Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
What are your thoughts on the exhaust? I'm assuming you have the standard and not PSE. Any regrets not going with PSE or do you plan on going aftermarket?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
What are your thoughts on the exhaust? I'm assuming you have the standard and not PSE. Any regrets not going with PSE or do you plan on going aftermarket?
I think it sounds brilliant, loud enough for me. It comes down to personal taste. If I do end up craving for more, I will have the OEM PSE installed, but I donīt see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tromero
Is sport mode good for daily driving or do you only use it on occasion or just leave it on all the time? Is there a real noticable distinction with the button on/off? PLease elaborate
Sport mode is fine for DD. With PDK all it seems to do is switch pse on (which just makes the car sound a lot sportier) and switch the auto start/stop function off (thank God). Other than that I don't find it to be much more aggressive than non-sport mode. Sport+ is another story, super aggressive, it ensures no gear shifts take place below the red line i.e. 7500 rpms and basically you can do 100mph in 4th gear. But with MT I don't see how either sport or sport+ would help.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Post more pictures!!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by aamersa
But with MT I don't see how either sport or sport+ would help.
You donīt see how better throttle response would help?

Hawc Iīm on it!

Last edited by Johtaja; 03-14-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: reply to hawc
Old 03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hawc
post more pictures!!!!
i know!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
TorontoPF has a spectacular aura aboutTorontoPF has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the new ride! Waiting for my C2S cab 7spd to arrive. After much debate I decided to stick with what I love the Manual tranny. I am so pleased to read your experience with it. I am still about 5 weeks before my car arrives but please continue to update us with your experience with your new ride. It's funny because I have been following so many people who are taking delivery of their new cars. Then once they get them they disappear for a while (likely enjoying their new toys). Please don't disappear and update us on that 7spd. There is just no feedback out there!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM
hashrogers is infamous around these parts
bump up! congrats! Great write up. Please post more pics!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Thanks guys, I will try to snap a few pictures later. The weather has been really lousy for the past couple days, but its starting to look better.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 PM
rrustagi is infamous around these parts
johtaja,

what options did you get, i am planning on getting only the premium package, white and blue int for a total msrp of 85,990 and the dealer is willing to knock $2K of the sticker, total out of the door price of 90K. debating if i should get 20" wheels and/or the PSE?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 AM
arthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nice
Originally Posted by rrustagi
johtaja,

what options did you get, i am planning on getting only the premium package, white and blue int for a total msrp of 85,990 and the dealer is willing to knock $2K of the sticker, total out of the door price of 90K. debating if i should get 20" wheels and/or the PSE?
I spent close to 3 hours in a base 991 7MT, SC, PSE and I can tell you now that the best thing about the new car is the PSE. It is so intoxicating to listen to. I could not wipe the smile off my face hearing the exhaust note. Even in city traffic the number of people that would look at the car even at low speeds due to the exhaust note was amazing. I am not one for head turning or attention seeking but I thoroughly enjoyed the PSE and the 7MT both are a winner in my books

Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by arthurk
I spent close to 3 hours in a base 991 7MT, SC, PSE and I can tell you now that the best thing about the new car is the PSE. It is so intoxicating to listen to. I could not wipe the smile off my face hearing the exhaust note. Even in city traffic the number of people that would look at the car even at low speeds due to the exhaust note was amazing. I am not one for head turning or attention seeking but I thoroughly enjoyed the PSE and the 7MT both are a winner in my books
Did you find that the CS had any noticeably benefit on a MT 991...
Order my MT 991 C2S cab without 'cause throttle & shift mapping or launch control is not something you'd need in a MT nor the display which gives you the best time to shift

But perhaps there are other things which are included which do warrant the SC in a MT.

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 AM
arthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nicearthurk is just really nice
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Did you find that the CS had any noticeably benefit on a MT 991...
Order my MT 991 C2S cab without 'cause throttle & shift mapping or launch control is not something you'd need in a MT nor the display which gives you the best time to shift

But perhaps there are other things which are included which do warrant the SC in a MT.

Thanks!
There was a definite difference between normal/sports/sports + mode on the 7MT. The biggest disappointment for me on the base was the engine needed to be revved up and beyond the 4000 RPM to get it to sing and dance. But once over that it did quite nicely.

I would be taking SC in an MT setup without a doubt. Not for the LC but for the remapping.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by arthurk
There was a definite difference between normal/sports/sports + mode on the 7MT. The biggest disappointment for me on the base was the engine needed to be revved up and beyond the 4000 RPM to get it to sing and dance. But once over that it did quite nicely.

I would be taking SC in an MT setup without a doubt. Not for the LC but for the remapping.
Yep I hear ya, that's actually why I almost opted for the S instead of the base.
Mind you initially I figured it'd be more fun to drive the base between zero and ticket speeds... but the flip side is that it could get tedious to always have to rev that high to get "that" feeling.

Good to know about the SC too.

Cheers!

Old 04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Johtaja
Thanks again, it sure feels much more stable than the outgoing model. I do remember the GT2 - what a shame, I heard he ordered another GT2 after the crash? Thanks again - it was definitely one for the books! I will enjoy the car to the fullest for sure. I canīt wait to rip it on the dry roads.
Oh no, not every spring. Again a Porsche driver all over the news here, driving 150km/h on a 40km/h road and not surprisingly ending in a wall...

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/po...461763512.html

[IMG]is11.snstatic.fi/img/978/1288461759858.jpeg[/IMG]

Last edited by kip; 04-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)