The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
ha. I think I will be ok.

You can count on lots of photos.

Seems like every time I wash the car since I got it it snows or rains the next day. Maybe I should start looking at the weather reports more closely :-p It's killing my photo efforts.

Last edited by brianja; 02-04-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brianja
Just popping my head back into the sandbox here to say "hi"!

Fester - Congrats!!!! She is gorgeous. All of that time spent tweaking your build has really paid off. I hadn't liked the painted lip and mirror bases in other photos, but your car has me sold on them. Just awesome! I think it's a really good look on the GT silver.

Sid - I'm sorry to hear that you had some rockiness with your dealer, but I am glad the road is smooth again for you. I can't believe it's built! I think you are for certain going to be one of the first C4S cabs in north america... hopefully you will get some warm days when it arrives to drop that top!

I'm not sure about the spoiler options you've posted. I definitely prefer the Techart to the Caractere (which I do not like at all - at least in those photos). I'm sure there will be more options coming out soon... hopefully by the time that you can get your hands on that GT3 bumper.

As for my car... I'm still loving every minute we get to spend together. Had her out in the snow a bit on Saturday night and the AWD + Michelin Alpins were very stable and safe feeling.

Burmester and PSE are both amazing and were worth every penny. If I had to order again they would be the first boxes checked. This car is a feast for the ears whether you are are highway cruising or really pushing it. These two work perfectly together to support the split personality of the 991.

The car pulls hard. Harder than I expected, really. I was a little worried that it would feel underpowered (my last car was an RS4 at 420HP), but being about 600lbs lighter makes a big difference (obviously).

I can't really comment much on handling, as the car is on winter tires and I haven't gotten out of the city much to drive it hard, but around town the standard PASM suspension seems to be a great fit. I had wanted to order SPASM, but my salesman talked me out of it, knowing that I am stuck doing 80%+ of my driving in NYC. As much as I hate to admit it, I think he was probably right. Around town I wouldn't want it any firmer than the PASM in the stiffer setting.

While I am not planning any major modifications on this car, I've already had my hand forced and the first mod has been ordered. It's a sickness most of us are infected with.

I run winter and summer tires here in the northeast and on my previous car I had two sets of OEM wheels so that I simply swapped wheels rather than re-mounting/balancing tires twice a year. Once the 991 came in and I was happy with the the platinum wheels with the overall look of the car I got pricing for another set of them for the summer. WOW! Welcome to the world of Porsche parts! Quotes were from $6300 - $9200! So after some research I wound up going with a forged, aftermarket option for a fair amount less money. I can't wait to see the results. I'm keeping what I picked a secret for now, but I am hoping to have them by the end of March (just in time for the warm weather and spring photos).
Nice to hear that all is going well with your beauty. I would be interest to understand which wheels you ended up with. I am concerned about price but more the rationale for the choice from a quality perspective.

Look forward to some more pics, as I am in the wait period for mine...

Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
ha. I think I will be ok.

You can count on lots of photos.

Seems like every time I wash the car since I got it it snows or rains the next day. Maybe I should start looking at the weather reports more closely :-p It's killing my photo efforts.
That sounds great brianja! I had the same feeling jumping between c2s and c4s...much more pull than push...but never out of control! Thanks for your feedback...really good to hear the drivers impressions!!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Insane exhaust

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_fuT00MkVIw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_fuT00MkVIw

Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Check out the kick-a$$ photo-shoot that MDC did for me over the weekend..

images posted at https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=71849

Here're some lousy shots (not at above link) from me earlier that day too...will post more some time later...

Attached Images      
Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Just popping my head back into the sandbox here to say "hi"!

Sid - I'm sorry to hear that you had some rockiness with your dealer, but I am glad the road is smooth again for you. I can't believe it's built! I think you are for certain going to be one of the first C4S cabs in north america... hopefully you will get some warm days when it arrives to drop that top!

I'm not sure about the spoiler options you've posted. I definitely prefer the Techart to the Caractere (which I do not like at all - at least in those photos). I'm sure there will be more options coming out soon... hopefully by the time that you can get your hands on that GT3 bumper.

As for my car... I'm still loving every minute we get to spend together. Had her out in the snow a bit on Saturday night and the AWD + Michelin Alpins were very stable and safe feeling.

The car pulls hard. Harder than I expected, really. I was a little worried that it would feel underpowered (my last car was an RS4 at 420HP), but being about 600lbs lighter makes a big difference (obviously).

So after some research I wound up going with a forged, aftermarket option for a fair amount less money. I can't wait to see the results. I'm keeping what I picked a secret for now, but I am hoping to have them by the end of March (just in time for the warm weather and spring photos).
Hey Brian!!!

