Anyone's build beng finalized this week?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 19hole
The Carnation Ace in now in port. I have been told that PCNA is trying to push sold cars out for the month/quarter end.
If my dealer is correct, you should definitely get it by month end. Congrats!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
The Carnation Ace in now in port. I have been told that PCNA is trying to push sold cars out for the month/quarter end.
Great. Congrats - it will not be long now. It took about a week for me. Drive in good health!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
I went for something a bit different this time, my 997.2 is Aqua Blue and even though I love it I just couldn't do 2 in a row the same color.

Base 911, 7 speed manual
Ruby Red
Agate / Pebble Gray full leather
Premium Package
Ventilated Seats
Bose sound Package
Sunroof
20" "S" wheels
PASM
Sport Chrono
Model Designation "911"
Colored Center Caps
Steering Wheel Heating

My daily driver, no track (maybe a little!) time. Comfort and performance were the requirements.
would you mind posting your 997 aqua blue? i'm considering aqua blue but can't make up my mind

Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I hope you are right ... your build sounds beautiful ... currently have a base 997.1 with a 6 speed manual ...

I went with an 'S' this time around with:
Black/black
7 spd manual
prem pkg plus
heated steering wheel
Sirius
PSE
Sport Chrono
Multi func steering wheel
sunroof

I believe that is it .

Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by af330i
I hope you are right ... your build sounds beautiful ... currently have a base 997.1 with a 6 speed manual ...

I went with an 'S' this time around with:
Black/black
7 spd manual
prem pkg plus
heated steering wheel
Sirius
PSE
Sport Chrono
Multi func steering wheel
sunroof

I believe that is it .
do you know if you'd get ipod USB port even w/o the Sirius or any sound options?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Gerenb where are you? How was the first day with the new ride?

Last edited by AG991; 03-29-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 AM
gerenb is infamous around these parts
I haven't received confirmation yet from the dealer that he received the car last night. He said he would let me know this morning. I MAY get the car later today. If not, it will probably be tomorrow.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by gerenb
I haven't received confirmation yet from the dealer that he received the car last night. He said he would let me know this morning. I MAY get the car later today. If not, it will probably be tomorrow.
I am sure it is at the dealer and you will be driving it before the end of the day!

My salesman just called to tell me that my car is "sick" (in a good way). Said that the silver with red interior and black inserts worked and that the platinum wheels with the platinum silver paint looks fantastic - Now I really want to blow off work and go get it. It will have to wait. My salesman may send some early pictures and I will try to post them if he does.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AG991
I am sure it is at the dealer and you will be driving it before the end of the day!

My salesman just called to tell me that my car is "sick" (in a good way). Said that the silver with red interior and black inserts worked and that the platinum wheels with the platinum silver paint looks fantastic - Now I really want to blow off work and go get it. It will have to wait. My salesman may send some early pictures and I will try to post them if he does.
Please do! I am eagerly waiting pics of your car (specially the interior)!

Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by fixedupw203
Please do! I am eagerly waiting pics of your car (specially the interior)!
I just started a new thread with the first pictures from my dealer. It is very dramatic. There are also custom floor mats that are not in the picture - red with black leather trim.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Damn checked with the dealer around noon and it says still on vessel ... does anyone know how long it takes to change that ... the ship came in last night ...

thanks ...

Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Damn checked with the dealer around noon and it says still on vessel ... does anyone know how long it takes to change that ... the ship came in last night ...

thanks ...
When my car hit port at about 8pm on a Tuesday, it took about a day and a half for it to show on the computer system as acutally having arrived - my salesman checks every morning when he come in and he sent me word on the following Thursday morning. From that Thursday, it took until yesterday for the car to show up at the dealer. Another guy on this thread, Gerenb, had his show up yesterday in Reston Va. He is probably driving right now (lucky dog) and I get mine tomorrow (probably could have picked it up today but could not get away.

If your ship came in last night, chances are good you will have your car by next weekend

Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough

thanks ...
It's probably off the ship (although these boats hold up to 5000 cars) but the paperwork or entering it on the computer has not caught yet. I was told the only reliable computer information is on Monday; other days can be out of date. Good luck.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Newman
It's probably off the ship (although these boats hold up to 5000 cars) but the paperwork or entering it on the computer has not caught yet. I was told the only reliable computer information is on Monday; other days can be out of date. Good luck.
Hey Newman - I don't have mine yet, but there are pictures in another thread! any more news on yours?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AG991
Hey Newman - I don't have mine yet, but there are pictures in another thread! any more news on yours?
Mike - I have seen the photos, I love the interior and I bet it looks better when you are in it! No more on my car - hopefully it will be released on Monday, April 2nd as your dealer mentioned. I spoke with Porsche Cars North America in Atlanta on Tuesday and again today, and they insist that Cabriolets are not being held.

To be blunt, I believe that they are lying but I don't know why - is it a product rollout for cabriolets in early April, a technical problem or does our Federal government have a safety or environmental issue with this model? I can deal with any of those possibilities, I know Porsche will solve any issue if there is one, but why hide behind the claim that these models are not on hold? Maybe Germans are more subservient than Americans but I doubt it!

Have fun tomorrow and this weekend in Atlantic City.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone's build beng finalized this week?