I'm no bigfoot but dang....7spd manual warning!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
Hello all,

You're worrying about nothing. Foot clearance around pedals is subject government safety requirements, in this case UNECE R35. It is illegal to sell a car with insufficient clearance around the pedals. Smaller companies sometimes get around this by applying for special exceptions, but Porsche is too big to get special treatment.

You will all be fine. Trust me, I do this for a living
Thanks for the heads-up!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Thanks for the heads-up!
Haha. I'm lined up for a serious drive in a manual later next week along with a back to back PDK so will report on those pedals .

Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
I wear size 11 1/2. I am going to have some toes surgically removed, but I am not driving a PDK.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
Hello all,

You're worrying about nothing. Foot clearance around pedals is subject government safety requirements, in this case UNECE R35. It is illegal to sell a car with insufficient clearance around the pedals. Smaller companies sometimes get around this by applying for special exceptions, but Porsche is too big to get special treatment.

You will all be fine. Trust me, I do this for a living
Phew!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Haha. I'm lined up for a serious drive in a manual later next week along with a back to back PDK so will report on those pedals .
Get too it you Aussie
Hey but... you guys have right-hand drive... which would mean that the curved part of the footwell (for us at our left foot) for you will be at the right foot...

Regardless, still want get your feed back since all the spacing will be the same (if in the wrong place ).

Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Get too it you Aussie
Hey but... you guys have right-hand drive... which would mean that the curved part of the footwell (for us at our left foot) for you will be at the right foot...

Regardless, still want get your feed back since all the spacing will be the same (if in the wrong place ).
OK. Mission accomplished. Check this out

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...omparison.html

Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DS997c2s
I wear size 11 1/2. I am going to have some toes surgically removed, but I am not driving a PDK.

+ Rep!!!!!!!

As for the clipping, are you guys wearing combat boots? I have never clipped a foot in any 996 or 997 even while wearing boots. Learn to heel toe, then your foot will never be centered on the brake pedal because it will always need to be towards the right to reach over and blip the throttle on downshifts which will be better for the transmission anyways.

I pretty much brake with the right edge of my foot aligned with the right edge of the brake pedal. And I wear a size 14 in most shoes.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
+ Rep!!!!!!!

As for the clipping, are you guys wearing combat boots? I have never clipped a foot in any 996 or 997 even while wearing boots. Learn to heel toe, then your foot will never be centered on the brake pedal because it will always need to be towards the right to reach over and blip the throttle on downshifts which will be better for the transmission anyways.

I pretty much brake with the right edge of my foot aligned with the right edge of the brake pedal. And I wear a size 14 in most shoes.
Some folks have skinny narrow feet so often a large foot size is not such a problem. My feet are really broad and if I'm wearing shoes like regular runners and the likes there is a problem moving in and out between the dead pedal. Problem is solved with proper driving shoes but even then I've got to go up a size or my foot gets squeezed. Agree in heel toe'ing right foot is never centred on brake pedal....2 thirds to half on edge of brake so to rock the foot on to the throttle to rev match....which I'm sure you would know anyway..
Problem i'm personally referring to is area between clutch pedal and dead pedal (foot rest)...where catching can occur if not wearing driving shoes. Problem appears to have been further resolved in new 991.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Hey speed thanks for taking the time to post the pics and review.
It looks like the designers even changed the profile/shape of the arm holding the brake pedal (more curved compared to the 997 shot) in order to accomodate the top of left foot (when on the clutch) so it won't catch... nice shots!
Good an ya mate

Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned
Always a pleasure Sid. With all the fear going on over this even i was getting a bit worried myself, especially after sticking my feet into a 991PDK footwell the other night, so i thought i better straighten this one out myself once and for all. Hope it helps the guys out....that way they can all relax and order away.
There's truly nothin to worry about on this one.