The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
What a great insight into the factory! Very nice indeed. It's a news to be about engine and kinda makes sense now as the time I took delivery it had 5 miles on it and i heard electronic motor sound at lower speeds. I immediately drove the car back and was told that its break pump settling down along with many other parts as engine is brand new - 400 miles later, it's gone!!
Oh that's a good little tidbit to know... saves me doing a U-turn and heading back to the dealer!
Has the sound indeed subsided?

Awesome!! I'm happy for ya...!!
Pfewwww me too!!
Thanks buddy!!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
What a long, strange thread this has been! Sid and friends, nice job! Great fun. And soon we get pictures of yours and first impressions.

Got to see one live in Helsinki 2 weeks ago. Dove by before I could get a picture. A GT silver coupe. Looked awesome against the snow! It does have a nice caboose Sid - you are going to love it.
You didn't read the WHOLE thing, did you?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Came across this shot... I think this rear end is just magical... uhhhh... well you guys know what I mean!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 01-31-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:33 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Sid,
Glad to hear that your dealer was able to resolve the issue with you. Any news on your car yet? Is it on a ship yet?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by psycho sid
came across this shot... I think this rear end is just magical... Uhhhh... Well you guys know what i mean!

nice!!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
Sid,
Glad to hear that your dealer was able to resolve the issue with you. Any news on your car yet? Is it on a ship yet?
So far you've been the primary source of good info and my dealer is playing catch-up hehehe.
Soooo for now it's just a waiting game... the ship I'm suppose to be on (by deduction) is leaving on Feb 6th arriving at the port of Halifax on the 15th and then it's all up in the air again depending how long customs takes...
One thing is for sure ones it does clear customs the transport is going to be waiting there with bells on, I'll make damn sure of that!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime
I drove down to Momentum last weekend and looked at this car with my wife. It's very close to how I might submit my order; very nice car. I am still sitting on the fence over GR or the GTS. Night pics like Fester's swing me back to the GTS every time. I think that would look like the bees knees with some satin black wheels.

Regarding the clear bra, I can tell you that I had two Expel Ultimates on my E92 M3, and eventually switched to Ventureshield. The guy who did the final install does the work for the Aston dealership in town (About 20 minutes NE of where the Momentum dealership is.) Not cheap, but he knows what he's about. I was very happy with his work. The only think I can think of with the lights is that they are worried about some sort of film reaction after prolonged exposure, or perhaps distortion of the beam.

-think you can PM me the contact info? And any specific reasons as to why the Ventureshield and not Xpel? I'd appreciate it! Thank you!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
I don't know which one is good. Each has its own story. At this point, I'll take either one given the installer is the best. I'm just not getting it confirmed by the dealership-don't know why the heck it's taking this long! When are you scheduled for installation?
Oh man...I probably won't take delivery till May......got some extras on my car which is costing me weeks in push-back....so I've become Zen with it...(I say this as nails are being applied on a chalk board in my head).

But you living the dream is pretty awesome to watch

Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 PM
I don't know which one is good. Each has its own story. At this point, I'll take either one given the installer is the best. I'm just not getting it confirmed by the dealership-don't know why the heck it's taking this long! When are you scheduled for installation?
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Oh my... So much right with this car.
CRAZY right?? Well I have an insane twist...I've picked the pebble grey-agate grey two-tone for the inside with porsche crest embossing. It's a HUGE gamble...but looking at it 3D...I feel the light int. softens the red a bit and you get to appreciate both vibrantly...

Do you or anyone else have thoughts on this?

It's a huge toss up between this and going straight black....

Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
So far you've been the primary source of good info and my dealer is playing catch-up hehehe.
Soooo for now it's just a waiting game... the ship I'm suppose to be on (by deduction) is leaving on Feb 6th arriving at the port of Halifax on the 15th and then it's all up in the air again depending how long customs takes...
One thing is for sure ones it does clear customs the transport is going to be waiting there with bells on, I'll make damn sure of that!
TOMORROWS FEBRUARY 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid your car is going to be all worth it...all the troubles...all of the stresses in-between... Life is a journey not a destination right? And nobody is going to think your crazy if you start talking to the car about everything that went on here on this forum while you waited and persevered through it all!

February- the month of love, no? ::cool French accent::

Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Kenshin
TOMORROWS FEBRUARY 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid your car is going to be all worth it...all the troubles...all of the stresses in-between... Life is a journey not a destination right? And nobody is going to think your crazy if you start talking to the car about everything that went on here on this forum while you waited and persevered through it all!

February- the month of love, no? ::cool French accent::
Yep just 5 more days until my baby is on the boat... dancing girls are warming up!
It's coming, it's coming...it's coming, it's coming...just 5 more day...it's coming, it's coming...!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Sid, we don't have any input effect on when the truck picks up the cars in Halifax. They load multiple cars (I've seen as few as 3 and as many as 6) on both open and closed trucks dropping cars at the dealer in Vancouver. They pick up a load and drop them across the country. I'm hoping/praying for a closed truck as I did see one load (3 cars) brought in on an open flat deck. True they had more than normal foam protection but for a 3400 mile trip (or whatever it is to Vancouver) I would hope for enclosed especially at this time of year.

My dealer is going to check again this morning and call me. He's been great with the follow up. However, there won't be anything until car is loaded and ship has left as the system is a couple of days behind.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Sid, we don't have any input effect on when the truck picks up the cars in Halifax. They load multiple cars (I've seen as few as 3 and as many as 6) on both open and closed trucks dropping cars at the dealer in Vancouver. They pick up a load and drop them across the country. I'm hoping/praying for a closed truck as I did see one load (3 cars) brought in on an open flat deck. True they had more than normal foam protection but for a 3400 mile trip (or whatever it is to Vancouver) I would hope for enclosed especially at this time of year.

My dealer is going to check again this morning and call me. He's been great with the follow up. However, there won't be anything until car is loaded and ship has left as the system is a couple of days behind.

John in Vancouver
I know in California they have enclosed containers. My guess will be the same for Canada....

Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Oh that's a good little tidbit to know... saves me doing a U-turn and heading back to the dealer!
Has the sound indeed subsided?
!!
Yep, it's all gone!! The car is perfect now!!! What a joy this machine is!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Yep just 5 more days until my baby is on the boat... dancing girls are warming up!
It's coming, it's coming...it's coming, it's coming...just 5 more day...it's coming, it's coming...!

Damn I miss my single days sometimes!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!