Flooded with PDK Cars..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Flooded with PDK Cars..

Been checking dealer inventories online and I am amazed at the # of PDK cars they have in inventory from both 2011 and 2012 (997/991). Granted the 991 is still only arriving in PDK I wonder whether some are holding out to buy the new rides waiting for the 7speed manual??. Or those that want a 991 PDK are custom ordering versus buying off the lot?? When I was helping my friend shop in the fall for a new 997.2 there were quite a few well optioned out 6MT 997.2s, now its just the crumbs and lots of PDK.

**No this is not a thread for PDK versus MT. I was just curious because from what I am seeing Porsche Canada is having a hard time moving the current inventory so far. Now take the Cayenne and Panamera; still after being out for a few years there is still low supply and for the Cayenne there is not 1 in stock, anywhere! I wonder whether the weather is playing a role but I can't see that being the case it feels like summer here.

My dealer has personally told me that the cars are not moving at the pace they expected and he thinks that a lot of Canadians are waiting for the 4(S) models. Pretty interesting analysis thats all; 911s have never been big movers but you would think that for a new big splash model there would be people lining up at the door! Does not seem to be the case...? :roll eyes: I think discounts are coming.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:43 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
They're all waiting for the new Cayman.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Well you know what I think of that? Go Leafs Go ... UGH.

Yes a big, disappointed Leafs fan here in California.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Maybe P is just delivering on their agreed emmissions targets. If you want a manual, order one and to hell with the few extra Co2's i say. Just means there will be some deals around on those PDk's if they can't shift em. Hey now here's an idea. Boycott buying anything PDK and wait for end of financial year sales.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Been checking dealer inventories online and I am amazed at the # of PDK cars they have in inventory from both 2011 and 2012 (997/991). Granted the 991 is still only arriving in PDK I wonder whether some are holding out to buy the new rides waiting for the 7speed manual??. Or those that want a 991 PDK are custom ordering versus buying off the lot?? When I was helping my friend shop in the fall for a new 997.2 there were quite a few well optioned out 6MT 997.2s, now its just the crumbs and lots of PDK.

**No this is not a thread for PDK versus MT. I was just curious because from what I am seeing Porsche Canada is having a hard time moving the current inventory so far. Now take the Cayenne and Panamera; still after being out for a few years there is still low supply and for the Cayenne there is not 1 in stock, anywhere! I wonder whether the weather is playing a role but I can't see that being the case it feels like summer here.

My dealer has personally told me that the cars are not moving at the pace they expected and he thinks that a lot of Canadians are waiting for the 4(S) models. Pretty interesting analysis thats all; 911s have never been big movers but you would think that for a new big splash model there would be people lining up at the door! Does not seem to be the case...? :roll eyes: I think discounts are coming.
You raise a LOT of interesting points.

Here in socal, pdk out numbers mt about 2-3:1 in the carrera lines. But I think that is to be expected as porsche is trying to widen the market. I've said this before, and I'll say it again...I could never ever buy a mt for street driving in California.

The most interesting point that you brought up is that the 991 is not moving as fast as they thought they would. At least in socal (not in texas or other states) they are starting to collect dust. I too smell deep discounts on the '12 models, which works out perfectly for me. I love it and relish these fine moments. Dealers who snubbed me when I asked for a discount are now frantically calling me to strike a deal. Ha! I love how the winds are changing in my favor.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:10 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by No.92
Well you know what I think of that? Go Leafs Go ... UGH.

Yes a big, disappointed Leafs fan here in California.
I was in the presence of my favourite Leaf ever yesterday, good old Doug Gilmore will post the pic later. It was really the last time I ever watched them properly, gave up after they dismantled what was a championship team. Too bad cause they super suck now, I think they lost again last night! Its amazing because they make so much money and fans keep paying to watch a losing team.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by Inglorious
You raise a LOT of interesting points.

Here in socal, pdk out numbers mt about 2-3:1 in the carrera lines. But I think that is to be expected as porsche is trying to widen the market. I've said this before, and I'll say it again...I could never ever buy a mt for street driving in California.

The most interesting point that you brought up is that the 991 is not moving as fast as they thought they would. At least in socal (not in texas or other states) they are starting to collect dust. I too smell deep discounts on the '12 models, which works out perfectly for me. I love it and relish these fine moments. Dealers who snubbed me when I asked for a discount are now frantically calling me to strike a deal. Ha! I love how the winds are changing in my favor.
Ha! So funny, 1st time I walked into the dealer when he had a few 991's on the lot I was naturally excited. I told him to flip me out of mine and into something new, he told me "no discounts right now and for the foreseeable future.." guess we will see..

Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
I knw that my MT car was the first MT allocation my dealer was given the completion date was last Thursday and it is due into port next Tuesday.

I would expect to start to see the MT cars showing up soon.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
I got about 2.5% off sticker when ordering my 991 MT. in NYC I think they are selling the crap out of PDK cars.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Mark Harris is infamous around these parts
Interesting reading.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i have also been amazed at the PDK inventories in canada. we know the 991 came out that way, but the collection of GTS and turbo variants has a remarkable head count of PDK's.

i wonder if there is some back end discoutning to the dealors. they are still asking the same premiums for PDK & lets face it SC has to be added, so the prices are the same but they have rolled off a lot of the original development costs so it would be easy to kick back to the dealor.

Last edited by Cpa4S; 03-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speed21
Maybe P is just delivering on their agreed emmissions targets. If you want a manual, order one and to hell with the few extra Co2's i say. Just means there will be some deals around on those PDk's if they can't shift em. Hey now here's an idea. Boycott buying anything PDK and wait for end of financial year sales.
I think thats part of it, thats why that other little suv is coming out.
I bet they produce a boat load of those things.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yep noticed the same thing.
I think the main reason for all those PDK's is the extra $$, the fact they won't have to deal with costly warranty repairs because of owners "varying" driving styles and because it is a very, very good system.

I'm waiting for a MT cause I figure if you're going to spend that kind of$$ might as well get exactly what you want!

That said, the wait is sooo damn long though that I had my dealer give me all the builds for coming lot allocations just to see if I could make one work.
Guess what... the builds are ridiculous!

MT with SC, PDK without CS, 140K builds but you have seats with a handle to move it back and forth or my personal favorite... a base which have virtually EVERYTHING on it and cost more than nicely loaded S...

Seems these build are done by the factory and the dealer has no say in it.
Regardless I'm dying to see what the new C4S is going to look like!

Cheers!
Sid,
At least here in the lower 48, I understand that the dealers have a lot to say about some of the options. I called one dealer and not a single car ordered with voice control - guy who orders them does not like that option. Another dealer, it was hard to find a car without VC.

Strange.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Do the sales numbers back up these "slower" sales? My local dealer keeps one as a demo, sold any other allocations so far, and they mentioned the other day that their wait/delivery time for 991 ordered now is September.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by fbroen
Do the sales numbers back up these "slower" sales? My local dealer keeps one as a demo, sold any other allocations so far, and they mentioned the other day that their wait/delivery time for 991 ordered now is September.
Wow - unreal September! Don't know how true that is for Canada but thats crazy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flooded with PDK Cars..