991 Picture Thread - Upload Yours!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-02-2013 | 03:15 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RIndy
I'm anticipating a smooth acceleration but at times there is a slight hesitancy. I have not driven enough to notice a pattern. After more miles I'll discuss with the service manager.
Does the hesitancy only appear between roughly 2500-3000 RPM and only under light to moderate throttle? If so, it's most likely due to the dreaded Variocam bump which appears to be fairly normal for both 991's and 997's.

Congrats on your first P car. If you're like most here, it will be a long and rewarding relationship.

Old 04-02-2013 | 03:29 PM
RIndy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by runner1021
Does the hesitancy only appear between roughly 2500-3000 RPM and only under light to moderate throttle? If so, it's most likely due to the dreaded Variocam bump which appears to be fairly normal for both 991's and 997's.

Congrats on your first P car. If you're like most here, it will be a long and rewarding relationship.
Yes, thank you runner, I drove the car today and it is as you describe.

Old 04-02-2013 | 04:23 PM
Size is infamous around these parts
Mockup of the stripe on my 991

Hi Guys,
Mockup of the stripe. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front and Side.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	469.2 KB
ID:	227359  
Old 04-02-2013 | 05:59 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
^^ I'm not diggin it.

I appreciate what your trying to do but it may be difficult to pull off a good look unless you went total race car look....and a bigger stripe like in this pic.

Either way keep us updated as I'd be curious to see what you end up with.

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2013 | 06:52 PM
Hi BrandonH, I appreciate your comment and thought about the total race car look. While that look maybe good for the track, I'm into a bit more subtle/classy, so I wanted to accent the car with a stripe that picks up the yellow seat belts (I also have yellow gauges) and grey of the wheels. My wife said I should have red and yellow stripe to make it more "shocking" and match the brakes better. So far, the stripe colors I'm okay with, may make the yellow a bit thicker, but not total race car look. I'll keep you posted as requested.

Old 04-03-2013 | 02:52 PM
bluepr0 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Size
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
My opinion would be: Please don't :P

Old 04-03-2013 | 03:03 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
I actually kinda like it a lot, but then again I see myself as a boy racer. Maybe have the yellow extend around the whole stripe instead of how it cuts off before the Porsche badge?
But there are a lot of other options to have matching accents to your existing yellow accents. Such as yellow PORSCHE decal on windshield, yellow 'Carrera S' model designation decal on bottom left of your doors, yellow brake calipers, and so on.

Last edited by ArashApollo; 04-03-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2013 | 05:08 PM
T-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to beholdT-Mac is a splendid one to behold
I think it looks awesome!

Old 04-03-2013 | 07:17 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I think you should do it...it looks great!

Old 04-03-2013 | 08:06 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
I'd say give it a try. I had done something similar on my GT3 (+side decals). The great thing with decals is that you keep them for the time you like them... and then remove them and move on when you are tired of the theme.

I'd advise you to work with Kyle from kistudios.com/porschestripes.com. He's got all the options you need, has good advice and a nice picture library

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2013 | 09:16 PM
I did contact kistudios and they sent me a sample of the colors. I don't have expertise to lay it down, so I will probably utilize a local experts todo this.
Thanks for your feedback so far.

Old 04-04-2013 | 06:37 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Hi Guys,

Thanks!

I don't like it that much. It's a bit too Ferrari-esque (f430 scuderia) for my taste. In other words, don't ruin your gorgeous car with these tacky things !

Old 04-04-2013 | 06:42 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !

Old 04-04-2013 | 09:34 AM
looks nice - what's the interior color?

Old 04-04-2013 | 09:34 AM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
I'd say give it a try. I had done something similar on my GT3 (+side decals). The great thing with decals is that you keep them for the time you like them... and then remove them and move on when you are tired of the theme.

I'd advise you to work with Kyle from kistudios.com/porschestripes.com. He's got all the options you need, has good advice and a nice picture library
Awesome looking car Serge!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 991 Picture Thread - Upload Yours!