LOL your ears must have been burning hehehe!
You now officially have a verb named after you...Doing a Brainja<=>taking off to enjoy ones car after delivery... only stopping for gas!
Man am I looking forward to that day!!!!
How was your holiday?

I'm happy too all worked out with my dealer... close call to be sure.
Thanks for the review, just want to clarify something though... when you say "the car pulls harder than you expected" are you're talking about the power it has vs the RS4 (like I think) or are you referring to the awd drive system "pulling" you through a curve by favoring the front wheel drive (like Kenshin seems to think)?

I'm looking forward to seeing what wheels you chose... as clearly many others are, you damn tease!
Come on, spill the beans!!!

Thanks!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Sid, this one is for you my man!!

Get the CC on while on YouTube ..this guy is funny!!
Thanks Fester!
I can actually understand what he's saying.

But I'm having a hard time focusing on that because there's pics that keep calling me... woww that is a seriously nice ride buddy!!
OH and what about that avatar!!
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Oh and nice damn photo-shoot you did with MDC!
Holy smoly!!!! MDC those shots are awesome.... I am now officially considering moving to the Bay area!!!

When did you guys meet up and do the shoot...how did it go...did he get arrested for hanging out the window of a 991 while doing 100mph while focusing, framing and holding on be his toes!

I will refrain from posting those shots here as well... but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to restrain myself..
That said both his and yours (shots!) have their own appeal and although your's are a totally different type it does show the colors and details very, very nicely... man every time you post up I see new elements.
What a stunner!

what's the odometer at right now, you getting close to the 2000 mark?

Cheers!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by Kenshin
That sounds great brianja! I had the same feeling jumping between c2s and c4s...much more pull than push...but never out of control! Thanks for your feedback...really good to hear the drivers impressions!!

Re Brianja's comment on "how hard the C4S pulls" I think he's referring to the power compared to his previous ride.
I know that people used to refer to the older generations C4S "pulling" through a curve as apposed to "pushing with the C2S but those days are long gone with this new generation.

For all intent and purpose the 991 C4S has been set up to be 100% rear wheel drive except for when it feels the rear wheels starting to loose transaction (mainly when wet, slippery or when driving(pushing) the car hard, very hard ).

On normal/spirited driving the front wheel drive engagement should be minimal... if not zero.

BTW thanks for taking the time to post up the video!
I seem to have a problem getting any playback on it though, could you post it again, I'm very curious...

Cheers!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Hey Brian!!!

LOL your ears must have been burning hehehe!
You now officially have a verb named after you...Doing a Brainja<=>taking off to enjoy ones car after delivery... only stopping for gas!
Man am I looking forward to that day!!!!
How was your holiday?

I'm happy too all worked out with my dealer... close call to be sure.
Thanks for the review, just want to clarify something though... when you say "the car pulls harder than you expected" are you're talking about the power it has vs the RS4 (like I think) or are you referring to the awd drive system "pulling" you through a curve by favoring the front wheel drive (like Kenshin seems to think)?

I'm looking forward to seeing what wheels you chose... as clearly many others are, you damn tease!
Come on, spill the beans!!!

Thanks!
Re Brianja's comment on "how hard the C4S pulls" I think he's referring to the power compared to his previous ride.
I know that people used to refer to the older generations C4S "pulling" through a curve as apposed to "pushing with the C2S but those days are long gone with this new generation.

For all intent and purpose the 991 C4S has been set up to be 100% rear wheel drive except for when it feels the rear wheels starting to loose transaction (mainly when wet, slippery or when driving(pushing) the car hard, very hard ).

On normal/spirited driving the front wheel drive engagement should be minimal... if not zero.

BTW thanks for taking the time to post up the video!
I seem to have a problem getting any playback on it though, could you post it again, I'm very curious...

Cheers!

haha. "doing a brianja"...I like it! Truth is that I've been busy with work and stuff. I've been doing my best to keep up with reading on here, but posting is a more time consuming matter. :-p

Vacation was good. My whole family goes down to Anguilla every January for a week. With my sisters spread throughout the northeast its one of the only chances that we get to all be together for an extended period of time.

Old photo:

Was definitely talking about power when referring to the car "pulling hard", you are correct.

The C4S definitely feels more RWD biased than the RS4 was. It's not terribly hard to get the rear end to step out on this if you are not very subtle with the throttle (especially in the wet).

Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
haha. "doing a brianja"...I like it! Truth is that I've been busy with work and stuff. I've been doing my best to keep up with reading on here, but posting is a more time consuming matter. :-p

Vacation was good. My whole family goes down to Anguilla every January for a week. With my sisters spread throughout the northeast its one of the only chances that we get to all be together for an extended period of time.

Was definitely talking about power when referring to the car "pulling hard", you are correct.

