Anyone's build beng finalized this week?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AG991
The pictures did not attach - please try again.

Finally - congratulations. What started with you and Newman, gerenb and me at the end of February and ends now, about two months of waiting for, and now enjoying the finest car I have ever driven.

Enjoy it in good health and if you are ever out this way, give a yell! And more pictures!
I forgot to mention - the wheels look great! I love mine. Lots of complements.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
my car was completed on 4/16. It is on a vessel but no name yet

Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
jpr
jpr is infamous around these parts
catpro1...congrads on your build and now being on the boat! I just got notice my build is in finale inspection today! How long did your car take from finale inspection to being on the boat? What port will it arrive at?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 PM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
The car was completed on 4/16 and on vessel 4/23. I don't have a vessel name or port arrival yet. I better start rolling the change in the piggy bank. It will be time to pay up soon.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:57 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cat1pro
The car was completed on 4/16 and on vessel 4/23. I don't have a vessel name or port arrival yet. I better start rolling the change in the piggy bank. It will be time to pay up soon.
Mine went into production a couple of weeks ago but I haven't gotten any indication it's even in the body shop. What do they do for all that time before they start assembly?

ChuckJ

Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Mine went into production a couple of weeks ago but I haven't gotten any indication it's even in the body shop. What do they do for all that time before they start assembly?

ChuckJ
They organize all of the part logistics it takes for the right parts to show up at the right time on the assembly line.

Mine went from paint shop to quality inspection overnight. I suspect that the system is not updated on a continuous basis.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute

ChuckJ
Mine locked out on 2/14 and the next word I got was that it was in paint on 3/4. Production finished 3/5 and on 3/6 I got word it wasin QC. Next, on the 9th, I found it was on a boat. If it has been a couple of weeks, I would bet you are almost there (another week or two tops). In reading everyone's threads, I conclude that I was lucky. I went from production to driving in about one month which seems to be on the short side curve. I would be willing to expect you will get delivery in the second half of May. Congrats!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
Mine locked out on 2/14 and the next word I got was that it was in paint on 3/4. Production finished 3/5 and on 3/6 I got word it wasin QC. Next, on the 9th, I found it was on a boat. If it has been a couple of weeks, I would bet you are almost there (another week or two tops). In reading everyone's threads, I conclude that I was lucky. I went from production to driving in about one month which seems to be on the short side curve. I would be willing to expect you will get delivery in the second half of May. Congrats!
I hope you're right, I'm getting a little itchy! Thanks for the encouragement.

ChuckJ

Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice

ChuckJ
quite strange
If youe car went into production than it should be ready within one week.
Maybe it been finished already and wait for the vessel.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by pratas
quite strange
If youe car went into production than it should be ready within one week.
Maybe it been finished already and wait for the vessel.
That's what confused me. It's probably a terminology issue. I'll know it's really in production when the dealer tells me in in the body shop, etc. I think there must be a start point where they gather parts and maybe that's where it is.

ChuckJ
PS Would make it interesting for an in-country delivery.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! You're in for a treat once it's delivered. The car is better than I expected.

Also, unfortunately, you are in for the hardest part - the wait from being built to being delivered. That month+ felt like a year!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
TorontoPF has a spectacular aura aboutTorontoPF has a spectacular aura about
hey guys the day is finally around the corner. Should be picking up my C2S 7spd cab tomorrow. Can't wait-hope the day comes soon for those of you who are still waiting for your cars.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Mine just went into the body shop this morning so I guess it really has started production now. It's projected for a first week in June delivery date.

ChuckJ

Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by TorontoPF
hey guys the day is finally around the corner. Should be picking up my C2S 7spd cab tomorrow. Can't wait-hope the day comes soon for those of you who are still waiting for your cars.
Great! Congrats and drive it in good health! Post pictures ASAP

Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Mine just went into the body shop this morning so I guess it really has started production now. It's projected for a first week in June delivery date.

ChuckJ
Great! May will be the longest month of the year for you...and June the shortest!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone's build beng finalized this week?