Drop the Base (C2 991 Content)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kip
Oh no, not every spring. Again a Porsche driver all over the news here, driving 150km/h on a 40km/h road and not surprisingly ending in a wall...

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/po...461763512.html

[IMG]is11.snstatic.fi/img/978/1288461759858.jpeg[/IMG]
Whoaaaa he must've been going real fast
Amazing that 911 is not flat like a pancake!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:07 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
996? Boo.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yep I hear ya, that's actually why I almost opted for the S instead of the base.
Mind you initially I figured it'd be more fun to drive the base between zero and ticket speeds... but the flip side is that it could get tedious to always have to rev that high to get "that" feeling.

Good to know about the SC too.

Cheers!
Sid, did you give up on the C4s?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
Sid, did you give up on the C4s?
No Sirrrrrr!

Had my flirtation with the Maserati Granturismo S but that turned out to be a one night stand.
Still have my deposit reserving the first 991 C4S allocation at my dealer.
So for now I'm back in waiting mode.

I really suck at being patient!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
No Sirrrrrr!

Had my flirtation with the Maserati Granturismo S but that turned out to be a one night stand.
Still have my deposit reserving the first 991 C4S allocation at my dealer.
So for now I'm back in waiting mode.

I really suck at being patient!
Being patient sucks. Yes. Yes it does. But you will love it. I just crossed 500 miles and hit the sport button. I fell in love all over again. I am going to keep it under 6000 rpm, but the only way to get it even close is to do 70...in second! I have PDK and no PSE, but let me tell you it sounds great in normal mode and fantastic in sport. I won't hit sport plus until at least 1,000 miles. But then, hide your women and children!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Being patient sucks. Yes. Yes it does. But you will love it. I just crossed 500 miles and hit the sport button. I fell in love all over again. I am going to keep it under 6000 rpm, but the only way to get it even close is to do 70...in second! I have PDK and no PSE, but let me tell you it sounds great in normal mode and fantastic in sport. I won't hit sport plus until at least 1,000 miles. But then, hide your women and children!
" hide your women and children!"

Hey I've got a question for ya... there are some reviews of current 991 owners who don't find the car "sports car" enough... and while I agree it's a muchhhh more comfortable and "luxury car than it's predecessors I don't get it...

And while I agree that the pure unadulterated (I dare say "uncomfortable") sports car feel has been diminished somewhat, I do feel that the shear feeling of power makes up for that.
On my 4 test drives of the 991S I found it to be an absolute best when you drive it aggressively (in sport/+ mode).
It felt tight, direct and very responsive... at that great exhaust and it is flat out visceral!

Am I missing something?
Or has growing up in Amsterdam finally caught up to me.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM
" hide your women and children!"

Hey I've got a question for ya... there are some reviews of current 991 owners who don't find the car "sports car" enough... and while I agree it's a muchhhh more comfortable and "luxury car than it's predecessors I don't get it...

And while I agree that the pure unadulterated (I dare say "uncomfortable") sports car feel has been diminished somewhat, I do feel that the shear feeling of power makes up for that.
On my 4 test drives of the 991S I found it to be an absolute best when you drive it aggressively (in sport/+ mode).
It felt tight, direct and very responsive... at that great exhaust and it is flat out visceral!

Am I missing something?
Or has growing up in Amsterdam finally caught up to me.
Growing up in Amsterdam can only help you - best coffee shops and window shopping in the world!

Sid, frankly, I don't get it either. It is like religious zealots - very one note. It is bigger and more comfortable, and better looking and blah, blah, blah...we hate it! I don't get it. Perhaps if it is too hard to crash, or you don't feel like you are on the ragged edge when out getting milk, you are not happy.

Tracking is a few times a year for me at most. Like you, this is a daily driver/weekend car and occational sports car. The fact that it is not all sports car, all the time, and that ir can be at the touch of a button, and does both sooooo well, I see as an almost unbelievable advantage. But, the purist hates that it is not a race car, even when sitting in traffic. Well, that is my take anyway.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Growing up in Amsterdam can only help you - best coffee shops and window shopping in the world!

Sid, frankly, I don't get it either. It is like religious zealots - very one note. It is bigger and more comfortable, and better looking and blah, blah, blah...we hate it! I don't get it. Perhaps if it is too hard to crash, or you don't feel like you are on the ragged edge when out getting milk, you are not happy.

Tracking is a few times a year for me at most. Like you, this is a daily driver/weekend car and occational sports car. The fact that it is not all sports car, all the time, and that ir can be at the touch of a button, and does both sooooo well, I see as an almost unbelievable advantage. But, the purist hates that it is not a race car, even when sitting in traffic. Well, that is my take anyway.
OK so it's not the copious amounts of... urhhhh, herbal tea I consumed in my youth

Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Johtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to beholdJohtaja is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kip
Oh no, not every spring. Again a Porsche driver all over the news here, driving 150km/h on a 40km/h road and not surprisingly ending in a wall...

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/po...461763512.html

[IMG]is11.snstatic.fi/img/978/1288461759858.jpeg[/IMG]
Here we go again!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Whoaaaa he must've been going real fast
Amazing that 911 is not flat like a pancake!

Exactly 1 year ago (flipped 2 times over):

These are strong cars!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
These are strong cars!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, I think I like the look of the high strength steel area on the door post.

ChuckJ