991 Cabriolet is at US Port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
991 Cabriolet is at US Port

After a long wait, the ship carrying my car arrived at the Davisville, RI port this morning. Opted to forego the full leather and the ceramic brakes, just too much money & I wanted the performance options. Surprised myself and went with PDK after driving a dealer car with the paddle shifters.

One thing is for sure, it's going to be a lot different than the GT3 I have been using as a daily driver for the last three years.

Carrera S Cabriolet
Agate Grey Metallic
Cabriolet Roof in Black
BOSE(R) Audio Package
Sirius XM(R) Satellite Radio Package
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Black leather front seats
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
SportDesign steering wheel
Sport Chrono Package
20-inch Carrera S wheel
Wheel spacers, 5 mm
Wheel center caps with colored PorscheCrest
Smoking package

Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! This must be one of the first cabs in the States. Pics please when the car arrives.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Yeah, love to see a pic. Nice build, enjoy.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Newman & congrats! A few days more and you will be home free (well home for $120,000!). Can't wait to see it, the 997.2 I traded was that color combo and it is a classic! Enjoy it in good health!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Congrats. Can't wait to see the pics!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:11 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Newman! - (shaking fist)

Please post pics and congrats!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Wait - no heated seats?????

Old 03-15-2012, 03:02 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997xpress
It never gets cold in Connecticut!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997xpress
"Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus" includes heated seats

Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
"Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus" includes heated seats
With this package you also get ventilated seats, the "keyless" ignition (poor implementation by Porsche IMO) and the interior lighting package.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:37 AM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Newman
With this package you also get ventilated seats, the "keyless" ignition (poor implementation by Porsche IMO) and the interior lighting package.

I completely agree about the keyless option.

I have a cab order as well and I am worried that some idiot in LA is going to walk by my car with the top down and think I left the key (dummy key) in the ignition and try and break in.

Not sure what I am going to do. I also live in a building with valet and while I usually don't let them drive my car, I sometimes have to since the building only has tandem parking so I am worried they are going to forget the spare key and the car will shut off after they drive away.

Do you know if you can remove the dummy key and just insert the regular key the old fashion way while still taking advantage of the lock/unlock feature for the door handles?

Also, when you get your car, can you test to see whether you can open and close the top using the key? I heard this is standard for the european cabs with the easy entry feature but it was left off of US cars for litigation purposes

Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by fixedupw203

I have a cab order as well and I am worried that some idiot in LA is going to walk by my car with the top down and think I left the key (dummy key) in the ignition and try and break in.

Not sure what I am going to do. I also live in a building with valet and while I usually don't let them drive my car, I sometimes have to since the building only has tandem parking so I am worried they are going to forget the spare key and the car will shut off after they drive away.

Do you know if you can remove the dummy key and just insert the regular key the old fashion way while still taking advantage of the lock/unlock feature for the door handles?

Also, when you get your car, can you test to see whether you can open and close the top using the key? I heard this is standard for the european cabs with the easy entry feature but it was left off of US cars for litigation purposes
I did not know that about the romote entry - I have it coming on mine as well. Sounds like they needed to get around a Merc. patent. I have a buddy with an Audi S4 and the sound system and electronics aplications were great - I was shocked how far behind my 2010 997.2 Cab was - and from a related company. I did not spend much time on the electronic is deciding to buy the 991, but I hope they have at least closed the gap. As for the automatic top, I doubt it was litigation - when I bought my 997.2 cab, it was offered to me as a dealer installed option for $2,000. I would bet that the US dealerships did not want to lose this as an add on.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't know how the remote entry works either, sounds like we'll find out when the cars get here. I really hope you can remove the key for the reason you mentioned - it would just be too tempting for someone passing by to see the key and think he can just drive away. The comment about lagging the competition is right on the mark as well - it's bad enough that Porsche lags the Japanese in these areas, but to lag Audi and M-B is really disappointing to say the least. I also think it's been 10 years since I have had decent AM radio reception in a Porsche.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by fixedupw203

HUH ? ? ?

Can you please explain this ... are you saying I need to keep a 'fake' key in the slot and the keyless isn't just a start/stop button like it's been in every keyless entry I have in my other cars ? ?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by af330i
HUH ? ? ?

Can you please explain this ... are you saying I need to keep a 'fake' key in the slot and the keyless isn't just a start/stop button like it's been in every keyless entry I have in my other cars ? ?
Yes, unfortunately, that's exactly what I am saying. It's not a button. It's a dummy black key that is permanently(?) installed I think by the dealer. I am not 100% sure it can be removed but my guess is that it can be.

It's not good because I just know some idiot is going to think he can drive away and break in (specially on a cab).

http://www.beverlyhillsporsche.com/w...ition_id=10425

Here is a car with entry and drive. You can't see it very well but it's a big black key with no markings on it. Your key can stay in your pocket but you still have to turn the dummy key.

I'm not excited about this option at all and i'm at least hoping the key can raise and lower the roof and I can remove the dummy key and use the regular key.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Cabriolet is at US Port