The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Carracho is a splendid one to beholdCarracho is a splendid one to beholdCarracho is a splendid one to beholdCarracho is a splendid one to beholdCarracho is a splendid one to beholdCarracho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by opnielsen
That is AWESOME Sid! I can't wait to se her topless...That is of course your 4S I'm talking about

Where the hell do you get these awesome girlies ??

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Carracho
Keeps them locked up in his basement.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fester
Yep... tell me about it... no kidding! I take longer / alternate routes. From yesterday evening until now, I put 100 miles on it - my work is about 5 miles away

Today my wife and I had a meeting with someone, she left after me but I arrived home much later... took the longest route possible . Will take it up for a spin all day tomorrow followed by wash/detail on Sunday...that's the plan. As for impressions...some below

Driving: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's glued to asphalt! I'm NOT braking while turning!!!!! AND, it turns into an animal in SPORT and in SPORT+ ...if I have to choose an analogy..I think...it's like cheetah...it's like a Dual personality- completely transforms from a sports car in to an anima!!! PSE...Double WOW.. crackle sound on downshifts and exhaust note on upshifts is truly mesmerizing!

Burmester: I'm hearing different musical instruments while playing over 10 years old songs. I played AAC lossless songs and man, it's amazing and even MP3s. With the sound volume higher, the sound waves tap on your legs/body and gives an impression like you're sitting in a concert. What a feat!!! ..worth every penny of $5K and then much more!!

Seats: 18 way adaptive seats fit you like a perfect high quality soft leather glove and with Espresso color it feels so rich!! Did I mention, it smells awesome too

Looks: Real feast for the eyes. Very aggressive stance with 5mm spaces/SPASM/PDCC! Plus, I am SO SO glad I chose GT-Silver!! It is gorgeous color, like no other Silver I ever had! I got late for a meeting today as I was staring at it long after parking in the garage under fluorescent light!!! ... I actually took a snapshot with my iphone5.. (attached)...
Nice one Fester... Finally got to test drive a C4S today and I have to say that I made the right choice. The steering feedback is surprisingly better than the C2S but that is only my opinion.

My order is close to being locked and it is becoming even more real. How did you manage all that time?

Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Wink

Originally Posted by ae911
Nice one Fester... Finally got to test drive a C4S today and I have to say that I made the right choice. The steering feedback is surprisingly better than the C2S but that is only my opinion.

My order is close to being locked and it is becoming even more real. How did you manage all that time?
You're lucky to be able to test drive it...I took a gamble and ordered 4S without even having an opportunity to test drive. This risk paid me off big time! What an amazing machine it is. In 2 days I have put 300 miles on it !! It's worth every minute of wait, only if it needs to be exactly the way you want it- otherwise you can easily get off the lot!

As long as managing time, just get hooked with the gang at 6SO - what a great bunch of fellows... It'll help you get thru in a jiffy.... It worked for me

Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 PM
hepmonk is infamous around these partshepmonk is infamous around these parts
Wow!

Just stunning!

Congratulations Fester!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
You're lucky to be able to test drive it...I took a gamble and ordered 4S without even having an opportunity to test drive. This risk paid me off big time! What an amazing machine it is. In 2 days I have put 300 miles on it !! It's worth every minute of wait, only if it needs to be exactly the way you want it- otherwise you can easily get off the lot!
Fester, your car looks awesome and is spec'd wonderfully! I am really so glad that you're happy with it.

Now get to the 2k mile marker and then there's this tiny thing I tried today..... LAUNCH CONTROL!!!! It'll doubly amplify your current impressions of the car!

Be well and have a great drive tomorrow. Until then I hope you've moved back into your bedroom for the night

Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carracho

Damn... down boy!

I just recently figured out how to do this myself...
Let me have a bit of "exclusivity" before spilling the beans on the secrets to my infantile enjoyment derived from posting gratuitous images of scantly glad females shaking their gluttonous maximus!

But to torture you bit more ... it can actually be used for other (CALMING!) images as well... ooooowh it's like magic.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-27-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Purpose served ! Cheers buddy!! Hope you're feelin better??
Wish that was true...but I'm actually feeling like crap!
The good thing is we know the cause (so I'm no longer a freak of nature, that's always a good thing ) it seems I have a propensity for hurting myself (tell me something I don't know lol) and that I banged my inner wrist (at the precise location of where this artery is closest to the surface) so damn hard I ruptured the inner walls which in turn caused the blood clot which after 4 weeks build up to a 6' length.
Sooo that's one mystery solved... however the severely bad reaction to the blood thinners (to get rid of the clod) and the fact that my damn pneumonia flared up again (with a vengeance!) is not so good...
I can't wait to put this chapter behind me...

