991S or slightly used '11 ttS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:55 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
i've owned 2 turbos. the straight line acceleration is orgasmic. I just ordered a 991 cs cab with a lot of options. I want a fast car that I can drive daily and keep a long time. When I was tracking cars, the turbo was king. Where I live there is simply no use for a turbo outside the track.

want straight line performance for 1/3 the price, buy a honda and get it modded.

really, we all want power. she i sold my gts after a year, i wanted to buy another turbo, but now, not tracking, it would only be for status. I fell in love with the 991 cs on launch day. I have owned 9 porsches in my life. I hope this is the last.....or not.

One final word turbo over x51. Car over options, if you are re-selling

Good driving!!
Mike

Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 AM
DarthC63 is infamous around these parts
As everyone has said, go for the TTS. I did see the 991 in person, and I did enjoy the lines, it just seemed a bit subdued.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DarthC63
As everyone has said, go for the TTS. I did see the 991 in person, and I did enjoy the lines, it just seemed a bit subdued.
HAHAHAH!!!!! There is absolutely no porsche that I have owned and driven that can be described as subdued 400 HP won't win a drag race with many pocket rockets, but put this car on a curved track or the twisties and it and it will be an overtly sunny experience.

And if I were buying a turbo to hold value while waiting to see what PCar will do for the 991 Turbo, I would buy a new or slightly used TurboS. There are lots of these around.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
For both fun factor and value for the money, you have to take the TTS.

If your only concern is a nice, comfortable daily driver with style, good performance, and lots of technology, the 991 is a great car.

Drive a TTS once and your decision will be made. It's just a stupendous car. It'll be many years before Porsche tops it.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Bluehinder
For both fun factor and value for the money, you have to take the TTS.

If your only concern is a nice, comfortable daily driver with style, good performance, and lots of technology, the 991 is a great car.

Drive a TTS once and your decision will be made. It's just a stupendous car. It'll be many years before Porsche tops it.
I have and I agree......with everything about it but its price lol

Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Agree, the price of a new TTS is heavy, but now that used cars are available, it creates an interesting alternative for all sorts of new car buyers.

Love your two red cars by the way, what a great pair. You've got the best of all worlds there.