on board in a 991 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Elias74
Well, Super light steering. I had it in my previuos car, and since i drive my car all week long, i like not to have a heavy steering during manoeuvres. I think, that this option can be noticed only in very slow driving\parking...

That's the only reason...
Aha. Ok. I must say i noticed that the d-bag in that clip was virtually steering the car without any effort from just the one hand barely even on the s/wheel....meaning the steering must be as light as a feather even at highish speeds. Personally I think if you have issues with turning the wheel on a P car it means you need to get yourself up to the gym and get some muscle on your bones...

Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speed21
Aha. Ok. I must say i noticed that the d-bag in that clip was virtually steering the car without any effort from just the one hand barely even on the s/wheel....meaning the steering must be as light as a feather even at highish speeds. Personally I think if you have issues with turning the wheel on a P car it means you need to get yourself up to the gym and get some muscle on your bones...
Mmm...no, my strenght is enough, only, i want something "relaxing" or "a little luxuous" when parking...this option was quite cheap and i found useful in my previous car, so i sayed, why not?
That was all...

Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Mmm...no, my strenght is enough, only, i want something "relaxing" or "a little luxuous" when parking...this option was quite cheap and i found useful in my previous car, so i sayed, why not?
That was all...
But have you driven a 991 with this option before ordering it? As i said going by the youtube clip the steering looked to be too light at higher speeds. I drove a 991 with the regular steering and at low speeds was much the same as my current 997 which is very easy and light when parking....gives great feel. I think if the steering was any lighter it may be a bit too assisted for a sports car like 911 imho. Its probably ok for a lady driver, but again not necessary imho. Btw have you owned a porsche before? The steering is very easy and progressive.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
I don't think comparing the cost, discounts or commonality of 991s between Italy and North America is either especially relevant or useful. I would also be inclined to give credence to what a local has to say unless there's a reason to doubt him.

In all fairness, the economy in Italy is really circling the drain and it seems plausible that Porsche sales aren't exactly booming and negotiating a decent discount on a 991 isn't so difficult because of that.

Of course I have no empirical evidence at hand to support this and am just stating what it seems like from the bleachers.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Sapster
I don't think comparing the cost, discounts or commonality of 991s between Italy and North America is either especially relevant or useful. I would also be inclined to give credence to what a local has to say unless there's a reason to doubt him.

In all fairness, the economy in Italy is really circling the drain and it seems plausible that Porsche sales aren't exactly booming and negotiating a decent discount on a 991 isn't so difficult because of that.

Of course I have no empirical evidence at hand to support this and am just stating what it seems like from the bleachers.
Kudos to You Sapster.

Usually, in my country, it's quite easy for all to obtain a 4% discount on any car and, if u are able enough you can obtain even more. I obtained a really good 8% less because: 1 - the situation of our economy. 2 - Maybe i was able to make a good deal.

As i wrote, i would like to post a scan of my deal, who proves what i'm saying but, i'm a little worried because of my privacy.

I wanted to send a private message to that Psycho, just to prove him i'm not a lier, but i noticed it's not possible to insert attachements in PM. Or there is a way?

Anyway if someone have an e-mail, i can send to him and then he can tell others i was honest.

Thank U very much, Sapster.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
But have you driven a 991 with this option before ordering it? As i said going by the youtube clip the steering looked to be too light at higher speeds. I drove a 991 with the regular steering and at low speeds was much the same as my current 997 which is very easy and light when parking....gives great feel. I think if the steering was any lighter it may be a bit too assisted for a sports car like 911 imho. Its probably ok for a lady driver, but again not necessary imho. Btw have you owned a porsche before? The steering is very easy and progressive.
Yes, i did owned Porsches before. And no, i never drove a Porsche with this option before, but i sayed, why not to have something confortable during boring traffic sessions...

I hope it won't really be too light...i'll tell u!

Last edited by Elias74; 03-20-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: To clarify.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Badandy is a jewel in the roughBadandy is a jewel in the roughBadandy is a jewel in the rough
Kudos to You Sapster.

Usually, in my country, it's quite easy for all to obtain a 4% discount on any car and, if u are able enough you can obtain even more. I obtained a really good 8% less because: 1 - the situation of our economy. 2 - Maybe i was able to make a good deal.

As i wrote, i would like to post a scan of my deal, who proves what i'm saying but, i'm a little worried because of my privacy.

I wanted to send a private message to that Psycho, just to prove him i'm not a lier, but i noticed it's not possible to insert attachements in PM. Or there is a way?

Anyway if someone have an e-mail, i can send to him and then he can tell others i was honest.

I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your car and post your impressions when you get it.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Badandy
I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy your car and post your impressions when you get it.
Completly agree.

I'll post asap!

Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I've cleaned this thread up and want it to stay that way...there is nothing wrong with members challenging one another and disputing claims...this is how we get to know one another....however, it needs to be done in a civil way...personal insults are never appropriate for this forum

Old 03-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by tromero
The 991S driver drives like a granny compared to this guy. This film was made in 1978 and although I don't condone this type of driving on public roads I do admit the sounds and senses stir the soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eidtc55ZqoU
This particular incident was discussed on a thread i posted up on the 997tt forum a week or so back. see link..
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-nannys-2.html

If you look at post #19 there is more info to consider. A few opinions were passed but if you ask me it could have been anything....even someone on a motor bike....

Yes, i did owned Porsches before. And no, i never drove a Porsche with this option before, but i sayed, why not to have something confortable during boring traffic sessions...

I hope it won't really be too light...i'll tell u!
Fair enough. I guess you have it now so......

Anyway have you got any pics to show yet?

Btw what Porsches have you owned?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I just watched the 991 video in it's entirety and dont' see what the big deal is. Living in Miami I see that kind of driving every day of the week, even with women drivers.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
gbhstrat is infamous around these parts
He is right about Naples

I don’t want to jump into the debate about this type of driving because the replies about driving this way are spot on. But….. I would agree with the author with his comments about “this is Naples…” For those that have never been to Naples Italy, I will speak up for the author of this thread and say that this type of driving is totally normal over there. I have been to Naples about 10 times and that city is friggin’ nuts when it comes to driving and their local law enforcement. Even the Italians in other cities make fun of Naples. I am an experienced track rat and I have driven in many countries around the world but I refuse to drive in Naples. I have had some of my most scary Taxi rides in Naples going to work and back and many taxi drivers act just like the just like the Porsche video except that may also be talking on the phone at the same time. Honestly, full throttle, yelling on the phone and passing and yelling at cars all at the same time with one hand one the wheel. I have had a Taxi go the wrong way down a one way (one car width) alley for at least three city blocks at aggressive speed to get to the other end before another car appears (I actually yelled at the guy that I am not in a hurry). The alley was so tight that if someone walked out a door and took one step it would have been lights out. They pass on both the right and left hand shoulders at almost any place on the road, including on ramps on and off ramps. One time I was in a Taxi and we were doing about 130 K when we took an exit ramp to the next freeway, he slowed a little but the car in front of us was doing about half his speed in the middle of an elevated ramp .... no problem, just pass on the right shoulder and hope the other guy moves over a little so you miss the big pole. Oh by the way, the pole has a sign on it saying no passing on shoulder. The other good story was when I was driving into work with my American co-worker who lives there. We go blasting through this stop sign during the morning rush hour to get to work without even hesitating. I ask “what up with ripping through the stop sign” as I am white knuckled holding on to the OH SH^% handles. His response, “nobody stops at that stop sign, if you stop, you may cause a car wreck because everyone knows to blow through the stop sign. I almost got killed the first time I stopped there”.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Kudos to You Sapster.

OK sure I'll give you my email... yeah, don't think so.
It started with you telling a C4S owner that a good driver doesn't need awd... and went down hill from there.
I didn't just question that 8% because I've never heard of anyone getting that on a newly released model... but because of some of your previous statements like...

"(in a forum where nobody knows who i am...) evryone can be wathever he wants to be."

And there are other statements but I'm not getting sucked into a pissing contest.
Everyone can make up their own minds about the things you say.

But just in case you missed it, Chucks post was directed at you!
As he stated "nothing wrong with members challenging one another and disputing claims...this is how we get to know one another....however, it needs to be done in a civil way...personal insults are never appropriate for this forum"

Clearly my statement was done in a civil way as is evident from my post, there was no aggression nor attack, just a little tong & cheek with "my spidy senses are tingling" a far cry from anything in appropriate...

Yours however was for me to go screw myself... so yes, his post was directed at you (while notifying everyone to keep things civil).
Hence your post was removed and mine was not.

The bottom line is, anytime anyone disagrees or questions what you say you become aggressive and insulting... I seriously doubt you'd get away with that in real life, certainly not with me!

After telling me to go screw myself I have zero interest in having any type of dialog with you, period.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sapster

You could be right, it does make sense... however hehehe yes there's a "however".

I was born and raised in Europe so I am aware of the pricing regulations between Countries.
Many years ago price savvy individuals would buy their Benz, BMW, Porsche etc in Germany (myself included).
Of course there where still import taxes etc. but the savings where significant.

This all changed after the Euro when new trade agreements where put in place to make sure one Country could not undercut another's countries markets 'cause many people would simply drive a few hours to save $$ on the purchase of a new 911.

Clearly things have changed over the last few years so it's possible these agreements have too... however it would be like shooting ones self in the foot.
Anything is possible though... but there are other 6 members from Italy here who could answer that better.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Banned
Funny how the OP has gone into smoke.....

Somethings rotten in Denmark.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: on board in a 991 Carrera S