The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Wow...I can only imagine...but will be in such state before I know it...my guess will be for your car to be with you within next 5 days...lets see

Really cannot wait to see your car photos / videos etc etc ... Please don't waste any time in posting those...post quick!!!!
LOL ya gotta love it hahaha "I CAN"T TAKE IT ANY MORE" hehehehe
If that's not a cry for mercy than I don't know what is...
Grown men at the end of their patience.

Hmmmm that would make for a great clip... various scenarios where different types of men all have that same look on their face.
A mix of agony, happiness, excitement and desperation...
Everyone looks at them not sure what to make of it and a little girl asks "what's wrong with him Mommy" whom replies... "remember when Daddy had look"... Oh that man's Porsche didn't arrive yet either?..." hehehe
Porsche their is no substitute!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 11-30-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
Wow...I can only imagine...but will be in such state before I know it...my guess will be for your car to be with you within next 5 days...lets see

Really cannot wait to see your car photos / videos etc etc ... Please don't waste any time in posting those...post quick!!!!
I hope my photos can do it justice. I will work on them as quickly as I can. I hope it arrives when I have some free time to shoot.

Now I need to come up with a good and different location for a quick arrival photo session with it. Thinking...

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
LOL ya gotta love it hahaha "I CAN"T TAKE IT ANY MORE" hehehehe
If that's not a cry for mercy than I don't know what is...
Grown men at the end of their patience.

Hmmmm that would make for a great clip... various scenarios where different types of men all have that same look on their face.
A mix of agony, happiness, excitement and desperation...
Everyone looks at them not sure what to make of it and a little girl asks "what's wrong with him Mommy" whom replies... "remember when Daddy had look"... Oh that man's Porsche didn't arrive yet either?..." hehehe
Porsche their is no substitute!
That's a great idea! lol. Nice vision.

I'm at the breaking point right now. I think the problem is that I am totally in the dark with regards to progress on it. My salesman has had an awful month outside of work (two immediately family members into the hospital unexpectedly, house destroyed by Sandy). As a result I am trying not to pester him too much for updates and getting replies from him has been super-slow. It's understandable... he has bigger things to deal with than my silly car. My family has bought cars from him for nearly 20 years now and he has always done the right thing for us. He deserves a bit of slack.

I just wish I had an update since Monday when the ship arrived in Davisville. Is it sitting in the port still? Has it gone on a transporter?

I'm borrowing a car until it arrives and I wish I knew how much longer I will need it.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kip
According to AutoZeitung the GT3 is coming 7/2013, the 991TT and 991TTS 9-10/2013 while cabrios 11-12/2013. These are car show presentation dates for the turbos.
I have to admit if I had the money right now, I'd go for the C4S.

The GT3 & Turbo's are coming sooner than I expected. Looks like the GT3 will be a 2014 model year, and the Turbo(S) will be a 2015 model year. That would probably mean 2016 for the GT2...and 2017 or 2018 for the 991.2 GT2RS.

Hmm. If anyone needs a kidney, grandmother or CEO with questionable morals...lemme know.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
I hope my photos can do it justice. I will work on them as quickly as I can. I hope it arrives when I have some free time to shoot.

Now I need to come up with a good and different location for a quick arrival photo session with it. Thinking...

I'm at the breaking point right now. I think the problem is that I am totally in the dark with regards to progress on it. My salesman has had an awful month outside of work (two immediately family members into the hospital unexpectedly, house destroyed by Sandy). As a result I am trying not to pester him too much for updates and getting replies from him has been super-slow. It's understandable... he has bigger things to deal with than my silly car. My family has bought cars from him for nearly 20 years now and he has always done the right thing for us. He deserves a bit of slack.

I just wish I had an update since Monday when the ship arrived in Davisville. Is it sitting in the port still? Has it gone on a transporter?

I'm borrowing a car until it arrives and I wish I knew how much longer I will need it.
Yeah I see what you mean... that sure does give a different perspective on the situation.
Makes one realize how lucky we are... still kinda puts you between a rock and a hard place though.

I guess patience is the only choice, the good thing is that your car is actually on the North American continent!

