya your whole post has an air of superiority to it...
Who are you trying to convince here?

You're on a C4S thread and are belittling those that are dropping between a 140K to a 185K because it's not a Turbo... really?????
You posted previously...

So you priced yourself out of the 991 at a 120K but "you'd jump right over the n/a (non GT) 991 versions, right to the top"...
Those Turbo 991's will go for north of 185K... add some options and you're at 210K... now add your taxes and your at 240/250K... and you would even consider a Turbo S (280K+)...listen why don't you let us know when that happens OK big dog.
Until then, you can keep driving your superior Nissan GTR (I know, I know... your car is "faster" than all 991's out right now) and I will go around suffering in my lowly 991 C4S...

Do us both a favour and keep these types of posts of this thread, OK.
It wasn't my intention...

What happened is that, after reading this thread, I took a serious hard look at the new 911's. With all of this new information out about how the 911 feels, and elevated performance, it has really got me thinking...

So the wife and I sat down to price one out - seriously. We started adding things, and her face just got less and less enthusiastic about it as the price went higher and higher... So we were seriously one the fence as to what to get next (not my car - her's). This leads me to my latter post:

(By the way - I'm in NO WAY trying to state the GT-R is superior (performance, or otherwise), just that I have a car that perfectly suits ME and my needs (regardless of what it is). So I'm not the one we are buying the car for - but the wife is now finding herself in my boat, and I'm trying to keep her out of it.)
Originally Posted by Haku
I've read your post a few times and even wound up the old enigma machine and still could not decipher your contradictory post!

What are you on about matey? Like it one moment and dislike it another?

Your post conveys a sense of self-convincing righteousness. The words "stuck" and "adore" used together in your sentence really do nothing about portraying your over exuberant contentment with your car.

Ah well... enjoy your GTR... if you do!
It is contradictory - that is my conundrum. I WANT to look at other cars, but there are things that keep me on the sidelines, just waiting to get the next one, and the next one, or the one after that, and then waiting for the upgraded one, or waiting until the NEXT chassis, or the NEXT performance bump, etc, etc, etc...

That was my point.

I was not trying to be inflammatory, it is an internal struggle that I have as an enthusiast that I like a LOT of cars, but can't land on one.

(The wife is sold on the new prototype Lotus designs, but we are not sure if they'll ever come to fruition)

The wife has always liked 911's, and we always gravitate back to them. I think we've come to the conclusion that we won't buy a new one (because of the additional cost in options), but will consider a used one, if it is equipped appropriately.

I like the C4S for her, because it is not TOO much power (but just enough to be very sporty), AND it offers AWD for all-weather conditions.

I never intended to say that the GT-R was in ANYWAY a better car. Simply that it is enough to keep me from jumping to the next vehicle, and my lack of motivation is rubbing off on the wife.

Don't get me wrong - I'm TRYING to get another type of car (R8, 911, etc...), and use HER for the reason, saying how it would be for HER. How cool is that? See I can't justify buying two daily drivers for me, but if I convince HER that it is for her, then I can get two. Which is why I need her 100% compliance.

Sorry, guys.

Please don't misunderstand my intention. Every now and then, I rush my posts.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
Thanks! It should be very very soon. I got confirmation that it went on a vessel on 11/13. I see that the "Olympian Highway" left Emden on that day and is getting into Davisville, RI tomorrow. It's currently offshore of Rhode Island as of tonight. I'm pretty sure that's the boat the car should be on.

With a little luck I'm hoping to see it late next week. With less luck I'm hoping the week after.

Since I'm picking up right at the beginning of winter I think I'm going to have the dealer mount up winter tires for me prior to pick up too.
Oh man that is so exciting!!!!
I can't believe it this will be the first 991 C4S that I've heard of on North American soil (at the very least on 6spped ), you lucky dog!!!

I would definitely put winter tires on before taking delivery... those summer compounds become VERY slippery below 5 degrees Celsius never mind below 0.
Last thing you want is to wreck your brand new ride because you didn't put winters on.

Keep us in the loop and Congrats again!!!

Originally Posted by Fester
Wow...that'll be fantastic. Please do keep us posted as that'll give me some estimation of time elapsed between ETD to ETA...

Mine is now scheduled to be finished by 12/3 (yep a day pull in )...I'll be counting hours after that ...
Oh it'll get here sooner than you think!
It's going to make for a hell of a new years gift !
I just got a new order number because they found an earlier one to switch with... I'm now scheduled for a completion date of Jan. 25.
That's in 2 months!!!!
I can't believe it!

Originally Posted by eg9
My dealer put my order in on Wednesday of this past week (4s white w/espresso). What would be a realistic date for it to arrive to a CA dealership?
You should really ask your dealer for a scheduled completion date!
But they probably won't get that from the factory for a week or so yet... definitely stay on them though.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
It wasn't my intention...

