Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johtaja
Cheers!

Congrats on the order buddy! MT is truly the key to really be one with the car . I have size 13 kicks and I will definitely report back on my impressions once Iīve set sail sort of speak .
Awesome!

Old 03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Gorgeous.. Love those wheels.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
my order is very much like yours except mine is white/yachting blue with the manual. I am curious how the car will ride on the 20's. Mine doesn't arrive for another two weeks so I will definitely post my impressions as soon as I can but if you do get to drive before then please enlighten us

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! This is a very nice color combo! I love how they improved the rear from the 997. Its a real pain to wait now that you have seen the car...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Are your wheels painted platinum gray or or they just the stock carrera S wheels?

Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tromero
my order is very much like yours except mine is white/yachting blue with the manual. I am curious how the car will ride on the 20's. Mine doesn't arrive for another two weeks so I will definitely post my impressions as soon as I can but if you do get to drive before then please enlighten us
Congrats on the order! Sounds tasty. Iīm pretty sure you will be the first, so let me know how they are if you do drive before me!

Originally Posted by kip
Congrats! This is a very nice color combo! I love how they improved the rear from the 997. Its a real pain to wait now that you have seen the car...
Thanks buddy - I could not agree more! Youīre right, the next few weeks will be tough .

Originally Posted by fixedupw203
Are your wheels painted platinum gray or or they just the stock carrera S wheels?
They are just the Carrera S wheels .

Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
They are just the Carrera S wheels .
Awesome! Same wheels I ordered and they look great!

Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear your impression of the base (in the 60s we used to call it the normal).

ChuckJ

Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
As I was admiring those nice wheels, I noticed that one side has a colored crest center cap while the other doesn't?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drspeed
As I was admiring those nice wheels, I noticed that one side has a colored crest center cap while the other doesn't?
Sharp eyes. Tell them to fix it asap! Personally I like the non color ones more.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drspeed

great catch

Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
I noticed the colored crest center cap once I uploaded the photos, I knew someone would point it out . I will definitely address this issue!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Cheers!

Congrats on the order buddy! MT is truly the key to really be one with the car . I have size 13 kicks and I will definitely report back on my impressions once Iīve set sail sort of speak .
Phffff found it!
Just wanted to give this thread a bump to the top... don't want to loose it.
You have any idea when you'll be actually taking it for a spin?

Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Thanks Sid Plates are going on in about two weeks, so hopefully before the end of the month!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 AM

I took delivery of the Carrera yesterday, ahead of schedule.

Where to begin..

The dealer fixed the problem of having one colored crest wheel cap and replaced it with a normal b&w wheel cap. He was nice enough to give me the colored one for free . Apparently the mix up came from the factory not the dealer.

When I left the dealer, it was sunny and around +4 Celsius, but as soon as I got on the highway - a snow storm came ouf nowhere. It was coming down hard, but even with 295 summer tires in the back, the car felt super stable on the wet snowy road and I was very comfortable in the cabin throughout the drive. The car survived the storm like a champ.

I could go on for hours about how epic the manual transmission is, honestly. With "Sport" mode on, throttle response was superb, the shifts were precise (the short throw gearshift IS perfect). As for the clutch, it was far better than I expected, super friendly to use - but also very responsive, engages early on, just the way I like it. Legroom is phenomenal, I played with all of the pedals with my US13 shoes and nothing clipped, so all you big foots out there - no need to worry! I sat in high traffic for a bit and I did not get annoyed about being in a manual at all - the sound of playing with the clutch and throttle is far more entertaining than sitting on the brake pedal in a PDK . The stock exhaust system is good, so good. Especially when you run trough all the gears, each unlocking different exhaust notes. So entertaining, connecting and rewarding to drive. I could not be happier. I really felt every single one of those 350 horses.

I will try to get pictures today, but I might be too busy enjoying it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)