The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Official photos...
Please note the optional 'Adaptive Cruise Control' (center/lower front bumper) on the last photo shown of the Carrera 4S coupe! This option will soon appear in our PCNA configurator and will be offered on our 991 models starting later this Fall! It also shows it with the glass sunroof which is expected to be re-listed soon as an option (after experiencing production delays due to supply or quality control issues - we don't know yet exact cause!).

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 08-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Official photos...
Oh dude that just made my day!!!
I've been looking almost daily to find anything on the 991 C4S... damn I can't believe it's actually here!
Nice find!

I wonder if they'll have a GT3 appearance package for the C4S like they did with the 997, cause I've got to be honest I'm not blown away by the difference in styling... but than again those hips are VERY sexy and just look at that rear shot of the blue C4S cab WOWWWW!
Yep it's looking real good without a roof!

Guess I can always put a GT3 or Turbo front-end on it when that comes out... I know "sacrilege".
BTW did you guys notice the difference (between C2/s and this C4/S) in the grill of the air-intake... small difference but not sure if I like it.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Official photos...
Awesome find!!!

Is the interconnecting red taillight illuminated?

Old 08-25-2012, 01:24 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Fester
Awesome find!!!

totally looks like it doesn't it??

finally! i've always wanted my strip illuminated when I hit the brakes so other moron drivers know not to tailgate me because it will remind them my heart and soul of the car is in the rear not the front of the car like all the rest of the boring cars on the road

Sid, currently this is my favorite thread by far on 6sp0 thanks for creating it.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Awesome find!!!

Yes Sirrrrrr
Check out how both the taillights and the "reflector strip" have an orange/red line indicating it's illuminated.
Also it says it in this article... although it doesn't sound like they are fans of the C4/S http://www.motorward.com/2012/08/por...irst-pictures/

Oh BTW you where right on the money with your info/prediction!!!
Thanks again for the heads-up!

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
totally looks like it doesn't it??

finally! i've always wanted my strip illuminated when I hit the brakes so other moron drivers know not to tailgate me because it will remind them my heart and soul of the car is in the rear not the front of the car like all the rest of the boring cars on the road
The strip is an LED and lights up with the rest of the lights depending on the position of the light switch on your dash. I don't think it acts as a supplementary rear 'brake' light...although you might be able to wire it that way in the 'after-market' if you find someone with the skills to do so for you.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uhn2000
My biz partner has an SLS, he found a 1 year old slightly used and saved over 70k on it.
Just a weeeee bit of depreciation.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yes Sirrrrrr
Check out how both the taillights and the "reflector strip" have an orange/red line indicating it's illuminated.
Also it says it in this article... although it doesn't sound like they are fans of the C4/S http://www.motorward.com/2012/08/por...irst-pictures/

Oh BTW you where right on the money with your info/prediction!!!
Thanks again for the heads-up!
I'm going to get in the queue...want this baby in Dec...my birthday present!!!!

Old 08-25-2012, 03:47 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Want this baby in Dec...my birthday present!!!!
Jesus?

Old 08-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by hawc
Jesus?

I'm new years eve birth...!

Old 08-25-2012, 04:30 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
OK reading some posts of the possible imminent release of the 991 C4S has awoken me from my 991 slumber/waiting mode...
Since starting this thread, un-camouflaged spy shots of the 991 C4S have been floating around (in yellow) and although the 991 looks great in all colors (except for that metalic green/gold! ) I do find hard to look past the yellow, so here's some spy shots of a C4S in black.

You'll note that this test mule is camo'd with a GT3 setup, or perhaps is a hybrid mix of GT3 and C4S elements... one could argue that except for it's rear bumper and the reflective (blacked-out) strip between the taillights this IS a GT3...

And of course you'd be right... however since it's rear-end has the same wide-body styling, dimensions and proportions as the C4S (hence the C4S bumper on a GT3...) I thought it would be appropriate to post up.

Granted it has the aerokit cup package out back but ya can still see those sexy lines unique to the wide-body, elegant yet aggressively intimidating.
I mean just look at the 1st & 2nd shot of the rear quarters... damn even the curves have curves!

ps also note the center exhaust "hack" job done on the rear bumper and the "taped-over" unused openings of the double twin pipe stock tips...
I love the spoiler on this pix

Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by uhn2000
My biz partner has an SLS and we drive it all the time. Gets tons of looks and a real exciting car to be in. He found a 1 year old slightly used and saved over 70k on it - worth a look thats for sure. Being a manual tranny guy I will say that I am not loving the SLS gear box but other then that its definitely worth a look.
Sorry totally missed your post my friend.
I like the SLS for it's own unique reasons (A LOT) and it does attract quiet a bit of attention however it's not as "in your face" as a Ferrari or Lambo which for my tastes just attract too much attention...
It's tough call SLS or C4S but right now I'm so damn excited about the P. getting so close to being released I have a feeling like a 12 year old at X-mass!
I think my deposit on the C4S is finally going to be put to work.

Originally Posted by hawc
Just a weeeee bit of depreciation.
True but we are talking about a $220K vehicle so 70K is about 32%, which is a lot of depreciation but I also think that's about the best deal I've heard of on a SLS.
That said, a 30% drop as soon as ya drive of the lot is not uncommon with most high-end cars.

Hence my interest in purchasing a used SLS roadster VS a new 991 C4S, this way they fall within the same kind of price range (although the roadster is not quiet that much discounted yet).

Lets face it we're lucky to have these kinds of "problems".

I'm going to get in the queue...want this baby in Dec...my birthday present!!!!
You and me both!
(hope to have mine for birthday in Feb.)

Originally Posted by tachyon
I love the spoiler on this pix
Yeah lets hope they'll have something nice for the actual C4S... with that light connecting the taillight it may complicate thing s bit... but damn it does look good!!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Did a little photo shop to see what the cab would look like in black...

Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Did a little photo shop to see what the cab would look like in black...
Great job!

ChuckJ

Old 08-27-2012, 02:15 AM
alexcalifornia is infamous around these parts
It's here....

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!