The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Been way too long! But....

Hey guys! Man I've been out of this thread for a bit, took me an hour to catch up on all the skinny dipping reading I had to do .

Fester- what a sick and crazy ride, with the pic of the garage lights...I thought I'd died and gone to a better place! Hubba hubba!!! Your impressions of the car were the same since I last went to the dealer to try out the C4s.

Now the benefit of living in Texas is that it was a warm sunny day here, the highway was clear and I was with my wife test driving for an hour!!!

So here goes...

1) I could definitely notice a slight difference in weight compared to the C2s I drove a month back. I'm not saying its huge, but it's not negligible either.

2) c4s is PLANTED to the ground, and completely unwavering around turns...now mind you I did not have a PDCC car to test out, this was sheer 4-wheel drive. Festers remark about not even having to brake around a turn...well dead on...I tried it on a U-turn....just AMAZING. forget body roll, seats hug you in tight (14-way) and the grip is sensational.

3) burmeister is truly for audiophiles, music to my ears... I stuck with Bose, I can't seem to keep the music on long enough to enjoy it because all I want to hear is the damn PSE .

4) the acceleration seems unnatural (and in a good way). Just seems to be pulling and pushing all at once, especially during rolling pull-aways...vs that on the c2s more pushing you out. Both are sensational...but just a bit different.

5) steering is insanely responsive, I had to be careful...it's like the car reads my mind, even with the slightest vision change of where you want to go..your there.

6) cabin is extraordinary, very little road noise and its a CHAMP on un even surfaces or potholes at high and low speeds.

I really hope that puts some perspective out there...it's by no means from an engineering standpoint, just the "driving sense".

Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Big news!....

So originally I was a basalt black metallic c4s nut....

We go for a test drive in a guards red c4s....and in the last three months, I have NEVER seen my wife so excited about this car...and on right next to it...so I combined the two...and now I've changed my build to this...

Sorry Sid....

Guards Red + Aerokit Cup package C4s...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1374
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	202767  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Sorry cannot attach multiple

Views:	1207
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	202768  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Pulled this from a fellow 991 thread off rennlist...mind you, I'd never seen a guards red in person prior to this test drive...it won me over

Views:	1848
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	202771  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
If you guys are interested took detailed pics of the aerokit cup pkg...just let me know and I'll post them for you!!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kenshin
So originally I was a basalt black metallic c4s nut....

We go for a test drive in a guards red c4s....and in the last three months, I have NEVER seen my wife so excited about this car...and on right next to it...so I combined the two...and now I've changed my build to this...

Sorry Sid....

Guards Red + Aerokit Cup package C4s...
LOL no worries , variety is the spice of life"!

Actually it was a really tough choice between the basalt black and guards red... the red looks particularly good amongst traffic, man does it stand out!
However perhaps it attracts just a bit too much attention for me, so I stuck with the black but dam that last shot of the Guards Red + Aerokit Cup package C2S... wowwwww!

Here they are in full size fellas.

BTW great review!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-28-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kenshin
Fester- what a sick and crazy ride, with the pic of the garage lights...I thought I'd died and gone to a better place! Hubba hubba!!! Your impressions of the car were the same since I last went to the dealer to try
Thanks Kenshin. Here're few pics (taken from iphone5 camera..somewhat crappy) I just took a hour or so ago (the night ones). The last pic was taken during the trip on the highway 1/carmel area over the weekend

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1273
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	202800   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	3905
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	202801   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	202802   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3.jpg
Views:	1284
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	202803  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:10 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Thanks Kenshin. Here're few pics (taken from iphone5 camera..somewhat crappy) I just took a hour or so ago (the night ones). The last pic was taken during the trip on the highway 1/carmel area over the weekend

Fester your car is looking really good!
Aren't those rear lights + strip magical!
Last week I dropped by my dealer quickly and saw a few C4S's downstairs... man oh man does it ever look good in real life!
Those damn light are almost holographic... I react to them like a lava lamp just kinda puts me in trance.

How that painted sport pasm lip working out, any damage?
Also how many miles have you put on thus fare... sorry lots of questions.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Guards red C4s lightstrip

DBYT- thanks for the pic a while back on the wheels...to tell you the truth, that was my only justification to my wife for want to change to the c-classics... And I did!!

