The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Reached out to my dealer and you guys are correct, they are still at port. The expectation is that they will be released some time in Dec. Official sales date is for Jan 1st.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ae911
Interesting, didn't know that. Surely, if you list you should have it in the lot but I wouldn't be surprised during holiday season. I will check with my dealer to see...
I get calls about this all the time.....dealers can turn off the function but it gets people to call and start a dialogue.

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I thought the C4S NA release was at the LA auto show... why the hell would they not release the dealer cars (if not customer orders) till Jan. 2013!??
Very simple because they can. Thats Porsche....

Last edited by rossii; 12-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
The vessels are unloaded ASAP and get back to work, the cars however are at a holding area at the docks......

Re; NA launch...
My dealer has a C4S sitting at the docks for over a week now... and while the other vehicles for this dealer have been released and are on it's way the C4S is just sitting there...

I thought the C4S NA release was at the LA auto show... why the hell would they not release the dealer cars (if not customer orders) till Jan. 2013!??
correct, you're right.... I've been told that my C4S has been completely built and it's basically ready for distribution, but somehow the factory is waiting to distribute them, holding them back and store them temporarily for approx 3 weeks in Stuttgart, no idea,what the reason is for this....i will get mine early Jan

Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
yoohoo...I got my VIN# ... so it's confirmed that it exists! Loaded on the vessel hopefully by tomorrow...checking on that...

Old 12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fester
yoohoo...I got my VIN# ... so it's confirmed that it exists! Loaded on the vessel hopefully by tomorrow...checking on that...
Nice! Maybe the hold up was that when they finished it they needed to stop the whole production line so that everyone could take a look at how beautifully it turned out?

That's most likely it.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
Nice! Maybe the hold up was that when they finished it they needed to stop the whole production line so that everyone could take a look at how beautifully it turned out?

That's most likely it.
LOL.......You're probably correct

Well, hopefully we see yours beauty first, very soon!!!

Last edited by Fester; 12-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rossii
Very simple because they can. Thats Porsche....
Ain't that the truth...

Originally Posted by airwave
correct, you're right.... I've been told that my C4S has been completely built and it's basically ready for distribution, but somehow the factory is waiting to distribute them, holding them back and store them temporarily for approx 3 weeks in Stuttgart, no idea,what the reason is for this....i will get mine early Jan
Congrats!
To bad they're holding your car too...
I can't believe they are doing that in Europe, I mean the launch of the C4S was a month ago... very strange

I guess they are coordinating world wide... well, at least that will make for a lot of joy on these pages in a few weeks.

AWESOME!!!!!
Hehehehe Fester you sound so excited it's contagious!
"Yoohoo..." man that made me laugh!
Congrats!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja

That's most likely it.

LOL.......You're probably correct

Well, hopefully we see yours beauty first, very soon!!!
You know that's what I love about the 991 section... there's so much loveeeeee

Seriously though, for the most part people here are excited to be getting or having already received their brand new 991.
It makes for a very happy bunch of of well spoken guys (whom feel like 8 year olds hehehe).

Yep very cool to be able to share the passion, excitement and info with like minded individuals without all the "over compensation" of fragile ego's (d!ck measuring) you see in other sections.

It's just nice to see people being able to compliment each other on their rides without feeling that by raising someone else's car they lower themselves, quiet the opposite actually.

So to all whom make the 991 section what it is, I want to say THANKS!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
I got my order in today for a January production C4S. Check out the other post with a link for the imanual app for the iphone. Figured I would spend the next couple of months getting acquainted with the manual.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though, for the most part people here are excited to be getting or having already received their brand new 991.
It makes for a very happy bunch of of well spoken guys (whom feel like 8 year olds hehehe).

Yep very cool to be able to share the passion, excitement and info with like minded individuals without all the "over compensation" of fragile ego's (d!ck measuring) you see in other sections.

It's just nice to see people being able to compliment each other on their rides without feeling that by raising someone else's car they lower themselves, quiet the opposite actually.

Can you be a little more specific, which section ? ; D I want to go read some of those

Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM

...it's a love fest man!!

Seriously, thanks for concocting and consolidating this 4/4S section..this has been tremendously helpful, not only as an information source but also helps to get likeminded individuals share their pains/gains together...there's no other such platform/outlet...I can speak for myself..so this works like a therapy, at least for me..........

Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
Can you be a little more specific, which section ? ; D I want to go read some of those

...it's a love fest man!!

Seriously, thanks for concocting and consolidating this 4/4S section..this has been tremendously helpful, not only as an information source but also helps to get likeminded individuals share their pains/gains together...there's no other such platform/outlet...I can speak for myself..so this works like a therapy, at least for me..........
LOL the 991 section as a whole has kept me from driving my wife crazy!
This C4/S thread has been great because so many have participated in posting info, shots and video's of the first 991 wide-body variants while allowing for some venting while we're at it...

Not sure how much action we'll see here once everyone has received their C4/S though... I think we'll all be to busy actually driving our babies...FINALLY!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I can't hang out with you guys anymore... I am dying of envy and jealousy, I am just torturing myself here

Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh BTW... !!!LATEST NEWS!!!

I've heard from my dealer that their C4S is scheduled to be released from the port on the Dec. 13th!!
By deduction this release date would be applicable for all NA dealers... so you lucky guys with a C4S at the port... IT'S COMING!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
I can't hang out with you guys anymore... I am dying of envy and jealousy, I am just torturing myself here
Sorry, it's just part of the process!

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!