The new 991 C4S!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

You're right it does kinda look like the SLS int.
That was actually a car I loved (roadster)... totally different thing than the 991 (actually the polar opposite) but man I got reallllllll close to buying that because I just couldn't take wait anymore... the only thing that stopped me was the fact that if you're over 6'2" you just don't fit... (I'm over 6'4").

Re 991 interior... you can change certain things but it delays the build date (can you hear me scream!?) and the selection was VERY limited, oh and they charge ridiculous $$$...
Now for most things I absolutely wanted I didn't look at the price to much (just too damn upsetting) but with the custom leather stuff it really started to feel like Porsche thought I was an idiot and could be being taken advantage off...
Also it didn't matter whether you started out with red and added black or vise-versa, with costs to the effect of $1500,- for door handles, $1700,- for center tunnel etc. etc. I said... enough!

Now I'm having it custom done and it will still cost me $$$ but at least it's my choice not to pay the extortion prices of Porsche...now I'm paying it to a custom shop instead!

Call me crazy, if I have to choose between a 4S and an SLS, I will take the 4s. I love the gull-wing doors, but just not warming up to the super long hood. but the drive is pretty good, sound excellent too. Tat said, 4s just feels right to me. wait, I don't have one

Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
Call me crazy, if I have to choose between a 4S and an SLS, I will take the 4s. I love the gull-wing doors, but just not warming up to the super long hood. but the drive is pretty good, sound excellent too. Tat said, 4s just feels right to me. wait, I don't have one
Neither do I... and if I don't get it soon.....

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by psycho sid
neither do i... And if i don't get it soon.....

:d:d:d
nurse !

Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
nurse !

Always a pleasure my friend!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:45 AM
mdc

Always a pleasure my friend!
same here. People on the same meds hang together

Old 02-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Well OK then...
Here ya go!

OH wait...that's not a stripper!!!

Actually that's my bookkeeper... so I guess she not a stripper either.

But this one is!!!
Damn... good thing I got PDCC!
I'm getting dizzy just looking at that!
Guess my leather seat are going to get a nice buff job hehehe
These are 3 suitable options! Sid you are a very bad man!....but I must concede option 2 would work very well (omg) as could #3 but.. you have a point with the leather buffing! I'd say the 991 boys are in for a photo treat once that car arrives. Where are the meds!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:20 AM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Sid,
Option 2 looks the best in my opinion. That applies to both of your option 2s!

Also, have you considered this? Much nicer look and feel compared to the factory wheel:

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2013, 06:42 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DBYT
Sid,

Also, have you considered this? Much nicer look and feel compared to the factory wheel:
I LOVE that steering wheel. Looks awesome!

Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Sid,

Yeah I really like the design of this steering wheel but... I'm not overly impressed with the finishing.
Too many metal edges protruding (and that's on pics selected to showcase how good it looks) nope, just not something my OCD can't get around.

Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Sid,

Oh nooooo!
I just put my foot in mouth (not an entirely pleasant prospect at size 13)... this happens with me.
I just realized you've got one of the above mentioned steering wheels... and it looks very good (as I've mentioned before) so my critique was in no way intended as dis towards yours!
Just an observation which has given me pause in ordering one at this point... is my back paddling working?

Sorry Darren!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM
ae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to beholdae911 is a splendid one to behold
OK.... so my car is slotted to arrive at the port in 5 days and I'm going through some of the last options regarding custom work to do at the same time as the Porsche prep.

Originally I was planing to get a full red int but after sitting in one I decided that it was just a bit too much (especially in a cab under the full sun) soooo I went full black leather instead with the intention of adding red elements...

Which do you guys prefer.
All the ones with the black carpet would have Loyds mats with red piping and silver "PORSCHE" embossed.

These pics are of a GT silver coupe from a fellow 6speed member (thanks for the use!) but try to project the interior onto a black cab.

Thanks fellas!

If I was going to go with an option, I would chose number 4 because I think that when you close the door and sit inside, its probably going to be the most balanced. I like the idea of the steering wheel that Darren loaded up and agree with your comments about the stitching but Alcantara steering wheel would be a nice touch. Wait a minute... that's what I am going to put on mine when it gets here

Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
mdc
Oh nooooo!
I just put my foot in mouth (not an entirely pleasant prospect at size 13)... this happens with me.
I just realized you've got one of the above mentioned steering wheels... and it looks very good (as I've mentioned before) so my critique was in no way intended as dis towards yours!
Just an observation which has given me pause in ordering one at this point... is my back paddling working?

Sorry Darren!
Nice going, Sid. Please forgive him, I forgot to remind him to take his meds. NURSE!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
Nice going, Sid. Please forgive him, I forgot to remind him to take his meds. NURSE!

Helpppppppp!

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2013, 04:59 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Oh nooooo!

Sorry Darren!
Hahahaha! No problems at all Sid! No offence taken.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Sid,
Just got my centre console back from ExclusiveOption.com.

They did a great job and their pricing was good.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The new 991 C4S!!