White Cab/Red Top?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
White Cab/Red Top?

Any thoughts on a white Cab with a red top and black interior? My first true convertible was a 1978 Alfa Spider, white with black top and interior. I haven't owned a white car since. My Porsches have been red, silver and Atlas gray. My other cars have mostly been silver or some shade of gray. I'll be keeping our silver 09 C4S coupe (wife's dd), so I don't want another silver car. Demographically, I'm 57 but can run a sub 3 hour marathon. Is a red top too much at my age? Should I be conservative and get a black top?

Old 03-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
You sound unsure of yourself. Forget your age, get what you want it's your hard earned money and screw what others think you should get.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Just for the ease of maintenance I would go with the black top myself.
Even though red will give a beautiful contrast, it will start showing dirty marks soon.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Well if you consider Clarkson's undiplomatic, not politically correct, but very realistic review (available below on this forum) you should avoid the cabs unless you want to look a plonker.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Red would be awful....just awful!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
REK125 is a jewel in the roughREK125 is a jewel in the roughREK125 is a jewel in the roughREK125 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tgcrun
Any thoughts on a white Cab with a red top and black interior? My first true convertible was a 1978 Alfa Spider, white with black top and interior. I haven't owned a white car since. My Porsches have been red, silver and Atlas gray. My other cars have mostly been silver or some shade of gray. I'll be keeping our silver 09 C4S coupe (wife's dd), so I don't want another silver car. Demographically, I'm 57 but can run a sub 3 hour marathon. Is a red top too much at my age? Should I be conservative and get a black top?
Why would you even ask the question? Do you really require the approval of strangers before making a decision on the color of an automobile top? Does the marathon time make a difference in color preference?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tgcrun
I love it Not sure I would order it but I think its super nice!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Who gives a shiny nickel what Clarkson thinks? Why such negative replies for a question?
If you like it..do it. Sheep are everywhere.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by REK125
Why would you even ask the question? Do you really require the approval of strangers before making a decision on the color of an automobile top? Does the marathon time make a difference in color preference?
As many others do here he's just looking for opinions, nothing wrong with that.
When in doubt it's always good to get some feed back from others.

To tgcrun, I actually like the white with red top however I think you'd have to go with the all red int. as well... which is a little much for me.
It also depends if your leasing or buying (keeping it longer), I tend to agree that red is probably more prone to fade and stain over time so if it's lease I say go for it, if purchasing it say stick with black.

Cheers!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Who gives a dull nickel what Clarkson thinks? Why such negative replies for a question?
If you like it..do it. Sheep are everywhere.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
At airport on phone..can't edit..is shiny even a word? :-)

Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
i would do black top red interior.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tonka858
i would do black top red interior.
Nice contrast!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
I didn't expect such a diverse group of answers, but thanks for them all.

Aamersa, I don't even know what a plonker is. I haven't had a convertible in a long time, and I already have a coupe, so the plonker thing isn't going to change my mind. Anyway, since when is Clarkson the arbiter of good taste? Have you seen the guy's hair and clothes?

Onetime, I actually am pretty sure of myself. I'm a real estate agent, I have to be pretty confident to make money. However, I do care about what other people think. I can afford to have my hair dyed orange, but I'm certainly not about to do that. Then again, if it gets any grayer I just might think about it.

REK125, Strangers? I've been reading posts on this forum for quite a while, and most of the members seem more like friends than strangers. I, and many others on this forum, value their opinions. I'm not asking for an approval, I'm just asking for thoughts. As far as my marathon comment, my point (okay, so it was somewhat indirect) is that I might be 57, but I can physically keep up with a 27 year old (well, not in all ways), and sometimes I think I AM a 27 year old (my wife continually reminds me that I'm not). So maybe a red roof is too flashy for a 57 year old but not for a 27 year old. Hmmmmm

Everyone else, thanks for the useful comments, including that of tommyv who said it was just awful. I hadn't thought about the dirt and fading issue and the fact that it would look better with a red interior (which I like, but I'm not going to pay extra for). I'll probably opt for black because it's more practical. Gee, I'm sounding like a 57 year old.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:36 PM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by uhn2000
I love it Not sure I would order it but I think its super nice!

http://youtu.be/eaGwC4it9t8
Very nice video, really enjoyed it. But the affluent family only got a 911 cab for 4 people?

White/Red top looks very good, Silver/Red top will look even better!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White Cab/Red Top?