The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Which factory is best for Euro-Delivery?

Configurator

Hmm..

Base price: $117,530
Price for Equipment: $26,700
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price:*
$145,180

Dang. More than I wanted to spend for sure, but the '12 C2S I'm looking at on the lot right now is 132K sticker.

Assuming a 5-7% discount on the C2S on the lot @ 132K, I'm curious what % of a discount I could hope to get off the C4S order with or without Euro-delivery..assuming cash payment. Hmm.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 PM
7SPEED991 is infamous around these parts
Adaptive Cruise Control adds the Hubble Telescope to the front end. Cool option but I think i'll pass...

Old 08-28-2012, 02:45 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
With Porsche there is no extra discount when doing a Euro delivery (as apposed to BMW and Volvo).
On all previous 911 generations there actually was a cost to doing Euro D. of $3500,- to $ 5000,- (depending on country of origin).

For the 991 series they don't charge this fee however most of the cost is charged through to the dealer who in turn get an extra allocation added.
But beware... when dealer find out you're doing a Euro D. they are not very keen on giving much in the way of discounts on your new 991, to such an extent that some dealer will even reduce discount agreed upon if ya hit them with a Euro D. after the fact...

Do search here on 6 and Rennlist, lots of feedback about the subject.
Appreciate that, I will. Thanks for the time to pass along the info.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
I love the lines on the new 4S, but I'm not crazy about all the badges on the back.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 7SPEED991
Adaptive Cruise Control adds the Hubble Telescope to the front end. Cool option but I think i'll pass...

Originally Posted by nicoli
Appreciate that, I will. Thanks for the time to pass along the info.
No problem, that's one of the great things of 6speed, collective knowledge!

Originally Posted by JB in AR
I love the lines on the new 4S, but I'm not crazy about all the badges on the back.
Yeah I'm going to take ALL of it off, if someone can't tell what it is by looking at it... chances are they'll ask the universal question (regardless of variant or generation...) "is that a turbo!"

Old 08-28-2012, 06:26 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Hey Doc, it's been a while.
If you think that's interesting wait till ya get a load of this... not really my cup of tea but, very interesting.
real pic? or rendered?

I love the mexico blue color

Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
c4s vid

Just saw this, sorry if its a repost...its new to me!!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tachyon
real pic? or rendered?

No I believe it's a rendering.
Here's some pics of the real thing... mind ya the brown one is also a rendering but I'd say it's about as close as you can get!
Note in the back shots of the camo'd Targa that the (blacked-out) illuminated strip is visible from the top (when the spoiler is deployed).

Attached Images     
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tachyon
real pic? or rendered?

I'm more partial to the macadamia...

(I'm glad they appear to have revived it as a color choice.)

Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
I think white/brown will look superb. If you're leaning toward a silver combo really think about the standard silver as there is a browning hue on that color which IMO will look stunning with the brown interior.

Agree about the steering plus...make sure you like it before ordering.

Def get rid of that blobby adaptive cruise. It wrecks the look of the front end.

I'm also not sure of the voice control. If its anything like the ones I've had on my Audi's they can be a pain in the butt. I rarely used it.

It's going to be a stunner of a car.
I have not driven steering plus yet. Will try it out as soon as I return home (oversees for extended biz travel )

I thought about standard silver/brown... my issue is that my wife is against me getting yet another "silver" car (whether standard/GT)... I tend to agree, as it may not feel like completely new (don't know why, but I get that...)... this would be my 4th silver car in a row and our other car/SUV is pearl white....

I use VC moderately in my bimmer... but think that I may not need it... will most likely remove it...

BTW, thoughts about any other ext colors that are "timeless" and go well with brown interior?

Last edited by Fester; 08-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
GT-Silver/Brown is actually my favourite - too bad its got such a premium for pricing! By the way I would also remove the "steering plus" option unless you tested it and liked it - was too mushy for my taste.
Yep, I'm going to try it out... my sales guys was "highly recommending" steering-plus option...

Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by jmmk
Don't forget the yellow brakes!
Yeah..actually thought deeply about it... .. but decided against it as I won't be taking it to track..

Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
On all previous 911 generations there actually was a cost to doing Euro D. of $3500,- to $ 5000,- (depending on country of origin).
Not exactly correct. In the early days, there were substantial discounts on European Delivery on the 911's for all non-German residents. I did two Porsche ED's in the 1980's and tons of folks did them starting back in the 1950's with 356's! All Porsche models then qualified for the ED discount and the savings were real since the German government gave the exporters a tax subsidy for each car sold via ED and delivered in Germany. Not only it helped German exports after the war, it also promoted tourism in a rebuilt Germany! Porsche, in more recent times, did stop doing ED and then re-introduced it charging a premium (that is what your statement above referred to). The new policy on the 991 is better but not optimal for the reasons you have mentioned. The dealer is charged for it by PAG/PCNA, so you get less of a discount in the end! So you pay for ED in either case! In the old days, neither Porsche or you paid for the 'savings'. It was 'paid' by the German taxpayers and it was GREAT!

In 'modern' times I have done three BMW European Deliveries (last one in 2006). They still have real savings that are passed on to you and your dealer both! Mercedes has a similar program. I still think the German government is providing a subsidy to its auto manufacturers to promote exports & tourism in the 'Fatherland'. Otherwise, why would BMW & MB still offer these incredible deals?

It is my belief that Porsche has chosen NOT to pass the savings along to us! Here is the reason why. Zuffenhausen can't handle too many deliveries per day since they are space restricted. Porsche's German customers commonly take delivery at the factory (but order at their local dealers) and that is already taxing PAG's meager 'delivery facility' at the Zuffenhausen! That is why they are not pushing ED for Americans and why the ED discount is only marginal for us. If you have been to MB's Sindelfingen delivery center or BMW Welt in Munich, you can easily appreciate the difference between the huge capacities of these two 'European Delivery' facilities versus Porsche's in Zuffenhausen!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fester
holy crap... mine comes out to be > $147K (no taxes) !!!

-----
Description No. Info Price
911 Carrera 4S $105,630
Packages
Burmester® Audio Package P3A
$5,010
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus P3C
$6,155
Exterior Colors
GT Silver Metallic U2 $3,140
Interior Colors
Espresso natural leather interior NE
$4,840
Exterior
Electric sunroof 651
$1,490
Electric folding exterior mirrors 748
$320
ParkAssist (front and rear) 636
$990
Performance
Sport Exhaust System 176
$2,950
Power Steering Plus 658
$270
Sport Chrono Package 640
$2,370
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) with PASM sport suspension 031
$4,050
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
$4,080
Wheels
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel 427
$1,170
Wheel Accessories
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446
$185
Interior
Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS) 456
$2,490
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) P07
$0
Interior Leather
Natural leather interior 998
$0
Multi-function steering wheel 844
$615
Audio and Communications
Voice Control 671
$595
Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $147,300
I love how they continue to charge for things like folding side mirrors and multifunction steering wheel controls that come standard on low end cars.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spf4000
I love how they continue to charge for things like folding side mirrors and multifunction steering wheel controls that come standard on low end cars.
Consider ourself lucky that they don't start charging for seats. Oh wait, they do...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!