991 Cabriolet is at US Port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
The bigger question is whether or not it involves a dummy lighter! Seriously, a lighter and ashtray in the center console. I should have ordered it -good place to plug a trickle charger.

Actually it's also a good place to put coins etc. (without having them exposed).
Lets face it with a cab it's a bonus to have a lid on there... plus from a visual point of view it just looks cleaner as well.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

Actually it's also a good place to put coins etc. (without having them exposed).
Lets face it with a cab it's a bonus to have a lid on there... plus from a visual point of view it just looks cleaner as well.
Yes, I don't smoke but I was advised to get the smokers package as that open space with the lid looks much nicer than the compartment without the lid.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Alright already - let's get this thread back on track and see some pictures of that beauty...

Old 03-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
After consulting my Service Information Book (2012 Technik Introduction); AG991's explanation is correct on the Porsche Entry & Drive option. There are three sensors - one a each door and at the front, that will sense the key-fob transponder and let you open the car or the luggage compartment. You have to be within 5 feet for it to activate the locks. More importantly, the key-fob must be inside the car to start. You can only lock the car with the key-fob outside the car, and then by touching the door handle or clicking the key-fob.

Regarding the schedule of my car before I can provide photos, it is at the port awaiting PDI inspection and the affixing of the "Monroney Label" - the EPA fuel mileage disclosure. So it's up to the Feds at this time - could be the longest part of the wait.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Newman
After consulting my Service Information Book (2012 Technik Introduction); AG991's explanation is correct on the Porsche Entry & Drive option. There are three sensors - one a each door and at the front, that will sense the key-fob transponder and let you open the car or the luggage compartment. You have to be within 5 feet for it to activate the locks. More importantly, the key-fob must be inside the car to start. You can only lock the car with the key-fob outside the car, and then by touching the door handle or clicking the key-fob.

Regarding the schedule of my car before I can provide photos, it is at the port awaiting PDI inspection and the affixing of the "Monroney Label" - the EPA fuel mileage disclosure. So it's up to the Feds at this time - could be the longest part of the wait.
Hi Newman - I can not take credit for that - that came from someone else in the thread. But I am glad to hear it and thanks for checking into it. any news on your delivery date?

Old 03-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Hi Newman - I can not take credit for that - that came from someone else in the thread. But I am glad to hear it and thanks for checking into it. any news on your delivery date?
Nothing yet - expect to hear day-to-day! How about you?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:12 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing yet - expect to hear day-to-day! How about you?
Quiet.... To quiet!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Quiet.... To quiet!
What ship is your car on?

Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM
What ship is your car on?
Still not 100% sure. However, I think it is the Camellia Ace. And if you are correct that the crossing is 13 days, it should be in R.I. next Thursday

Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Still not 100% sure. However, I think it is the Camellia Ace. And if you are correct that the crossing is 13 days, it should be in R.I. next Thursday
In case you don't have this website, http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=319579000
it looks like it will reach Davisville on March 20, Tuesday

On Monday, it should show up on the map - right now it is "out of range" on the world map tab - that's consistent with how my ship was tracked

Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 PM
In case you don't have this website, http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=319579000

On Monday, it should show up on the map - right now it is "out of range" on the world map tab - that's consistent with how my ship was tracked
Newman thank you. I did not know that. That is great - two days earlier than I expected. I have a real chance of getting the car before the end of the month!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I got a new iPad Fridat and I am trying to run the battery down so I can do a hard charge. Out of curiosity I looked up Davisville R.I. In google maps and, in the satellite images, saw two car carries docked and quite a lot of cars. Very interesting to think that Newman's 991 may be sitting there now and mine might be there next week.

But the number of cars struck meas relatively few, and the port relatively small.
So I moved down the map to Port Eliabeth NJ, (find Newark Liberty International Airport and move dead east to the port). The port is one of the biggest in the USA, with several different areas. But the one just east of the airport is where cars are delivered. Take a look, they are there by the thousands!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:23 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold

I wonder how many stops and how long it takes to get from RI to Texas?

AG991, did your dealer confirm that you are on the Camellia Ace?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by gleek48

Hi Gleek48. No - he has been out. But, if Newman is correct, I will know in a few days anyway. Moreover, the info Newman provided showed the CA in port at almost midnight on 3/8 and I got notice from my dealer that the car was on the water a few hours later on the morning of the 9th. It must be on the same ship.

I know, from reading other strings, and from one of the pictures of the CA on that maritime website that it also stops in Ga. My guess would be Tx is the next port of call after that. There is no way it can make a lot of stops. We are getting close. I might have mine on the 30th and you would have it a week later - if everything goes well.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by gleek48

Not sure about every ship, but the ship my car was on left Davisville RI and was scheduled for 5 days to Houston with no intermediate stops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Cabriolet is at US Port