991 Cabriolet is at US Port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AG991
I got a new iPad Fridat and I am trying to run the battery down so I can do a hard charge. Out of curiosity I looked up Davisville R.I. In google maps and, in the satellite images, saw two car carries docked and quite a lot of cars. Very interesting to think that Newman's 991 may be sitting there now and mine might be there next week.

But the number of cars struck meas relatively few, and the port relatively small.
So I moved down the map to Port Eliabeth NJ, (find Newark Liberty International Airport and move dead east to the port). The port is one of the biggest in the USA, with several different areas. But the one just east of the airport is where cars are delivered. Take a look, they are there by the thousands!
For what it's worth, the dealers are complaining that the relatively new port in RI is slower to turn cars around than the much larger port in NJ; heard that from two dealers???

Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Newman
For what it's worth, the dealers are complaining that the relatively new port in RI is slower to turn cars around than the much larger port in NJ; heard that from two dealers???
Interesting. You are much better plugged in than I am. I just looked because I pass some of the lots with these imported cars when I am on the NJ Turnpike and I thought it would be interesting to see how extensive the lots were. I had no idea they were so extensive. You would think that that would slow things down.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AG991
I got a new iPad Fridat and I am trying to run the battery down so I can do a hard charge. Out of curiosity I looked up Davisville R.I. In google maps and, in the satellite images, saw two car carries docked and quite a lot of cars. Very interesting to think that Newman's 991 may be sitting there now and mine might be there next week.!
AG,

Unless you are with the NSA, CIA or DIA, the satellite pictures you are viewing are grossely outdated. Some are from 2010 or earlier...

Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
AG,

Unless you are with the NSA, CIA or DIA, the satellite pictures you are viewing are grossely outdated. Some are from 2010 or earlier...