The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
No. 3

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
OK.... so my car is slotted to arrive at the port in 5 days and I'm going through some of the last options regarding custom work to do at the same time as the Porsche prep.

Originally I was planing to get a full red int but after sitting in one I decided that it was just a bit too much (especially in a cab under the full sun) soooo I went full black leather instead with the intention of adding red elements...

Which do you guys prefer.
All the ones with the black carpet would have Loyds mats with red piping and silver "PORSCHE" embossed.

These pics are of a GT silver coupe from a fellow 6speed member (thanks for the use!) but try to project the interior onto a black cab.

Thanks fellas!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
That'd be OK Sid. Dunno if I'd go much more than that. Probably lose the red carpet too. Black leather is hard to beat for wear and maintenance, especially in a cab. A red shirt and a pair of jeans will do the same thing....keep the change.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tachyon
No. 3
OK there really should be some sort of rule prohibiting guys like you showing up with avatars like that... makes me second guess about my choice of color every damn time I see it!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by speed21
That'd be OK Sid. Dunno if I'd go much more than that. Probably lose the red carpet too. Black leather is hard to beat for wear and maintenance, especially in a cab. A red shirt and a pair of jeans will do the same thing....keep the change.
LOL I could just load the car with some strippers and no one would notice what color the int. is!
Well that or go ride in it buck naked myself.

OK, OK so which one would you suggest...cause...ehmmm... ya didn't say.
Cheers!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
No 4 but with black carpet.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !

LOL I could just load the car with some strippers and no one would notice what color the int. is!

OK, OK so which one would you suggest...cause...ehmmm... ya didn't say.
Cheers!
Hmmm....ok well Sid.....it'd' be a toss up between 2 and 3.. but leaning slightly toward three but maybe without the red glove-box lid....hard call.
I do like the sound of the strippers better of course but hmmm.. tough call buddy. They could make a mess out of the car....so maybe just stick with the trim...dam its making me indecisive. You shouldn't have mentioned the strippers as an option. Probably gonna sit on the fence for the moment. ....need to see the strippers in the car to make a fair judgment really. I mean if that's an option, but knowing you it probably is. Sooo... have you got a few photos. Then i'll let you know 100% which way to go.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
No 4 but with black carpet.
LOL I've actually got that...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	red simple plus.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	211419  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Kenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to allKenshin is a name known to all
Sid-

First off...congrats..the wait is ALMOST over

Second...I love the second ...moving the color to the door panels but just leaving it limited to pieces and parts draws away the attention to the center console line-up of red...

Just my opinion...have a feeling many other dudes will differ...so as always...go with your favorite!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
Hmmm....ok well Sid.....it'd' be a toss up between 2 and 3.. but leaning slightly toward three but maybe without the red glove-box lid....hard call.
I do like the sound of the strippers better of course but hmmm.. tough call buddy. They could make a mess out of the car....so maybe just stick with the trim...dam its making me indecisive. You shouldn't have mentioned the strippers as an option. Probably gonna sit on the fence for the moment. ....need to see the strippers in the car to make a fair judgment really. I mean if that's an option, but knowing you it probably is. Sooo... have you got a few photos. Then i'll let you know 100% which way to go.

Well OK then...
Here ya go!

OH wait...that's not a stripper!!!

Actually that's my bookkeeper... so I guess she not a stripper either.

But this one is!!!
Damn... good thing I got PDCC!
I'm getting dizzy just looking at that!
Guess my leather seat are going to get a nice buff job hehehe

Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kenshin
Sid-

First off...congrats..the wait is ALMOST over

Second...I love the second ...moving the color to the door panels but just leaving it limited to pieces and parts draws away the attention to the center console line-up of red...

Just my opinion...have a feeling many other dudes will differ...so as always...go with your favorite!
Thanks buddy!
Can't wait... but actually I just saw a vessel/port schedule posted and it said that my boat is now scheduled 2 days late...sigh...
Guess I'll have to be patient a bit longer.

Re, int, everyone who's posted seems to agree on "no red carpet"... that's actually a good thing because that's a hell of a job.

Cheers!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute

We all love to see pictures of 991 here, but please do not post pictures of you butt naked in yours. That might scarred me so bad that I have to sell mine.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
#3 looks balanced, hence my vote.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
#1 get my vote. I am not a fan of red carpet, that much texture in red just does not work for me. #1 remind me of a two tone SLS interior. You couldn't order it that way?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by mdc
We all love to see pictures of 991 here, but please do not post pictures of you butt naked in yours. That might scarred me so bad that I have to sell mine.

Hey don't knock it baby!
Actually...if I do that in a 458 would the same still apply?
I'll take it of your hands...ya know to help you out... least I can do!
Somethings can never be unseen so I'll spare you the agony.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fester
#3 looks balanced, hence my vote.
Thanks for coming out to play Fester.
I kinda figured you'd be living in your C4S!

Re int. it's a damn hard choice... they all have something, that said I'm happy I posted them because I was seriously considering the red carpet by just wasn't sure.
I was missing that gut feeling... now that's definitely of the table...erhhh... floor.

Originally Posted by mdc
#1 get my vote. I am not a fan of red carpet, that much texture in red just does not work for me. #1 remind me of a two tone SLS interior. You couldn't order it that way?
You're right it does kinda look like the SLS int.
That was actually a car I loved (roadster)... totally different thing than the 991 (actually the polar opposite) but man I got reallllllll close to buying that because I just couldn't take wait anymore... the only thing that stopped me was the fact that if you're over 6'2" you just don't fit... (I'm over 6'4").

Re 991 interior... you can change certain things but it delays the build date (can you hear me scream!?) and the selection was VERY limited, oh and they charge ridiculous $$$...
Now for most things I absolutely wanted I didn't look at the price to much (just too damn upsetting) but with the custom leather stuff it really started to feel like Porsche thought I was an idiot and could be being taken advantage off...
Also it didn't matter whether you started out with red and added black or vise-versa, with costs to the effect of $1500,- for door handles, $1700,- for center tunnel etc. etc. I said... enough!

Now I'm having it custom done and it will still cost me $$$ but at least it's my choice not to pay the extortion prices of Porsche...now I'm paying it to a custom shop instead!

Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 PM
mdc

Hey don't knock it baby!
Actually...if I do that in a 458 would the same still apply?
I'll take it of your hands...ya know to help you out... least I can do!
Somethings can never be unseen so I'll spare you the agony.
I will have to try therapy and meds to recover from that mental picture and hold on to the 458. It has 5k miles in 9 months, in F-car world, that is very high miles, a concept I never understood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!