The C4S definitely feels more RWD biased than the RS4 was. It's not terribly hard to get the rear end to step out on this if you are not very subtle with the throttle (especially in the wet).
Woww that does look stunning... I'm not suppose to fly for the next few months so I may just have to swim for it!!
Gorgeous!

Re C4S I'm happy to hear you confirm that it's still a tail happy when you want it to be.
One of the guys at the dealer was telling me that it's just as playful as the C2S but instead of the nannies kicking in (to stop an impending slide of the road) the front drive "rolls on" and provides just enough traction assistance to pull you out of trouble, so no sudden throttle cut-off etc.
He also said that if you want to have some side-ways fun to really put your foot down trough the curves, the ECU will recognize by the "over the top" throttle input that you want to "play" and (depending on the speed) it's setting will allow you to do just that!

I CAN'T WAIT!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 02-05-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Thanks Fester!

Oh and nice damn photo-shoot you did with MDC!
Holy smoly!!!! MDC those shots are awesome.... I am now officially considering moving to the Bay area!!!

When did you guys meet up and do the shoot...how did it go...did he get arrested for hanging out the window of a 991 while doing 100mph while focusing, framing and holding on be his toes!

I will refrain from posting those shots here as well... but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to restrain myself..
That said both his and yours (shots!) have their own appeal and although your's are a totally different type it does show the colors and details very, very nicely... man every time you post up I see new elements.
What a stunner!

what's the odometer at right now, you getting close to the 2000 mark?

Cheers!
Yes, it turned out so great..isn't it...It wowed me too ! Now we shall do some additional shots with both C2S and C4S side by side after I return from my overseas travel - mine will also be wrapped in clear bra...appointment is set for beginning march..!

MDC's got a skill...pretty cool to watch him hanging camera out of his 458... ... we kept on watching out for cops on the highway...for some reason there were plenty on Sunday morning - the weather turned out to be gorgeous towards the end of the shoot..slightly warm and clear! Couldn't be more perfect

I posted few more shots in the thread at different angles and lighting conditions...check it out...

oh the odometer is close to 600 miles now... have been swamped at work so not too much driving around get home-work-home which is less than 10 min away..had to stay awake until 1am last night to post the amazing shots...

Last edited by Fester; 02-06-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: odometer reading...
Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 AM
My whole family goes down to Anguilla every January for a week. With my sisters spread throughout the northeast its one of the only chances that we get to all be together for an extended period of time.

Old photo:

Wow...amazing place...I will add it to my bucket list !!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by Fester
Yes, it turned out so great..isn't it...It wowed me too ! Now we shall do some additional shots with both C2S and C4S side by side after I return from my overseas travel - mine will also be wrapped in clear bra...appointment is set for beginning march..!

MDC's got a skill...pretty cool to watch him hanging camera out of his 458... ... we kept on watching out for cops on the highway...for some reason there were plenty on Sunday morning - the weather turned out to be gorgeous towards the end of the shoot..slightly warm and clear! Couldn't be more perfect

I posted few more shots in the thread at different angles and lighting conditions...check it out...

oh the odometer is close to 600 miles now... have been swamped at work so not too much driving around get home-work-home which is less than 10 min away..had to stay awake until 1am last night to post the amazing shots...
Hehehehehe hanging from a 458 while shooting a 991... oh yeah... real stealthy!!!

Damn I would have like to have seen the shots of you guys shooting...
In my mind I see the 991 and the 458, MDC hanging out the window while a Bentley GTC is right beside you guys with a few hotties flashing you...
Now that's shot!

Damn let me get the "talent" (which actually has just happens to own GTC) and I'm on my way!
As long as everyone signs release forms because tickets are impending!!

Yep boys and their toys, if ya can't enjoy these types of things... what the hell is it all for!
Good stuff guys!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Hehehehehe hanging from a 458 while shooting a 991... oh yeah... real stealthy!!!

In my mind I see the 991 and the 458, MDC hanging out the window while a Bentley GTC is right beside you guys with a few hotties flashing you...
Now that's shot!
haha...I envisioned the whole description...like a scene from a Hollywood flick ... I like the way you think!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's shot!

Damn let me get the "talent" (which actually has just happens to own GTC) and I'm on my way!
As long as everyone signs release forms because tickets are impending!!

Yep boys and their toys, if ya can't enjoy these types of things... what the hell is it all for!
Good stuff guys!
, Yap, super stealth to take those pics from a 458, and in YELLOW!

Great way to wave down the police, and there were quite a few. We did monitor our speed. I wanted to get some low angle shots, so I decided we take it from the 458, piloted by my 23 years old daughter. We did switch to a Q5 later fro higher angle shots.

Hotties flashing? Forget about taking the pic, I want to be in that car instead. That would be one joy ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!