Anyone's build beng finalized this week?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:19 PM
gerenb is infamous around these parts
This is the schedule for April. The link appears to be updated on a fairly regular basis:

http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf

Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Gerenb

Do you have this for March?

Thx

Last edited by gleek48; 03-25-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Darn auto fill fix
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
gerenb is infamous around these parts
Ok, I saved the old schedule before they changed it. Here is a quick and dirty screen capture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	March Schedule.png
Views:	129
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	173179

Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. This confirms that the Camellia Ace is running a few days late.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AG991
No, seems to be as little as 10 days and up to about 13 - I am sure weather can play a role. I caught things right (keep your fingers crossed), my build was complete on March 5 and I may have keys in hand on March 30 - 25 days door to door. I will keep my fingers crossed for a short wait for you as well!
Originally Posted by 19hole
Mine is on the Carnation Ace. Was complete and On Vessal on the 16th. Ship shows to be in port in RI on the 26th.
Originally Posted by gerenb
Ok, I saved the old schedule before they changed it. Here is a quick and dirty screen capture:

Attachment 173179
how did you get that? i hope mine gets to emden before april 5th, would arrive davisville on the 16th!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 AM
JB991 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gerenb

Attachment 173179
Perfect capture. According to that, the Nippon Highway, which just got to Halifax will stop next in Houston. That's what I'm waiting for. Getting excited now

Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
JB991 is infamous around these parts
Hi JB991 - either earlier in this thread or in another by Newman entitled something like "991s cab in US port", someone posted a schedule of several ships. We were not clear that it was correct for this year, but it seems to be close - at least in terms of the Camellia Ace.

What it did clearly suggest was that not every ship stops at every port - if memory served, it was about 1 per month for Halifax. Most, or at least many, based again on memory, stopped in Rhode Island and in Houston. Some stop also in Brunswick Georgia (the Camellia Ace did) and also in California. I have no idea how they found the schedule and it seems to be accurate - ish.

But if your car is made and you have a VIN number, I would be shocked if you had to wait more than another month, from door to door. Congratulations. What did you build?

Thanks, hopefully the above mentioned schedule holds true. I should be at the next stop.

My build looks like this
Carrera S
Agate Grey exterior, black interior
20" Carrera S wheel
Premium Pkg Plus
BOSE Audio
PDK
PASM Sport
Sport Chrono
Sport Exhaust
Smoking Pkg only for the cover
Deleted rear designation

That's all

Old 03-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Where is the Camellia Ace? It was supposed to dock into GA a day and a half ago, but it now not within tracking range. I thought it was there, but cannot see it on Marine Traffic.com. Hopefully, it is either in dock and hasn't reported its location or is on the open water to Houston. I have a feeling it is the former. Hopefully, it's not just offshore awaiting an open berth.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gleek48
Where is the Camellia Ace? It was supposed to dock into GA a day and a half ago, but it now not within tracking range. I thought it was there, but cannot see it on Marine Traffic.com. Hopefully, it is either in dock and hasn't reported its location or is on the open water to Houston. I have a feeling it is the former. Hopefully, it's not just offshore awaiting an open berth.
Hi gleek48. I just checked and it is in range and looks like it just pulled out of Brunswick. Good news. I don't know how it managed to fall so far behind, but at least it looks like it is finally on its way to you.. In the meantime, I should use gerenb's dealer next time because I have not yet received confirmation that my 991 is on a truck. oh well, this seems to be the ultimate "watched pot".

Old 03-26-2012, 06:34 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Newman
Great news for both of you - seems that things have really let loose and the cars are moving. The ship my Cabriolet is on is called the Cougar Ace and it carries 4800 - 5000 cars; cannot imagine the logical nightmare that must be when these ships go into the ports!

I saw you comparing VIN numbers - the last five digits on mine is 54232 and it shipped on March 1, and it due in Rhode Island on the 13th.
Hi Newman,

Your cab is an S correct. I was looking at my dealer's inventory and his one basic coupe was a 6xxx number. S coupes have numbers as low as 0xxx, one of the cabs start with 4xxx and Carrera coupes start with 6xxx. I wonder if the other cab starts at 2xxx or, if the know from past experience that S coupes are best selling and do the other cabs will start with 8xxx?

I ran my VIN through the Sun Coast decoder. Some of it I in German and I am still figuring the rest out.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi gleek48. I just checked and it is in range and looks like it just pulled out of Brunswick. Good news. I don't know how it managed to fall so far behind, but at least it looks like it is finally on its way to you.. In the meantime, I should use gerenb's dealer next time because I have not yet received confirmation that my 991 is on a truck. oh well, this seems to be the ultimate "watched pot".
Yeah, EricP told me that a lot of ships stop in Brunswick to pick up cars from Mercedes and BMW. Makes sense since both have factories close to GA. The port of Houston and MT.com is showing the Camellia Ace arriving into Houston on the 30th (about 4 days time). From there to the dealer is about 2 days I've been told.

I guess its a race between my 991 and my wife's 958. My dealer told me today that they scheduled a pickup from PA today and it should be picked up later this week. I bet the 991 wins. I was hoping to get both at the same time.

AG991-When are you getting yours? Any word from the dealer?

Last edited by gleek48; 03-26-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: corrected timeframe
Old 03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah, EricP told me that a lot of ships stop in Brunswick to pick up cars from Mercedes and BMW. Makes sense since both have factories close to GA. I think he also indicated that his car got to Houston (confirming now) within 36 hours of leaving Brunswick. We will see. Interesting to see how both the port of Houston and MT.com is showing the Camellia Ace arriving into Houston on the 30th. I hope it's not just running around in circles!

I guess its a race between my 991 and my wife's 958. My dealer told me today that they scheduled a pickup from PA today and it should be picked up later this week. I bet the 991 wins. I was hoping to get both at the same time.

AG991-When are you getting yours? Any word from the dealer?
The day we now hope your beauty arrives in Houston, I should be driving mine! But I will believe it when I get notice that it has left the port in Davisville Rhode Island by truck.

I have tentative plans to have a buddy drive me to the dealer, about an hour north of me here in central Jersey (where the state pinches in) - there are at least four dealers closer, but I like my salesman - and after I learn about the controls and he takes a test drive or two, we are going to head down to Atlantic City. I may win some of the payments at the tables. More likely, I will put a 250 mile dent in the breakin. I know that that is not a lot of driving out west. But here, that can take 4 - 10 hours - too many people driving too many cars.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
The day we now hope your beauty arrives in Houston, I should be driving mine! But I will believe it when I get notice that it has left the port in Davisville Rhode Island by truck.

I have tentative plans to have a buddy drive me to the dealer, about an hour north of me here in central Jersey (where the state pinches in) - there are at least four dealers closer, but I like my salesman - and after I learn about the controls and he takes a test drive or two, we are going to head down to Atlantic City. I may win some of the payments at the tables. More likely, I will put a 250 mile dent in the breakin. I know that that is not a lot of driving out west. But here, that can take 4 - 10 hours - too many people driving too many cars.

That should be a great trip! Please take some pictures to tide us over!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
That should be a great trip! Please take some pictures to tide us over!
I hope to. Do you know how to get pictures onto the board? This is all new to me.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I hope to. Do you know how to get pictures onto the board? This is all new to me.

Hit the "Advanced Reply" button. Then, press Manage Attachments and press the "upload" button to load your pictures. I believe they have to be of a certain size (not too big). Voila!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone's build beng finalized this week?