What happened is that, after reading this thread, I took a serious hard look at the new 911's. With all of this new information out about how the 911 feels, and elevated performance, it has really got me thinking...

So the wife and I sat down to price one out - seriously. We started adding things, and her face just got less and less enthusiastic about it as the price went higher and higher... So we were seriously one the fence as to what to get next (not my car - her's). This leads me to my latter post:

(By the way - I'm in NO WAY trying to state the GT-R is superior (performance, or otherwise), just that I have a car that perfectly suits ME and my needs (regardless of what it is). So I'm not the one we are buying the car for - but the wife is now finding herself in my boat, and I'm trying to keep her out of it.)

It is contradictory - that is my conundrum. I WANT to look at other cars, but there are things that keep me on the sidelines, just waiting to get the next one, and the next one, or the one after that, and then waiting for the upgraded one, or waiting until the NEXT chassis, or the NEXT performance bump, etc, etc, etc...

That was my point.

I was not trying to be inflammatory, it is an internal struggle that I have as an enthusiast that I like a LOT of cars, but can't land on one.

(The wife is sold on the new prototype Lotus designs, but we are not sure if they'll ever come to fruition)

The wife has always liked 911's, and we always gravitate back to them. I think we've come to the conclusion that we won't buy a new one (because of the additional cost in options), but will consider a used one, if it is equipped appropriately.

I like the C4S for her, because it is not TOO much power (but just enough to be very sporty), AND it offers AWD for all-weather conditions.

I never intended to say that the GT-R was in ANYWAY a better car. Simply that it is enough to keep me from jumping to the next vehicle, and my lack of motivation is rubbing off on the wife.

Don't get me wrong - I'm TRYING to get another type of car (R8, 911, etc...), and use HER for the reason, saying how it would be for HER. How cool is that? See I can't justify buying two daily drivers for me, but if I convince HER that it is for her, then I can get two. Which is why I need her 100% compliance.

Sorry, guys.

Please don't misunderstand my intention. Every now and then, I rush my posts.
Alright, I'm glad this didn't turn into a slug fest.

I'm sure we can all keep getting along, l just want to keep this thread devoid of negativity or conflict and focus on the sharing of info, pics, videos and the excitement of the first wide-body 991.

Cheers!

Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !

Oh it'll get here sooner than you think!
It's going to make for a hell of a new years gift !
I just got a new order number because they found an earlier one to switch with... I'm now scheduled for a completion date of Jan. 25.
That's in 2 months!!!!
I can't believe it!

That's wonderful news .....! Aren't you glad you didn't pull the trigger on that F430???

Next few days ill be in close contact with the sales guys...I agree, I've gotta feeling that i might be able to get it as my birthday present on NYE !!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Next few days ill be in close contact with the sales guys...I agree, I've gotta feeling that i might be able to get it as my birthday present on NYE !!
NYE? That will be great news! Your BD is on new year eve?

Old 11-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
Yes, that's correct

Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
That is a kick-*** birthday.

Unfortunate for your mother a few years ago... Dad probably thought,"Thank you - tax write off!!!"

Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunate for your mother a few years ago... Dad probably thought,"Thank you - tax write off!!!"
Ha! My mother's b-day is January 1st. She missed the tax write off for the year prior by less than 30 minutes. Reportedly, my grandfather was disappointed.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Ha! My mother's b-day is January 1st. She missed the tax write off for the year prior by less than 30 minutes. Reportedly, my grandfather was disappointed.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man that is so exciting!!!!
I can't believe it this will be the first 991 C4S that I've heard of on North American soil (at the very least on 6spped ), you lucky dog!!!

I would definitely put winter tires on before taking delivery... those summer compounds become VERY slippery below 5 degrees Celsius never mind below 0.
Last thing you want is to wreck your brand new ride because you didn't put winters on.

Keep us in the loop and Congrats again!!!
That's awesome news about your pushed up build slot, Sid! Congrats!

So the ship with mine was supposed to dock yesterday, but it appears as though it has been sitting off of the coast of RI since Friday night. Maybe it is waiting for Monday AM to have people at the port to unload.

I'm not sure if this will make a difference anyhow, though. They may not let the C4s out of the port until later this week since the C4 will be officially unveiled in North America at the LA Auto show on Wednesday. I know that my father had a similar problem with his '99 C4 cabriolet, which was in the first batch of 996 C4s. It sat in the port for a week or so until the Detroit show took place before they would release it to the dealer. <shrugs> If it has to sit there until Wednesday or Thursday then I guess it will likely be next week before I see it.

Hopefully they will just let it through, though.

Winter tires are a must! I switched back and forth on my RS4 for years and it made such a difference in ride comfort (not to mention safety). I just wish someone made a 305 width winter tire for it. Oh well... 295 will be ok for winter duty.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !

That's wonderful news .....! Aren't you glad you didn't pull the trigger on that F430???

Hahaha yeah I am but I'll be even happier when this roller-coaster ride is over!

That's a hell of a birth date, pretty cool!

That's awesome news about your pushed up build slot, Sid! Congrats!

So the ship with mine was supposed to dock yesterday, but it appears as though it has been sitting off of the coast of RI since Friday night. Maybe it is waiting for Monday AM to have people at the port to unload.

I'm not sure if this will make a difference anyhow, though. They may not let the C4s out of the port until later this week since the C4 will be officially unveiled in North America at the LA Auto show on Wednesday. I know that my father had a similar problem with his '99 C4 cabriolet, which was in the first batch of 996 C4s. It sat in the port for a week or so until the Detroit show took place before they would release it to the dealer. <shrugs> If it has to sit there until Wednesday or Thursday then I guess it will likely be next week before I see it.

Hopefully they will just let it through, though.

Winter tires are a must! I switched back and forth on my RS4 for years and it made such a difference in ride comfort (not to mention safety). I just wish someone made a 305 width winter tire for it. Oh well... 295 will be ok for winter duty.

So that would mean that yours will be THE very first "customer" 991 wide-body to hit North America... awesome!!!

I don't remember but did you order PDCC?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
While I can't say it will be THE first, it should certainly be in the first batch!

I went with plain PASM. I didn't order PDCC. I know it's apples and oranges, but my RS4 had a hydraulically linked suspension on it and they were nothing but problems. All of them were replaced multiple times and recalled for repair. PDCC just seemed too similar and worried me about failures.

I thought about SPASM, but there were two concerns:

1) With the already lower front lip on the SportDesign package I was worried about scraping on driveways and such here in NYC. Of particular concern was my driveway at my apartment.

2) My salesman said that he drove a SPASM 991 and felt it was very harsh (this was less of a factor).

I guess if it is too soft I can upgrade roll bars and springs (or coilovers) down the line.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
Contacted the dealer and they confirmed that my C4S will be a December '12 build .. with delivery scheduled for end of Feb '13...

Im just thinking .. can i ask for a factory collection now ??.. if so how much will that shorten the delivery time? ..

Cos it just occurred to me that the timing is perfect to collect the C4S and go 4 a bit of Skiing in the Alps .. that would be amazing way to initiate this amazing machine ..

Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM

Yeah but remember there's a downside too...being previous model year production vs. new...

Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
While I can't say it will be THE first, it should certainly be in the first batch!

I went with plain PASM. I didn't order PDCC. I know it's apples and oranges, but my RS4 had a hydraulically linked suspension on it and they were nothing but problems. All of them were replaced multiple times and recalled for repair. PDCC just seemed too similar and worried me about failures.

I thought about SPASM, but there were two concerns:

1) With the already lower front lip on the SportDesign package I was worried about scraping on driveways and such here in NYC. Of particular concern was my driveway at my apartment.

2) My salesman said that he drove a SPASM 991 and felt it was very harsh (this was less of a factor).

I guess if it is too soft I can upgrade roll bars and springs (or coilovers) down the line.

Yeah I hear ya... all valid points!
That said, I'm really 2nd guessing myself on the PDCC.
If it wasn't for the reported "harder" ride of the C4/S because of stiffer anti-roll bars I would have left the PDCC of my build... I'm 100% sure it works for both performance and comfort but... I'm afraid that what you said about the Audi system could be the case with Porsche too... even with warranty it would be a royal pain in the @ss (at the low low price of 4K ).

Sooooooo I'm kinda hoping to get some firsthand feedback from you buddy hehehehe.
I figure if you don't find it too harsh on those NY roads I should be fine without PDCC too ( mind ya I'd need to take into consideration that the anti-roll bars on the C4S cab are stiffer still than on the coupe...)

Anyway looking forward to hearing all about the first impressions of your new C4S!

Originally Posted by saint.666
Contacted the dealer and they confirmed that my C4S will be a December '12 build .. with delivery scheduled for end of Feb '13...

Im just thinking .. can i ask for a factory collection now ??.. if so how much will that shorten the delivery time? ..

Cos it just occurred to me that the timing is perfect to collect the C4S and go 4 a bit of Skiing in the Alps .. that would be amazing way to initiate this amazing machine ..
I just went through a whole song and dance for EU delivery, the person dealing with EU delivery for North America is Jamie Dillon and it was a pleasure working with her, very very proficient.
That said... no matter which way you slice it you still have to tag the 4 to 8 weeks of transport to your wait time.
So it actually will delay taking possession in your home base because instead of shipping it right away when it's ready it's taken of the shipment line so you can drive it around Europe for whatever time you want....

Cheers!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 11-25-2012 at 04:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!