Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:24 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
Great write up. Mine won't be here until next month. Talk about the 20 inch wheels and the ride over both smooth and bumpy roads.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Congrats on the car. Great to hear that the MT works well - I look forward to trying one.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Oh man I'm so exited for you it's almost like I'm the one who's taking delivery!!!
Thanks for giving us a heads-up as the first one here on 6speed who's driven a MT!
I feel muuuuuuuuch better now.

Congrats again and be careful with those summer tires in the snow!
Because frankly I'm amazed that you got home OK... on my current C4S the car is all over the place with summer tires in snow.

That said... ENJOY!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:45 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Glad to hear you got the car early and "survived". From reports and your experience the 991 seemsmore stable than the 997. Crash it, and you would have been on the news here. Remember the Martini Racing Team GT2 crash last year on Hämeenlinnanväylä about this same time? It was rain, sun and snow all at once yesterday. Heroic to go with summer tires and a new car Enjoy the run in! Lets hope summer is here soon. I am tired of the "soft" winter tires.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Gotta say i bet that manual is a dream. Enjoy, she looks truly spectacular!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the update. I just can imagine putting that beast thru it paces. Al the best for some good weather and lots of updates.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tromero
Great write up. Mine won't be here until next month. Talk about the 20 inch wheels and the ride over both smooth and bumpy roads.
Thanks, the 20īs rode so well that I do not recall any discomfort. You should be fine, especially in South-Florida.

Originally Posted by Manifold
Congrats on the car. Great to hear that the MT works well - I look forward to trying one.
Thanks, youīll love it!

Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Oh man I'm so exited for you it's almost like I'm the one who's taking delivery!!!
Thanks for giving us a heads-up as the first one here on 6speed who's driven a MT!
I feel muuuuuuuuch better now.

Congrats again and be careful with those summer tires in the snow!
Because frankly I'm amazed that you got home OK... on my current C4S the car is all over the place with summer tires in snow.

That said... ENJOY!
Haha It was truly my pleasure . The roads are OK now, its the smaller roads in my town that are still sketchy. I was OK because there was no snow "build up" - the snow melted on the road almost as soon as it came down.
Thanks man I sure will!

Originally Posted by kip
Glad to hear you got the car early and "survived". From reports and your experience the 991 seemsmore stable than the 997. Crash it, and you would have been on the news here. Remember the Martini Racing Team GT2 crash last year on Hämeenlinnanväylä about this same time? It was rain, sun and snow all at once yesterday. Heroic to go with summer tires and a new car Enjoy the run in! Lets hope summer is here soon. I am tired of the "soft" winter tires.

Thanks again, it sure feels much more stable than the outgoing model. I do remember the GT2 - what a shame, I heard he ordered another GT2 after the crash? Thanks again - it was definitely one for the books! I will enjoy the car to the fullest for sure. I canīt wait to rip it on the dry roads. I hear you!

Originally Posted by speed21
Gotta say i bet that manual is a dream. Enjoy, she looks truly spectacular!
You could not be more right. Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Thanks for the update. I just can imagine putting that beast thru it paces. Al the best for some good weather and lots of updates.
Thanks!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The gt2 was not reimbursed and they just put the wheels back on and I think they mended the roof etc., minor things, these cars are incredibly strong. Dont know if he bought a new one.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
What is the "sport mode" ? I didn't think there was a sport mode with MT cars. Is it standard or did you get sport chrono?

Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
What is the "sport mode" ? I didn't think there was a sport mode with MT cars. Is it standard or did you get sport chrono?
It significantly changes the throttle response. And with PASM, a stiffer suspension setting is available, but this can be controlled separately from the throttle response, at least in the 997.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
It is now standard, it used to only come with SC - which I did not get. The sport button is directly under the shifter on the left side of the button columns.

From the Porsche EU website:

Fitted as standard, the new SPORT button enables you to select a suspension setup where the emphasis is on either comfort or sporty performance. At the push of a button, the electronic engine management system switches the engine mapping to offer an even sharper response and engine dynamics that are more direct.

Note: As Manifold said, with PASM a stiffer suspension setting is available, not in my case (no PASM).

Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 AM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Can you post pictures? particularly of the side? I want to see how the ride height looks without PASM.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Is sport mode good for daily driving or do you only use it on occasion or just leave it on all the time? Is there a real noticable distinction with the button on/off? PLease elaborate

Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by fixedupw203
Can you post pictures? particularly of the side? I want to see how the ride height looks without PASM.

Thanks
I will wash the car tomorrow and take a few pictures of the height.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Is sport mode good for daily driving or do you only use it on occasion or just leave it on all the time? Is there a real noticable distinction with the button on/off? PLease elaborate
I use it all the time, since it gives me a tiny bit more wheel spin and it also keeps me from having to press the Start/Stop button (with the sport mode on the Start/Stop feature is turned off). So yes, the is plenty of distinction with the setting on/off, especially in throttle response. I will elaborate more once I have put on more miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)