to PDCC or not...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Manifold
Not true. Many can afford whatever they want, and will still opt for a simpler, more direct car (eg, manual rather than PDK). Remember, cars are cheap in the US.
Haha you don't need reminding me (or any Aussie) of that manifold. But can't agree on the other. A manual or PDK is a far cry from not having edit(active) performance enhancements that Porsche has developed to improve the capability of the car. And I've heard way too much deliberating already here so it would appear money IS an issue where the ticking of the boxes is concerned. Either way, for me it would be the boxes ticked where i could afford to, and my money is on that being a majority preference rather than a minority sufferance.

Last edited by speed21; 03-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Haha you don't need reminding me (or any Aussie) of that manifold. But can't agree on the other. A manual or PDK is a far cry from not having passive performance enhancements that Porsche has developed to improve the capability of the car. And I've heard way too much deliberating already here so it would appear money IS an issue where the ticking of the boxes is concerned. Either way, for me it would be the boxes ticked where i could afford to and my money is on that being a majority preference rather than a minority sufferance.
You may be right about it being the majority view, but you made it sound like it's a universal view, which it certainly isn't.

And of course PDCC is an active system (like PASM), not passive.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DS997c2s
Agree about Steven's creek being stuck up. Bunch of doofuses.

Fremont's John continues to stalk me with phone calls at least twice a week.
Ya I can see that. One thing that really set these guys in Fremont above say Steven's Creek is when they did the 991 unveiling, they went all out. I went to the Steven's Creek unveiling a week or two prior (can't remember when) and they had a few people show up. Seemed like more regulars as the sales guy that invited me didn't even seem interested in talking with me even though I drove up in my CTT, but mingled quite a bit with people he seemed to know. But when I went to the Fremont unveiling, it was very packed and they did it up with more food, free alcohol, valet service, raffles, and had a 991 up on a hoist to allow people to see it in the service department. They even took the rear bumper off so people could get a better look at the engine. To me, the bigger crowd and how late they stayed really said a lot to me about the dealership and its staff.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
You may be right about it being the majority view, but you made it sound like it's a universal view, which it certainly isn't.

And of course PDCC is an active system (like PASM), not passive.
Ahh. My bad on the passive....was half asleep at the time...twas very late...meant active (have now edited thanks). Anyway anything that porsche has spent time on developing to enhance the performance envelope is a good thing in my book . And on the budget, i still maintain if everyone was truly rolling in it, majority would go highest end. Funny how $ is such a sensitive issue whenever it's bought up....oh well...but i think there is a fair bit of truth in what i say on that. And what's wrong with admitting ones $hortcommings anyway? Honesty is the best policy and It always pays to be real with one's self imho...you know....put it out there for what it is.

Last edited by speed21; 03-13-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Ahh. My bad on the passive....was half asleep at the time...twas very late...meant active (have now edited thanks). Anyway anything that porsche has spent time on developing to enhance the performance envelope is a good thing in my book . And on the budget, i still maintain if everyone was truly rolling in it, majority would go highest end. Funny how $ is such a sensitive issue whenever it's bought up....oh well...but i think there is a fair bit of truth in what i say on that. And what's wrong with admitting ones $hortcommings anyway? Honesty is the best policy and It always pays to be real with one's self imho...you know....put it out there for what it is.
I agree, dropping this kind of money on cars and pricey options takes careful consideration for most people. I'm just saying that some people (I don't know the percentage) will opt to go with a simpler car even though they can afford to load it up. It depends a lot on what someone wants out of a car.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned
I agree, dropping this kind of money on cars and pricey options takes careful consideration for most people. I'm just saying that some people (I don't know the percentage) will opt to go with a simpler car even though they can afford to load it up. It depends a lot on what someone wants out of a car.
Sure...absolutely!

..But often moreso to do with how much is in their pocket at the time. Tis a sensitive issue for some.