The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:19 AM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Wowzers - now me likey that allot!

Cheers,

Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Oh dude ya just beat me to it!
Awesome pic, man that looks good!

You wouldn't happen to know how to take the Patric Long video (2nd) and post that here would ya?

Here's a few more pics.
Cheers!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 08-27-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alexcalifornia
oh man...done. sorry 13 s5 cab. its done now. time to call my sales rep.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Well guys check your Porsche configurator... IT'S HERE!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	background_pdcc_02.png
Views:	201
Size:	810.1 KB
ID:	186045  
Attached Images   
Old 08-27-2012, 04:33 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
yes! Love the new strip.

I'm hoping the wait has been worth it. Going to call the dealer today to see when they can start putting in orders.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't get much more badass then this.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Poults is infamous around these parts
Am I reading the pricing right? Seems like the 4/4S has gone up much more than they did with the 2/2S from the previous design. Assume it is all to do with the new all wheel drive technology or are there other standard items now in the 4?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:55 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone spoken to their dealer yet? Any info on when they will be able to take orders?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
According to my dealer US spec cars are not going into production until jan//feb 2013. Not sure if that is correct info.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Hehehe for those which have been waiting 6 months.... the answer is HELL YES!

Problem is, we know more about it than they do... of course calls to the mother-ship in Germania are being placed... which is great but the dealer should really know this stuff before we do.
With this said,(and there might be some exceptions) but for the most part to the dealer staff it's "a job" to most here on 6, it's passion!

That's getting more costly be the minute... anyone notice that the difference between a coupe and cab has increased dramatically ?

I know exactly what you mean. I've had a C4S coupe deposit down since February 4th.

Called my dealer and, similarly, they don't have any more info than the press release, but they are emailing and calling to try to find out more too.

Getting closer...

Old 08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yeah my dealer has also been saying this for a while now... however one would think that Porsche is not going to wait until 6 months after the launch of the wide-body to actually release it to their biggest market.

Man I hope not!
Sid in reality I think the first cars should be stateside end Jan. I too cannot imagine a longer delay than that. I think orders and firm pricing should be in place around October. It's all speculation though

Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow some awesome pics!

OK so I'm sure you guys have been reading about the "double declutching" downshift option (DDD) with the MT in conjunction with Sport Chrono.
There's an awsome thread about it right here on 6 by Z356 but since this new SC DDD system is a vital part of the new C4/S I thought I'd add it on this thread as well.

At first I was kinda excited about it but as I started getting more info I realized this system looks the same as the Synchro revmatch as seen in the Nissan 370Z... and (to me) almost looks like down-shifting for "dummies" .

I don't know... if one chooses to go that way I say get the PDK instead, it's truly magnificent with SC!
That said I'm sticking with the MT...now whether the DDD was developed as a "fun" tool or to cover the manufacturer from damage due to bad shifting (while under warranty of course ) remains to be seen..
Sometimes there's only one way to find out... who's first, ya can always turn the DDD off.

Anyway check out the video.

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 08-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Can the price below be accurate??

Thats $140k US for the 4S model ?!?

World premiere at the Paris International Motor Show
The new Porsche 911 Carrera with all-wheel drive will make its first public appearance at the 2012 Paris International Motor Show. The new 911 models will launch at the end of 2012. Prices in Germany are 97,557 euros for the 911 Carrera 4 Coupé and 110,290 euros for the Cabriolet. The 911 Carrera 4 S costs 112,313 euros as a Coupé and 125,046 euros as a Cabriolet. All prices include 19 per cent VAT and country-specific features.

Source [Porsche]

Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
Can the price below be accurate??

Thats $140k US for the 4S model ?!?

World premiere at the Paris International Motor Show
The new Porsche 911 Carrera with all-wheel drive will make its first public appearance at the 2012 Paris International Motor Show. The new 911 models will launch at the end of 2012. Prices in Germany are 97,557 euros for the 911 Carrera 4 Coupé and 110,290 euros for the Cabriolet. The 911 Carrera 4 S costs 112,313 euros as a Coupé and 125,046 euros as a Cabriolet. All prices include 19 per cent VAT and country-specific features.

Source [Porsche]
Yup that's right...
In Canada a 991 C4S cab starts at 134K (coupe is 120K) and with SC, PSE, Premium Package and a few cosmetic things (but no full leather etc!) comes to 150K.

For some reason the US site doesn't have the 991 C4/S variants listed yet on the configurator, that said US & Can. pricing are very close (US being about 1% "cheaper").

Yup the 991 is getting expensive... I can just imagine how much the Turbo is going to be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!