Got my first speeding ticket with 991.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Got my first speeding ticket with 991.

Damn there are cameras every where. And of course the speeding tickets I get are never for when I am 100km/hr over the limit as I only do that when I know it is safe to do so. It's those minor speeding violations that I get caught with, i.e. doing 121 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone. Annoying. That's $170 bucks down the drain. Oh well, the price you pay for owning a performance car.

Last edited by aamersa; 03-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear that... But if $170 is all the punishment, then that isn't really bad. Here in the U.S., in addition to ticket penalty, we get points on the driver's license, about 3 points per minor speeding violation. If you get 12 points, then the license gets suspended. For each points, insurance premium increases too, I think 20% more per 3 points or something like that....

Be careful in the future, and enjoy your hot new S car!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
dubai will confiscate your car if you go fast enough...that is, unless you are well connected.

I got a 1000 dirham ticket for crossing a white line there last year...now THAT was enjoyable!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aamersa
That's $170 bucks down the drain. Oh well, the price you pay for owning a performance car.
Sorry to hear. See what you get with that performance v6.

Might be time to invest in a slick radar/laser system. Just a thought.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Get a radar detector and a Laser Interceptor! TONIGHT, I drove by two photo radar units, my radar detector picked up AND a friggin squad with a laser my Laser Interceptor blocked. Completely honest! The photo radar vans I'm used to, the x$@#¥% Laser always gets my adrenaline up!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
It's all about where you speed. I've owned 3 911s, and one was a Ruf R Turbo—only ticket I've gotten in 20 years was on a tollway access road for 10 mph over the speed limit. It was a tax.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Now you can say that you have truly driven a Porsche.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dcentric
It's all about where you speed. I've owned 3 911s, and one was a Ruf R Turbo—only ticket I've gotten in 20 years was on a tollway access road for 10 mph over the speed limit. It was a tax.
So true.. about where to speed and the silly city help tax tickets

Old 03-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Lucky man! Here in Italy, they always leave u licence points!
You start from 20 point. For a violation like yours, i think they will steal you 4 of them, plus a 125 Euro of ticket...

Then, when you reach 0 points, u've got to go back to the drivin' school...

Old 03-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear that man. Truly i feel for ya. The cameras and cops can really suck at times. They can take it to the extreme for no good reason. Out here the fine is much bigger + you lose 4 out of your 13 points. Don't let these buggers spoil the fun, just be a bit more on the watch.

Last edited by speed21; 03-08-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dcentric
I don't agree with the "its where and when you speed" as traffic normally, as a whole, exceeds the speed limit during rush hour, if it can.

Each of these occurances last night were on a main road that's actually a state highway (Santa Fe) during rush hour. Each lane was full and everybody was moving with traffic. The two photo radar vans were parked in the very outer edge of so called "25 mph construction zones" that have been under construction for over a year. They were fishing in a bucket. So unless you were that one car out of the hundreds on that road at that time driving a lot slower than the rest of the traffic (in a Porsche for that matter), you were getting a ticket.

I installed the Laser Interceptor after getting tagged during a speed trap where one cop was standing on the sidewalk behind a tree with a laser gun and four motorcycles were on the side street a block up listening to him on their radios. While I was there they nailed 5 cars. The cop said that the quick acceleration of a Porsche makes them vulnerable because if you pass or during normal accerlation you can quickly, if only momentarily, easily exceed the speed limit by 10mph.

Luckily, last night I was in an inner lane so I didn't get nailed by the photo radar guns. The LI worked great, but always freaks me out when it goes off, because you know they are targeting just you with the gun and you have to decelerate and turn it off as quickly as possible and hope he still doesn't come after you for not getting a reading on his gun. I wasn't speeding, but it's that immediate check your speed, turn it off and watch the rearview mirror that gets my heart racing.

To the OP, my LI saved my butt from a ticket last night. Imagine what it would have cost if I had had two beers or two glasses of wine and got nailed by the laser gun...

Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
dubai will confiscate your car if you go fast enough...that is, unless you are well connected.
Are u sure about that? Is this a new law?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
They have fixed speed cameras at a 2-3km distance from each other all the way on the main thoroughfares so I don't think radars detectors will matter. It's really a revenue source here.

There is a 20-30km/hr grace before the cameras flash and one tends to stay near the edge of this grace limit, except with these performance cars it is so easy to go over briefly and if done at the wrong time, smile you're on camera.

To speed you need to find stretches where you know there are no cameras and on the new roads it takes them some time to install them hence a window of opportunity to fly on them.

There are no other negative consequences other than fines here, the insurance companies don't get to know about the tickets and as such rates don't vary based on driving record, gender or age. Two years ago I had a torrid two month period in which i picked up 6 violations and did not receive a single black point for them. Of course if you are stupid enough to be going over 100km/h over the limit and also get caught on camera, there may be consequences such as confiscation. But my staff person ran a red light once, and the option he had was to have the car locked up for a week or pay a heavy fine and keep the car. Very revenue driven here.

In the US you almost always need to get pulled over to get a ticket, which is easy enough to avoid if you live in a flat place like Illinois where the cops can be spotted a mile away allowing one time to slow down. In twelve years of daily driving there I got only 6 speeding tickets, resulting in only one conviction, the other five were awarded "court supervision" which prevented them from appearing on my record. The state may have since clamped down on court supervision.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
well, with such low prices for cars and gas its not that bad getting a ticket once in a while...
By the way the fastest ticket in the world was acheived by a Koenigsegg in Australia, 392 kmh...

Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
drive wearing a mask so you can say, Hey that's not me.

If i ever get held up going through a yellow at a photo intersection.
I pull down the sun visor and sit up taller so it can not get my entire face.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my first speeding ticket with 991.