991 GT3 spotted without most of its camouflage!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:59 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fbroen
What might be cool would be a PDCC with "Normal", "Sport", and "Sport Plus"? Or maybe it already is tied into those options? But I mean more like separatley selectable levels of PDCC involvement, so that if one wanted, for example, Sport Plus with less agressive PDCC for old(er) school feel, yet the option to go all out active roll dampening if one wanted that.
yes...that would be da bomb

Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Other than the exhaust, that doesn't look much different from the regular 991. I would bet there would be a more aggressive wing at a minimum.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I'm guessing that rear wing isn't the final version...and I'm hoping it's not too!!! LOL.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Here's a rendering of what it "could" look like...one word comes to mind WOW!
Although I have a feeling it will a little more "aggressive" looking than this.

Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Am I the only one who hopes the wing isn't fixed? The GT3 is a spectacular car. I love the way it sounds and drives. But the rear wing is just a little too much for a street car. (IMO)

Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
^ Agreed, especially for a DD.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
Just looks big and bulbous, like an American designed muscle car that's German themed. Looks toned down for a GT3, I miss the fixed rear wing.

I saw the 991 at the unveiling in person, lined up with every previous generation of 911. The 993 was still by far the best. The 991 is just way too big. And the center console looks like a luxury car now, too much going on.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
JTB
JTB is infamous around these partsJTB is infamous around these parts
Is it just me or do those vents on the rear fenders look like stickers? True vents on the rear fenders would imply inter cooler cooling as on the 996 and 997 tt...

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
I tend to agree that it is large. This is typical of all cars today. Thank god for twenty inch rims. They scale well considering the mass. Put a set of 15 inchers next to any new car and they disappear. The 991 will take up so much road area. Something that was needed with early 911 driving. I love any new 911 because it truly is unique amid all of the current mid and front engine options out there. Hopefully Porsche does not loose the manual shift as that is becoming unique to Porsche as well. A GT3 rocks no matter how it looks. I'm sure it will sport over the top wing and graphics to match the performance. Although, I assume like the wheels they will be much larger than the those on the 997RS. (and the fixed wing? How can that get any larger?)

Last edited by vanquishv12; 03-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
"Am I the only one who hopes the wing isn't fixed? The GT3 is a spectacular car. I love the way it sounds and drives. But the rear wing is just a little too much for a street car. (IMO)"

IMHO, this is exactly why the despoilered, dewinged pcar look is for you....
After having 996C2 and 997 S they just looked and they drove like every other non winged/ non spoilered pcar...no offense meant.
Turbos and GT3s are for those owners not afraid of the "too much for a street car" factor. And tracking them even once or twice or more is much more fun than the plain jane variants....

and this pic of the 991 GT3......I pray this is not the final look. YAWN

Old 03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=YoopsRacing;3491003]"Am I the only one who hopes the wing isn't fixed? The GT3 is a spectacular car. I love the way it sounds and drives. But the rear wing is just a little too much for a street car. (IMO)"

IMHO, this is exactly why the despoilered, dewinged pcar look is for you....

You're right. (No offense taken.) If I could get one without the wing, I'd be all over it. I LOVED my GT3... LOVED the way it drove, the way it ate RPM's. LOVED the way it screamed all the way to redline. My only complaint is the wing itself. I've asked about having the wing removed, but everyone has told me that it would upset the balance of the car.

Compare an F430 and a Scuderia. (one without the stripes) The performance difference is significant, but it could pass for any other F430. The Scuderia was lightened, (by 220 pounds) and the horsepower has been increased (by 20 HP). The gearbox has been sharpened as well as the steering. But Ferrari didn't slap a wing on the back end.

I guess I long for a "discreet GT3".

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fbroen
What might be cool would be a PDCC with "Normal", "Sport", and "Sport Plus"? Or maybe it already is tied into those options?
They should just make one 991 but then have center console buttons for "S" "4S" "GT3" "GT3RS" "GT2" and "Turbo S"

Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Certainly not a GT3, or at least a final version. Looks like base exhaust and stock spoiler. Definitely not GT3 material.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Base exhaust, with center outlet?

Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
clee is infamous around these parts
people look into the spy photos too much. could be all GT3 internals with the Carrera S body panels. Recent Top Gear article on 918 spyder stated that they basically put on 991 body panels on a 918 chassis and engine to test the car's performance. Imagine the panel gaps on that car!

The last thing Porsche will do is put on the proper body panels.

Is it just me or does the picture show the car with Pilot cup tires in snow??? . test drivers have some major cojones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 spotted without most of its camouflage!