Fester- night shots of these cars are incredible....but now you just have me drooling...

One of my concerns with guards red (since switching and still is the visibility of the light strip. So I took one at the dealership in ok lighting...I'm sure anyone else out there thinking the same might be looking for a pic...so here it is!

Views:	117
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	202804  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
How that painted sport pasm lip working out, any damage?
Also how many miles have you put on thus fare... sorry lots of questions.
I have put about 450 miles so far and counting

Regarding Sport Pasm lip...that was one single thing I was worried about the most, but I'm happy to report that it has held up pretty well. I think the stiffer suspension is really helping it NOT to bump - I have been VERY careful over speed bumps, steep/short ramps and drive ways etc. So far in total I have it scrape may be 2 times- nothing that's visible. When I feel it with my hand under lower edge I can feel some roughness on the area it scraped. Net: It has exceeded my expectations and holding up pretty well!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 AM
I have put about 450 miles so far and counting

Regarding Sport Pasm lip...that was one single thing I was worried about the most, but I'm happy to report that it has held up pretty well. I think the stiffer suspension is really helping it NOT to bump - I have been VERY careful over speed bumps, steep/short ramps and drive ways etc. So far in total I have it scrape may be 2 times- nothing that's visible. When I feel it with my hand under lower edge I can feel some roughness on the area it scraped. Net: It has exceeded my expectations and holding up pretty well!
LOL if you keep going like this you'll beat that 2000K mark in 4 days !
Good to hear about the lip, I was kinda thinking the same thing (that most of the damage would stay out of sight).
The only thing I would do is protect things with Xpell film (lip, bumper, hood, fenders and in front of the rear wheels).
You planing on doing something like that?

Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
The only thing I would do is protect things with Xpell film (lip, bumper, hood, fenders and in front of the rear wheels).
You planing on doing something like that?
Yes, totally. Already paid for it when I bought the car-waiting for the confirmation on time schedule. I asked for Xpel Ultimate installation on the following areas (wrap around edges if possible):

1. full hood
2. full front quarter panels
3. front bumper - custom 1 piece application with film tucked wherever possible
4. lights
5. mirrors
6. rocker panels - remove the factory pieces and apply a piece that extends from the rear flares to through the entire rocker panels stopping right behind the front tires
7. rear inner wheel arches (2 strips behind rear tires)

One bummer is I've been told by the installer (one of the best reputed in N.CA) that they no longer use Xpel due to adhesion strength of the film and recommend Prestige ClearGuardX instead. I've been leaving messages with dealership to confirm which film is it going to be as I want this particular installer...with no update yet-- I've gotta get this soon, very soon indeed!!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Yes, totally. Already paid for it when I bought the car-waiting for the confirmation on time schedule. I asked for Xpel Ultimate installation on the following areas (wrap around edges if possible):

1. full hood
2. full front quarter panels
3. front bumper - custom 1 piece application with film tucked wherever possible
4. lights
5. mirrors
6. rocker panels - remove the factory pieces and apply a piece that extends from the rear flares to through the entire rocker panels stopping right behind the front tires
7. rear inner wheel arches (2 strips behind rear tires)

One bummer is I've been told by the installer (one of the best reputed in N.CA) that they no longer use Xpel due to adhesion strength of the film and recommend Prestige ClearGuardX instead. I've been leaving messages with dealership to confirm which film is it going to be as I want this particular installer...with no update yet-- I've gotta get this soon, very soon indeed!!
That's exactly what I did on my last C4S and am planning to do the same this time.
The reason why I'm doing the entire rocker panel all the way to front is because I plan painting the side skirts as well and of course cover those too (did the same last time and worked awesome, no sandblasting of the paint!).
Have considered doing that (painting the side skirts)?
Oh BTW get your lip done too, it'll still scrape at the bottom but at least it stay looking good for the rest...

Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Oh BTW get your lip done too, it'll still scrape at the bottom but at least it stay looking good for the rest...
Good idea. Let me bounce by the guys on this. Hope to get this thing done soon- it a HUGE peace of mind!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
ok guys...thanks for all the comments...here're few...

Finally, What a beauty Fester !! CONGRATS, just looks awesome

Wish you all the best from Switzerland

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!