White Cab/Red Top?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
I like that car in the video. I really liked one that was posted somewhere that was Agate with a red top. Very classic look.

The dirt comment would be relevant to me. So I would act 57 and not get red.

A friend has a white '83 SC with a black top. Looks sharp to this day.

Oh, and I got your marathon / age is relative comment. Thought it was helpful context to your state of mind.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne958
White/Red top looks very good, Silver/Red top will look even better!!!!
+1, would be my choice for a Cab!

Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tgcrun
I didn't expect such a diverse group of answers, but thanks for them all.

Aamersa, I don't even know what a plonker is. I haven't had a convertible in a long time, and I already have a coupe, so the plonker thing isn't going to change my mind. Anyway, since when is Clarkson the arbiter of good taste? Have you seen the guy's hair and clothes?

Onetime, I actually am pretty sure of myself. I'm a real estate agent, I have to be pretty confident to make money. However, I do care about what other people think. I can afford to have my hair dyed orange, but I'm certainly not about to do that. Then again, if it gets any grayer I just might think about it.

REK125, Strangers? I've been reading posts on this forum for quite a while, and most of the members seem more like friends than strangers. I, and many others on this forum, value their opinions. I'm not asking for an approval, I'm just asking for thoughts. As far as my marathon comment, my point (okay, so it was somewhat indirect) is that I might be 57, but I can physically keep up with a 27 year old (well, not in all ways), and sometimes I think I AM a 27 year old (my wife continually reminds me that I'm not). So maybe a red roof is too flashy for a 57 year old but not for a 27 year old. Hmmmmm

Everyone else, thanks for the useful comments, including that of tommyv who said it was just awful. I hadn't thought about the dirt and fading issue and the fact that it would look better with a red interior (which I like, but I'm not going to pay extra for). I'll probably opt for black because it's more practical. Gee, I'm sounding like a 57 year old.
Do what you like because anyone who can run a sub 3 hour marathon can keep up with anyone

Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Onetime
Do what you like because anyone who can run a sub 3 hour marathon can keep up with anyone
Hey....I'm 64 so maybe that has something to do with the way I look at this! and believe me; I am not conservative (I do PTS always!)!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Ever consider white with the dark blue interior? Could be a lovely combo.

I'm a Real Estate Broker as well. IF you can actually get a human in the back seat, I could imagine a top down ride to a showing with a client for a real "feel" of the neighborhood.

I'm not a cab guy, but I'm still wondering if I can ditch my land rover now thanks to the new longer wheelbase.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
I think the car in the video looks absolutely fantastic! The red top adds to the car even when the roof is down, and with it up it looks just as good as black.

A black top is a "safer" choice I guess. But I say go for red!

Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
I'm hoping to pull the trigger next week for a June delivery. Maybe I'll just open the brochure, close my eyes and pick one.

fbroen, Glad you got the marathon comment. Thanks for the info on your friend's car. Very helpful.

Onetime, I'll tell ya, it's gettin' tougher to keep up with those young guys. But one of the nice things is I run at the same pace as some pretty fit women, and there's nothing like following a couple of them for 26 miles.

jordanpryce, I was a commercial broker in Fairfield Co. and Westchester Co. before scaling back and moving to sleepy central Pennsylvania to sell houses. Yeah, it'll be tough fitting clients in the back of the cab, but I tend to work with a lot of single people and do a lot of non-showing running around (home inspections, picking up paperwork, etc.), so I hope to get a lot of business use out of it. What do you think about slapping some magnetic real estate signs on it? Are you residential or commercial? Manhattan or suburbs?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:14 PM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
I work in the city. Mostly in property acquisition for development, with some residential sales thrown in to pay the bills in between the big jobs. Luckily, I'll never have to put stupid signs on my car.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
I actually have a couple of magnetic signs. I live in State College, home of Penn State University. We have a big homecoming parade, and they're always looking for convertibles to drive various kings and queens in the parade. Our current Porsche is a coupe, but back when we had our '90 Cab, I'd slap the signs on it and drive in the parade. That will NOT happen with the 991. I'm assuming you live in the suburbs and are not using the Porsche to cruise around Manhattan. Although, back in the late '70s I would regulary drive my Alfa spider in the city. Never locked it, because I figured I'd rather someone just open the door than slash the top. By the way, my wife's from College Point, Queens.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I live in brooklyn, and yeah the roads still stink. That's one of the main reasons I didn't order an S. 19's are already risky. 20's are asking for trouble...

I drive a BMW z4 now, because I'd never buy a boxster with the soft top here. Same fears all these years later...

Last edited by jordanpryce; 03-23-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: more to add
Old 03-23-2012, 06:42 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
I live in brooklyn, and yeah the roads still stink. That's one of the main reasons I didn't order an S. 19's are already risky. 20's are asking for trouble...

I drive a BMW z4 now, because I'd never buy a boxster with the soft top here. Same fears all these years later...
I was born in Brooklyn just off Bay Ridge Blvd. My parents moved us to CT when I was 5. I still have an affection for that place.

ChuckJ

Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
that vid looks really good with the red top. i know i didn't like it on the various RS 60 spyder Boxsters, but it looked good in the ad.

bottom line - red top with black interior would be nicer contrast than red interior - that is seeing tooo much red.

not quite sure why a red top would show more dirt? there is a lot of light coloured dirt out there - never really had a big issue with my convertable tops.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
+1 to the red top with red interior. Get some white stitching too, and you've got a sharp configuration!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 AM
6sol4me is infamous around these parts
I really like the white+red top combo and i'm considering this option. I'm still not clear about the interior color... does anyone know what color the interior is on the Porsche website? (the 911 gallery).... I beiieve it's not black and I'm thinking it's "expresso"... any idea?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the car in the video looks fabulous, go for red.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Cab/Red Top?