Ahem and there's the other thing... I had a "disagreement" of sorts with my P. dealer (not related to my C4S) which made me so upset I'm considering canceling my order with them...
I was actually considering dropping Porsche all together and going back to Ferrari...
However reading the posts here on 6. I'm not so sure about that either.. . instead maybe I'll take my business to another local P. dealer who has been very eager to get it... not looking forward to another 3 month wait though (been told that's the turn around if I re-order now).
We'll see what happens...

Originally Posted by opnielsen
That is AWESOME Sid! I can't wait to se her topless...That is of course your 4S I'm talking about
Hey those are my sisters you're talking about!!
Whether they are going to be German or Italian girls we'll have to see...

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-27-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hepmonk
Just stunning!

Congratulations Fester!
Cheers !! Thanks. It looks even better in person. I could spend all day just staring at her

I'll post more pics when it's cleaned up and in better setting...no sure when...but I will....

Originally Posted by Haku
Fester, your car looks awesome and is spec'd wonderfully! I am really so glad that you're happy with it.

Now get to the 2k mile marker and then there's this tiny thing I tried today..... LAUNCH CONTROL!!!! It'll doubly amplify your current impressions of the car!

Be well and have a great drive tomorrow. Until then I hope you've moved back into your bedroom for the night
Thanks Haku! Actually I was just thinking about it today. Tell us more about launch control experience!

Last edited by Fester; 01-27-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Wish that was true...but I'm actually feeling like crap!
Ahem and there's the other thing... I had a "disagreement" of sorts with my P. dealer (not related to my C4S) which made me so upset I'm considering canceling my order with them...
Good thing is the diagnosis is correct-that's half the cure right there! I'm sure in no time you'll be back on track!! Get well soon!!

Regarding the 2nd part...don't let the experience with dealer let you make a decision in haste! Go with the other guy....have you thought about discussing with the corporate? ...perhaps that way you keep your current order in the queue while continuing with the other dealer???

Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 AM
Good thing is the diagnosis is correct-that's half the cure right there! I'm sure in no time you'll be back on track!! Get well soon!!

Regarding the 2nd part...don't let the experience with dealer let you make a decision in haste! Go with the other guy....have you thought about discussing with the corporate? ...perhaps that way you keep your current order in the queue while continuing with the other dealer???
Fester you are a man with perspective an wisdom.
It's been such a sensory overload for me this past 4 weeks that I haven't been able to stand back and give things due consideration... specifically regarding this last issue with the dealer which came out of nowhere really on Friday evening.

Anyway I think what you mentioned about keeping my current order in the queue while continuing with the other dealer makes total sense!

It's just ashame that after such a long wait something had to happen to upset me enough to put such a negative spin on such an exciting event...
But I guess you went through something similar yourself...

Thanks I actually feel much better now (re; the C4S)!!

Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Sid, firstly I'm wishing for you a speedy recovery from your health and injury woes.

I was just about to ask what the status is regarding your C4S when I read about your troubles with the dealer. That sucks! I hope it gets sorted out. These things sometimes put a clanger in the experience but are a test of our resilience. So hang in there and know that it's all for the best.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Sid,
Sorry to hear about the issues with your dealer. Fester makes a good point. Might be good to see if that can be done.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
My car is going to be completed April 4th.
Im struggling with two options, I still have a few weeks to change my build.

1. X51 Power kit. I will easily do minimum of 8-10 track days a year. The other reason I have been looking into the kit, besides the obvious power increase is that I was set on getting the Akra exhaust, but at $9400 plus install for just the exhaust, it makes the Powerkit look like a bargain, LOL.

2. PDK. I have ordered the car with a manual. I really do enjoy using a manual car, its very involved. The PDK at the track is king, no argument there, but my real worry is that I will get bored of the PDK for my daily commute. I have driven BMW DCT equipped cars a lot, and after a while on the road, it does get a little "uninvolved" for my taste, but was amazing at the track. Im also on the fence about the auto rev matching feature, I like to do my heel and toe. For me its not about just being fast, its about being involved and being quick when I need to be. A manual car does not bother me in traffic either, so I took that into consideration since I drive 20 000KM a year.

But I have to admit, seeing and reading reviews always makes me second guess my choice to go with 7 speed manual or the PDK.

Oh, and Im really digging the glass sunroof lately.
Thanks.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I have driven the PDK on the rental Porsche's in Germany on 3 occasions. If you like shifting then shift it's that easy.

I ordered both the X51 (Powerkit) with PDK as often I get stuck in traffic and if you want (or have to because of traffic congestion) drive the car like your father's chevy (ford, dodge or whatever) you can very easily. Then when you want performance you've got it.

My car was built on the 18th (ordered Oct 1) and I'm anxiously waiting for word on what ship it will be on. Hoping to have that in next couple of days.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!