White Cab/Red Top?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 6speedonline4me
I really like the white+red top combo and i'm considering this option. I'm still not clear about the interior color... does anyone know what color the interior is on the Porsche website? (the 911 gallery).... I beiieve it's not black and I'm thinking it's "expresso"... any idea?
Hard to tell actually, in some pics it looks Espresso, but it might be Agathe Grey. Despite the name, that color has a slightly brownish hue to it.

As for the original question, I would go with a red top only if I got the red interior...

Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Royalton is infamous around these partsRoyalton is infamous around these parts
Red looks more reasonable when his wife drives it, a bit like a borrowed car when He does, at least on a White car...just my 2 cents.

Royalton
2012 911 Carrera S Cabriolet

Carrara White
Espresso natural leather interior
PDK
Sport Chrono package
Model Logo on center Console
Porsche crest in Headrests
Sport design steering wheel
wheels HRE P40SC Satin Black
Burmeister (R) Audio Package
Premium package with 14 way seats
Cabriolet roof in black

Old 04-29-2012, 03:17 PM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
My dealer has one on the lot that I just eyeballed. Really stunning. The red top from the rear with the taillights and bumper reflectors looks fantastic. I would definitely order that combo if I was getting a cab. A big WIN!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM
6sol4me is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eagleeye
My dealer has one on the lot that I just eyeballed. Really stunning. The red top from the rear with the taillights and bumper reflectors looks fantastic. I would definitely order that combo if I was getting a cab. A big WIN!
what was the interior color of that one?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tgcrun
... I'm 57 but can run a sub 3 hour marathon. Is a red top too much at my age? Should I be conservative and get a black top?
No, I believe you are as young and vibrant in life as you want to be. The shade of the red top is sophisticated and mature to suit either red or black interior.

Enjoy life

Originally Posted by uhn2000
Thanks for the link to another well made and thoughtful Porsche commercial...

Attached Images  

Last edited by muifast; 04-30-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:15 PM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
Originally Posted by 6speedonline4me
what was the interior color of that one?
Cannot recall. Too busy oogling the exterior. Porsche Audi of Melbourne Fl if you want to look see on the interweb.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
James355 is infamous around these parts
I have always liked red convertible tops on white or silver Porsches, Volkswagens and BMW's.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
James355 is infamous around these parts
Furthermore, in the end, if you didn't like it you could change it. Replacing a rag top is not as expensive as changing the color of the paint.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
It's been over a month since I started this thread, and I ended up ordering a white car with a black top. However, I just saw some pics of an aqua blue cab. Thinking about a color switch if it's not too late.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tgcrun
It's been over a month since I started this thread, and I ended up ordering a white car with a black top. However, I just saw some pics of an aqua blue cab. Thinking about a color switch if it's not too late.
Yes, hurry and switch to blue without a second thought. Any color is more interesting than white. I've seen many white porsches and they're not too impressive. Color is very subjective and this is just my opinion, no offense to white car owners.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
jmac is infamous around these parts
FWIW, I saw an absolutely jaw-dropping White 991 S Cabriolet in the Pfaff (Toronto) dealership yesterday. It had a red full leather interior, that I would have thought would have been too much, but it was gorgeous... It really surprised me how much I liked it...

Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jmac
FWIW, I saw an absolutely jaw-dropping White 991 S Cabriolet in the Pfaff (Toronto) dealership yesterday. It had a red full leather interior, that I would have thought would have been too much, but it was gorgeous... It really surprised me how much I liked it...

That is the exact color I am considering. I would LOvE to see it in person. Which dealer is it as I'm only a couple of hours away! I really want to see that red in person before I order.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:02 PM
CO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud ofCO997 has much to be proud of
Just realized you mentioned the dealer. Going to see if I can make it up there soon!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aamersa
Well if you consider Clarkson's undiplomatic, not politically correct, but very realistic review (available below on this forum) you should avoid the cabs unless you want to look a plonker.
Do tell us - what is a plonker? Is it, say, someone stupid enough to run out of fuel on the side of the road?

Seriously pal, why do you keep up with the snide remarks? What on earth is your problem? Leave it alone. You've already embarrassed yourself several times. Do you think if you keep making stupid remarks like this and hoping they don't get noticed you are gaining something?