PDCC vs. Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
tmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to behold
PDCC vs. Aftermarket

In the several discussions about the value of PDCC, several posters have made what sounds like a worthwhile suggestion: "Get it because, if you don't, you may regret it later on." What about aftermarket suspension mods later on? What kind of results could an owner expect vs. a PDCC equipped car. I'm guessing that the answer will be that the modded car could easily equal, or exceed, the performance of the PDCC car at the expense of some every day ride comfort. I would appreciate the thoughts of some suspension experts.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
You can do anything aftermarket with enough money. The big deal is sacrificing ride quality, and from my understanding, this is where the PDCC shines.

What is the cost of the PDCC? I know quality suspension setups are not cheap and then there is the warranty issues.

I would go for the PDCC. But that is me.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
PDCC in a sport car ?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
PDCC is too complicated to be done as a mod later on, certainly not worth the risk in my opinion. Either get it from factory, or get a 991 without it and see if you miss it.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
My understanding is that PDCC will prevent body lean up to .85g then it will lean a little. There is no affect on ride quality or firmness with PDCC.
But there is not an improvement of steering accuracy, decrease in understeer, steering feedback, and etc.
Aftermarket suspensions will make the ride more firm and cause more road noise. But it will do all the positive things that I mentioned above that PDCC does not do.
I think they really are not the same thing and can not be substituted for each other.
I would get both PDCC and PTV if I was getting a 991.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I would say that, if you can afford it, just get the PDCC. I haven't heard of any one regretting getting PDCC, despite the cost. Even my wife can appreciate not being sloshed around (admittedly relative term) when making a 90 deg turn.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
While the PDCC is untested against quality aftermarket, you best bet it will not be able to compete with a full aftermarket suspension. Quality coilovers like Moton's have been notorious for being able to maintain factory like ride quality and superior performance. Plus the ability to tune the suspension to your liking (and level of driving skill, tires, track etc.).

However I would say, unless you plan to track it a lot, probably go with the PDCC as all of the stuff I mentioned is overkill (performance and money) for the street IMO. Even moderate track you can probably stick with the PDCC. Plus will likely help with resale value.