Flooded with PDK Cars..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
carcommander is infamous around these parts
Mine was one of the launch cars. It happened to be what I would have ordered almost exactly. I got lucky. Alas no discount. I did ask.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:35 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by uhn2000
I was in the presence of my favourite Leaf ever yesterday, good old Doug Gilmore will post the pic later. It was really the last time I ever watched them properly, gave up after they dismantled what was a championship team. Too bad cause they super suck now, I think they lost again last night! Its amazing because they make so much money and fans keep paying to watch a losing team.
Go Rangers!!!!

Where's frank Mahavolich (sp) ????

Tom

Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
clee is infamous around these parts
Don't know about Canada too much, but in FL, automatics are 90%+ even in Porsches. At the local Porsche dealer they have 3 Panameras in the show room and 1 997.2 the last time I was there. I was the only person even looking at a 911, Boxster, or Cayman. Everyone else was checking out and test driving a Panamera or Cayenne. They only had 2 Cayenne available. Sad to say, manual 911s are going to be extremely slow sellers overall.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM
hashrogers is infamous around these parts
the dealer here seems to be sold out. all pdk models. no mt. They don't have too many allocations in canada. Cant wait for mine!!

Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Have a feeling you could be right on the money...

I wouldn't surprise me if the dealer has a person in charge for the builds ordered, I mean they are the once who are going to have to sell them...
So what you say makes sense, guess the guy I was talking to was the one ordering them and was too embarrassed to say so (after my analysis of the builds ... lets say I was quiet outspoken).

Cheers!
You? Outspoken? Shocking! NJ, while a small state, has 9 Porsche dealers and a big Porsche community (I don't know for sure but I have heard that the North Jersey PCA chapter is only smaller then Calif). And my dealer is one of the bigger dealers. When I ordered my 991S coupe (finally landed yesterday - one more week, I hope) my salesman mentioned that they were only getting 17 S coupes for the year. If they hit certain goals, they might get 2 more. With such limited allotments, and Porsche pushing PDK, it is possible that they are forcing dealers to take a certain number with that key option. But I think dealers want them, despite what they may say.

For people on the east coast, there is just so much traffic, when I drove my MT6 997, I often felt my leg was going to fall off from being in bumper-to-bumper traffic. And on track days, it is just easier to break, line up the turn and punch the paddles to get from 6 or 7 down to 3d so I went for the PDK.

It is just more likely that a guy like me will switch to a PDK car or that someone who wants a 991 and is not willing to subject themselves to the pain of waiting for what they want will settle for a PDK. A dealer is less likely to get stuck with it.

Just a guess. I will try to ask my sales guy when I pick mine up next week.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:40 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
And on track days, it is just easier to break, line up the turn and punch the paddles to get from 6 or 7 down to 3d so I went for the PDK.
I've only been to a few tracks...i guess it was on NJMP straights...in the PDK you hit 6/7?....any other tracks have you been to that you need to go from 6/7 to third.......I would like to try to get to there if its close to home.

thanks

Last edited by buck986; 03-23-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyv
Go Rangers!!!!

Where's frank Mahavolich (sp) ????

Tom
tom,

those were the days...(season ticket holder for 15 years before I moved)..was there when bruins went into stands.

yes...lets go rangers....gutsy team and boy do they work hard...

I wonder how man of them drive porsches...I saw some nice cars on HBO's Flyer/Ranger special but it was winter and no Porsches. I think the King was driving a BMW.

See you at C&C in the summer.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
You? Outspoken? Shocking!
It is just more likely that a guy like me will switch to a PDK car or that someone who wants a 991 and is not willing to subject themselves to the pain of waiting for what they want will settle for a PDK. A dealer is less likely to get stuck with it.

Just a guess. I will try to ask my sales guy when I pick mine up next week.
FUNNY

Re, PDK, it is by far one of the most engaging and dynamic auto trans. out there for sure!
If there was no other choice I'd still get a 991 with PDK it's absolutely amazing, that said I'm still partial to the MT... while it's still around

Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
I've only been to a few tracks...i guess it was on NJMP straights...in the PDK you hit 6/7?....any other tracks have you been to that you need to go from 6/7 to third.......I would like to try to get to there if its close to home.

thanks
It was Pocono actually. I could not run on NJMP without an additional role bar becuase I had a cab. Last summer, a good deal of the infield at Pocono was being "worked on" so we got to run most of the banked NASCAR portion of the track including two long straights and the big banked bowl turn. It was my first track experience and I would love to say I did great. I would love to say that, but I can't - I was a mess. But my instructer was very patient and I had a blast. Got the car over 150 on the home straight - but, we were driving clockwise, immediatly after you passed the start/finish line, you had to hit the brakes, downshift big time, and start a sharp right turn into the infield. I was freaked about breaking that hard and just had trouble finding lower gears, especially third for some reason. Let's just say that I learned exactly what everyone means about driving 911's being like driving a hammer thrown handle first.

