Anyone's build beng finalized this week?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:54 PM
gerenb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AG991
Sounds like you are all getting close! It will be this week - and Newman, it looks like someone posted that they took delivery of a Cab. Did you get yours?!

Just back from Atlantic City - I posted a few more pictures of the car clean and in better lighting. It was great to drive - my only porblems were the complexity of all of the gizzmo and settings (this is going to take a while) and the very big blind spots that this car has becuse of the very long sloped rear - you need to move your side-view-mirror on the driver's side out almost to the point where you would have to move your head to be able to see the back of your own car. Had no trouble going plenty fast and not getting anywhere neat 4200 rpm. I can't wait to see all of your spectacular rides! Enjoy - and get used to spending some quality time with the manuals. Wouldn't you agree gerenb?
Yes, there is definitely a bit of a learning curve. SPASM doesn't engage automatically with the Sport button. You need to push an extra button. Also, if you are in the PDK auto mode and accidentally hit a paddle shifter, guess what? You're now in manual! You better start shifting like right now.

Interestingly, the standard exhaust is pretty quiet when you're cruising. When you punch it to pass someone, though, it sounds beautiful. With PSE on, it sounds aggressive most of the time and ridiculous when you nail it.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:26 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gerenb
Yes, there is definitely a bit of a learning curve. SPASM doesn't engage automatically with the Sport button. You need to push an extra button. Also, if you are in the PDK auto mode and accidentally hit a paddle shifter, guess what? You're now in manual! You better start shifting like right now.

Interestingly, the standard exhaust is pretty quiet when you're cruising. When you punch it to pass someone, though, it sounds beautiful. With PSE on, it sounds aggressive most of the time and ridiculous when you nail it.
Gerenb - I have had a different experience with the PDK in automatic. I keep dropping gears to get th revs up at a set speed during break in. If you are in 7th (which it puts you into too quickly) and you hit the down paddle, it drops you into 6th and the manual mode goes on along with the auto mode. If you stay steady, in a few seconds, I was back in 7th and still in Auto. That is in normal mode, not sport or sport plus - which I have not tried yet.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by pratas
How long does it take to finish the production? My dealer just email me that my build was put in the production on 29 March. The planned completion date is 06 April.
my order just placed in, wish i could answer. i suppose it takes at least 3-5 weeks from germany to US?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by af330i
argh that is frusterating ... it's like you start to look forward to getting since you know the ship is on it's way and there is a delay ...

For me I would be ok with the delay but I am going away next Saturday and really don't want my car sitting around at a dealer for anyone to go and sit in so I am hoping to get it by Friday but who knows ... time will tell.
ask your rep to put a big sign on your car, "DO NOT TOUCH, it's been sold already"

Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tachyon
my order just placed in, wish i could answer. i suppose it takes at least 3-5 weeks from germany to US?
Once the ship leaves Emden, it's about two weeks to port on the east coast, another week to the gulf and I think another week to the west coast. From port, it can take a few days to a week or more depending on different factors to get to the dealer.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM
sfy1505 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JB991
I must be doing something wrong on this marinetraffic site. I can't see the Camellia Ace, nor can I find the Nippon Highway (the boat my car is on) which is supposed to be two days in trail. I did see on the poha website that the Camellia Ace was here in Houston, and an ETA for the Nippon Highway. Not sure how some of y'all are doing it the wait.....it hurts
JB991, I am tracking the Nippon Highway just about to enter Galveston Bay now. You catcjh it on marinetraffic.com. Won't be long now. Unfortunately, I am leaving town Thursday AM and won't be back until late April 9, so I won't be able to pick it up until the 10th. It better be waiting for me when I get back! The wait is killing me!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:40 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Reading over the shipping calendar, is it correct? Is there really only one boat that leaves every month to the west coast?

Next ship leaves on April 26 based on that schedule that was being passed around on here and Rennlist which is a bit troubling since I got word my car is supposed to be completed tomorrow.

Anyone order a car being shipped to the West Coast can chime in with some intel?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by af330i
Sorry I do not know ... maybe someone who has taken delivery can answer
I ordered no extra audio pkg, that is, std audio as is and I was told that there WILL BE iPod USB port.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Newman, gleek48, any news? I hope silence means your out driving

Old 04-03-2012, 05:45 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Mine seems to be stuck in the port in RI. It arrived there last week and there have been no status updates since it was reported in port. It is just an hour away, but there is no clue when the port will release it!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AG991
Newman, gleek48, any news? I hope silence means your out driving
Mike - not a word, being an optimist I am thinking that today should be the day. It's been in RI port for three weeks today! Even my dealer is getting anxious.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Mine hit psi monroney tatus yesterday and I hope I get it by Friday. We'll see!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Mine just went to PSI Monroney! Maybe see it this week.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Mine is at PDI as of now ... who knows when it will make it to the dealer ...

Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I am still in PDIMonroney status. The next status will be InvShipped. That should mean its loaded and on its way. Problem is, no one knows when that will be!

My dealer also indicated that there are a backlog of cabs at port and no one knows why (or at least they aren't telling me).

There is a rumor or speculation that they are held up to fix the fuel line recall (just a rumor). Oh well, if it doesn't come in a couple of days, I have a two week delay for my trip. The wait continues...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone's build beng finalized this week?