The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JB in AR
I wrote "great car," not "mode of transportation." You intentionally misquoted me. Why would any rational person do that?

I was so hoping we could be friends.

Everyone can see for themselves what you said and what your implying...
You stated... "I like my Porsche for what it is - a great car - but you seem to like yours for some sort of subconscious compensation for a physical "shortage" or inability to perform in other areas."

After a statement like that you can keep your "friendship" for the one 6speed friend who supports your flaming posts by posing as a shocked observer...

I'll say it again, please keep your trolling posts from this thread.
On the ignore list.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
HA HA HA, that was me, another mr, OCD. btw, I guess I should start a post that to premiere my narrow body with duck tail ; D Came in yesterday - wooo hoooo!
I knew it!
Pfewwww for a second there I thought I was loosing my marbles.

As to "my narrow body with duck tail ; D Came in yesterday"... spill the beans!!
What did you end up getting!?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Hey Fester, I thought I'd answer your question about the center console switches here, better of hijacking my own thread instead of someone else's.

OK so you guys may remember the posts about getting rid of those unsightly empty buttons in the center console... I posted pics of a kit for sale on ebay (where some of the switches where missing).
Well I found out that this kit comes with the PSE retro fit... yep the whole damn box of switches including the housing!
I thought a PSE retrofit just came with the one button... go figure?

Anyway I decided to buy the switch kit from the dealer as I really wanted the extra PSE switch to activate the extra set of valves I'm putting on the PSE and of course fill in those empty buttons (even if they are non functional).

The kit cost $250,- plus tax and funny enough for that price there still seem to be buttons missing (empty spaces in the foam).
Kinda expensive for 3 buttons... but what the hell I just couldn't live with those blank spaces.
now if only I had the car.

edit...

Found a pic of what the center console looks like with no options... I'd say in this case the switch kit is a must!
Wonder who bought the one from ebay... all I need is three chrome piece, but probably not for 240.00 ; D. Does that look like a DIY project?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I knew it!
Pfewwww for a second there I thought I was loosing my marbles.

As to "my narrow body with duck tail ; D Came in yesterday"... spill the beans!!
What did you end up getting!?
I lost mine a long time ago. C2s, picked it up yesterday. First order went in back in July, but the deviated stitching was holding it back. Went with black stitching in August. Drove it home last night, maybe give it a good clean this weekend and take some pics

Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
Wonder who bought the one from ebay... all I need is three chrome piece, but probably not for 240.00 ; D. Does that look like a DIY project?
I'll tell ya what, if you've got the patience (and your OCD doesn't cause a breakdown ) I'll send ya the silver separators I've got left after the switch kit is installed.
Except for one spare I really don't see me ever using the rest so your welcome to it free of charge (just pm me your info and we'll set it up).

Who knows maybe this could be the start of some type of exchange program... not my original idea but I like it, a lot.
So if anyone wants to swap some red leather parts for black let me know!

Originally Posted by mdc
I lost mine a long time ago. C2s, picked it up yesterday. First order went in back in July, but the deviated stitching was holding it back. Went with black stitching in August. Drove it home last night, maybe give it a good clean this weekend and take some pics

Hahahaha I can feel the excitement from your post, AWESOME!!!
A big CONGRATS!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!
That's a hell of a way to bring in the new year...

Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 PM
mdc
I'll tell ya what, if you've got the patience (and your OCD doesn't cause a breakdown ) I'll send ya the silver separators I've got left after the switch kit is installed.
Except for one spare I really don't see me ever using the rest so your welcome to it free of charge (just pm me your info and we'll set it up).

Who knows maybe this could be the start of some type of exchange program... not my original idea but I like it, a lot.
So if anyone wants to swap some red leather parts for black let me know!

Hahahaha I can feel the excitement from your post, AWESOME!!!
A big CONGRATS!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!
That's a hell of a way to bring in the new year...
Seriously? that is way too kind of you, ok, I will send PM. Thank you again. Yes, merry Xmas to all!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
Seriously? that is way too kind of you, ok, I will send PM. Thank you again. Yes, merry Xmas to all!
Hehehe it's all good, what comes around goes around!
That said, you've got to share in my "waiting misery" a bit because I do actually need to get my new baby and do the install of the kit before I send it off to you.

Soon though, soon!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
mdc
Hehehe it's all good, what comes around goes around!
That said, you've got to share in my "waiting misery" a bit because I do actually need to get my new baby and do the install of the kit before I send it off to you.

Soon though, soon!
Yap. I hope it is an easy thing to do. ; D. Be bad if I screw that up, maybe I will ask the service dept to do it.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 PM
eg9
eg9 is infamous around these parts
Quick question... If I was to put an order (Build) in for a C4S with no options at a dealership in CA, what would be an educated guess on how long it would take to arrive at that dealership?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
Yap. I hope it is an easy thing to do. ; D. Be bad if I screw that up, maybe I will ask the service dept to do it.
Yeah that's what I'm doing (dealer install) but I'm planning to use the winter to work with my mechanic at the dealer on a few custom projects...
They are used to me working with them that way I get what i want and they get to actually charge more hours than if I'd just leave the mechanic alone hehehe

That said there's some VERY savvy DIY'ers here in the 991 section but with my meat hooks I'm not one of them...

Originally Posted by eg9
Quick question... If I was to put an order (Build) in for a C4S with no options at a dealership in CA, what would be an educated guess on how long it would take to arrive at that dealership?
Oh... there's just too many moving parts to that equation to give an accurate answer...
I guess one could extrapolate from a general feedback but in the end it depends on where on the list of allocations are you with your dealer, is there any PAG supplier issues, geographically where are you located, is there a back-log on builds or are they pushing certain models up, is your car being shipped during a season with rough seas, etc, etc...
And even after all that look at all the guys whom are waiting for their C4S's to be released from port after weeks of waiting while others get theirs within days from landing...

Best bet is to check with your dealer.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
HA HA HA, that was me, another mr, OCD. btw, I guess I should start a post that to premiere my narrow body with duck tail ; D Came in yesterday - wooo hoooo!
Woo hoo...back at ya!!! This is awesome News!! Can't wait to see your car. I know you've been waiting for it for too long and spent a lot of time noodling the options/add-ons! And you did help me decide getting the rear tunnel and the extended leather dash!!! It must've come out to be hell of a car. CONGRATS man!!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Fester
Woo hoo...back at ya!!! This is awesome News!! Can't wait to see your car. I know you've been waiting for it for too long and spent a lot of time noodling the options/add-ons! And you did help me decide getting the rear tunnel and the extended leather dash!!! It must've come out to be hell of a car. CONGRATS man!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wait a minute, this is a 4s thread. I was just as excited as you are watching you adding and changing options. Rear tunnel is worth every penny. ; D. Additional dash is nice, does not has a much impact as I was hoping for, but I kinda knew that. I think it would be stunning in contrast stitching. Still very nice, just did not get a lot of chances to go over and drool all over the details yet. Maybe I am saving it for Xmas. OK, maybe I will wrap it up.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
On the ignore list.
Sooooo, I guess no Christmas card from you this year??

(Thanks for making my morning so much brighter by taking my advice. Oh, and thanks for red beaning me, too. I'll cherish it, and I returned the favor. Back at ya.)

Enjoy your new car, and drive safely.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Hahaha love the way everything is staged... but at least the Porsche's where real!
Great find, thanks for posting!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!