It was awsome and I am looking forward to doing Thunderbolt and VIR with the NNJR -PCA this year, and a number of autoX's - which are probably more my speed, and definitely more within my skill level. Hope to see all of you there! The people I have met so far in PCA, in particular, have all been wonderful - its is as good an aspect of owning the car, as owning the car. If you are at one of these events, I will be in the silver 991 with NJ plates that says "AG ANIV" (the car was a silver (AG is the chemical symbol for silver) anniversary gift from my wife - well actually, the gift was the OK to spend the money on it), please stop over and say hello!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 AM
It was Pocono actually. I could not run on NJMP without an additional role bar becuase I had a cab. Last summer, a good deal of the infield at Pocono was being "worked on" so we got to run most of the banked NASCAR portion of the track including two long straights and the big banked bowl turn. It was my first track experience and I would love to say I did great. I would love to say that, but I can't - I was a mess. But my instructer was very patient and I had a blast. Got the car over 150 on the home straight - but, we were driving clockwise, immediatly after you passed the start/finish line, you had to hit the brakes, downshift big time, and start a sharp right turn into the infield. I was freaked about breaking that hard and just had trouble finding lower gears, especially third for some reason. Let's just say that I learned exactly what everyone means about driving 911's being like driving a hammer thrown handle first.

That's great... don't fret about it being a mess...I was so bad my first time on a track my instructor wouldn't let me shift!!!!

I've been to pocono but only on the short north course...scary when you get near the bank.

good job...you got out there and that's what is is all about.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 AM

It was awsome and I am looking forward to doing Thunderbolt and VIR with the NNJR -PCA this year, and a number of autoX's - which are probably more my speed, and definitely more within my skill level. Hope to see all of you there! The people I have met so far in PCA, in particular, have all been wonderful - its is as good an aspect of owning the car, as owning the car. If you are at one of these events, I will be in the silver 991 with NJ plates that says "AG ANIV" (the car was a silver (AG is the chemical symbol for silver) anniversary gift from my wife - well actually, the gift was the OK to spend the money on it), please stop over and say hello!
your right about the PCA..great group to join. I'm pretty active in my region.

I've learned so much and the members are great. Even if they fuel my addiction endlessly.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:00 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fbroen
Do the sales numbers back up these "slower" sales? My local dealer keeps one as a demo, sold any other allocations so far, and they mentioned the other day that their wait/delivery time for 991 ordered now is September.
Same experience at my dealer. He said most cars are sold the minute they arrive. It appears Porsche is releasing them to the market carefully so as not to flood the market. I expect that they anticipate that the majority of buyers will want the PDK, and that the sticks will be in the minority henceforth. The PDK has proven itself to be reliable.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:08 PM
your right about the PCA..great group to join. I'm pretty active in my region.

I've learned so much and the members are great. Even if they fuel my addiction endlessly.
You are so right about the addiction! Have you been on Thunderbolt? Is it too much for a novice like me? I am sure I will be better this time - and I know enough now to just slow down, no matter what the instructor says, if I am not comfortable going at higher speed.

I have seen a number of GrandAm races there and it seems like a nice facility overall - can't go this year - who had the bright idea of running it on Mother's day?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
FUNNY

Re, PDK, it is by far one of the most engaging and dynamic auto trans. out there for sure!
If there was no other choice I'd still get a 991 with PDK it's absolutely amazing, that said I'm still partial to the MT... while it's still around
Sid - my 991s, with PDK, was delivered off of the ship on Tuesday and I have hopes to be driving it a week from today. I thought I would hate it, and I loved it. Not sure what I would do if one of my other cars was not manual to scratch that itch when I get it, but PDK was the first option I ordered. That said, I complerely understand why others might not like it - I don't think there is a really bad choice here, other than not getting what you want.

I am looking forward to being able to post pictures - I just need to figure out how to do it.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
tom,

those were the days...(season ticket holder for 15 years before I moved)..was there when bruins went into stands.

yes...lets go rangers....gutsy team and boy do they work hard...

I wonder how man of them drive porsches...I saw some nice cars on HBO's Flyer/Ranger special but it was winter and no Porsches. I think the King was driving a BMW.

See you at C&C in the summer.
Yeah Mike....those were the days!!

I was a fan when there were only 6 Teams in the League and Gump Worsley (God rest his soul) was the goalie and routinely made 50 saves a night. I was there when Andy Bathgate scored on a penalty shot against the Red Wings to put the Rangers into the playoffs....same night Gordei Howe scored his 500th!

Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll shoot you some pics of the car....she's almost done....I'll have her by next Friday!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this Summer (especially the girls in their bikinis....only problem is they used to look back!)

Best,

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flooded with PDK Cars..