Hang in there!!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Zeus
I have to admit if I had the money right now, I'd go for the C4S.

Hmm. If anyone needs a kidney, grandmother or CEO with questionable morals...lemme know.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of

Sorry to break it to you but you wont see your car till Jan at the earliest. If at the port it wont be released till the end of Dec. It will be worth the wait. This is official time line from Porsche.

Launch Timeline
The following market launch activities are planned for the U.S. market at this point in time.
Press Embargo date 8/27/2012 Press Release with first official photos
Start of Production October 2012 Carrera 4 Coupes
November 2012 Carrera 4 Cabriolets
World Premiere Paris Auto Show
North American Premiere Los Angeles Auto Show
On Sale Date January 2013 New 911 Carrera 4 Coupes
Spring 2013 New 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolets

Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rossii
Sorry to break it to you but you wont see your car till Jan at the earliest. If at the port it wont be released till the end of Dec. It will be worth the wait. This is official time line from Porsche.

Launch Timeline
The following market launch activities are planned for the U.S. market at this point in time.
Press Embargo date 8/27/2012 Press Release with first official photos
Start of Production October 2012 Carrera 4 Coupes
November 2012 Carrera 4 Cabriolets
World Premiere Paris Auto Show
North American Premiere Los Angeles Auto Show
On Sale Date January 2013 New 911 Carrera 4 Coupes
Spring 2013 New 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolets
Hey! Don't rain on my parade with the introduction of facts and official dates!
I prefer to stay in a state of optimism / ignorance. lol.

I'm hoping that this doesn't turn out to be the case, but I can certainly see it happening. All of the articles I have read say they go on sale in the US in January, which hasn't been reassuring.

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM
saint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to allsaint.666 is a name known to all
For all those who are waiting for their C4S Cab (including Psy Sid) .. Pics from LA show .. enjoy

Hallelujah !!.. Praise Da Lord for ordering my C4S in Platinum silver

more on this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexster...n/photostream/

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
They have arrived!

Checked out some inventories on the east coast and there seem to be some C4S builds in stock!

Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by ae911
They have arrived!

Checked out some inventories on the east coast and there seem to be some C4S builds in stock!
Can you give us examples of a few of those dealers? Do they have photos of actual cars or just generic listings in their inventories?

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ae911
They have arrived!

Not the case. A certain time after vin#'s are assigned they will show up in inventory of dealer sites. These cars could be sitting waiting to go on vessel. They wont go on sale till Jan.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey! Don't rain on my parade with the introduction of facts and official dates!
I prefer to stay in a state of optimism / ignorance. lol.

I'm hoping that this doesn't turn out to be the case, but I can certainly see it happening. All of the articles I have read say they go on sale in the US in January, which hasn't been reassuring.

Thanks for the info.
LOL.......as the saying goes "good things....."

Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Can you give us examples of a few of those dealers? Do they have photos of actual cars or just generic listings in their inventories?

Thanks!
No pictures, as yet... All dealers in Virginia and Maryland have at least one build. In some cases, I have seen three...

Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by rossii
Not the case. A certain time after vin#'s are assigned they will show up in inventory of dealer sites. These cars could be sitting waiting to go on vessel. They wont go on sale till Jan.
Interesting, didn't know that. Surely, if you list you should have it in the lot but I wouldn't be surprised during holiday season. I will check with my dealer to see...

Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
The vessels are unloaded ASAP and get back to work, the cars however are at a holding area at the docks.
Saw this documentary on the whole processes...I forgot the name of the vessel but it had thousands of cars, containers etc, very interesting, highly coordinated.
The whole vessel was loaded with military precision in something like 24hrs and with every millimeter accounted for and specified.
They had hundred of employees who's only job was to drive the multitude of cars onto the vessels with the appropriate vin in a coordinating spot...

Re; NA launch...
My dealer has a C4S sitting at the docks for over a week now... and while the other vehicles for this dealer have been released and are on it's way the C4S is just sitting there...

I thought the C4S NA release was at the LA auto show... why the hell would they not release the dealer cars (if not customer orders) till Jan. 2013!??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!