Lease deals on 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 PM
hashrogers is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the suggestions. The main purpose of the lease is to change cars. maybe not in 6 months but in a couple of years. However, i learnt today the porsche financial does not transfer leases. Or if they do, you remain a co lessee and liable if the new owner does not pay. That upsets the card a little.

in canada its a different ball game. the price of the car is 130k +taxes.
Which equates to 147k for the c2s and you pay about 90k for the 3 year period. 108k for 4 years with a buy out at 60k+tax. so total interest cost over 4 years is 28k

Old 03-27-2012, 05:46 AM
P-car Fan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hashrogers
Thanks for the suggestions. The main purpose of the lease is to change cars. maybe not in 6 months but in a couple of years. However, i learnt today the porsche financial does not transfer leases. Or if they do, you remain a co lessee and liable if the new owner does not pay. That upsets the card a little.

in canada its a different ball game. the price of the car is 130k +taxes.
Which equates to 147k for the c2s and you pay about 90k for the 3 year period. 108k for 4 years with a buy out at 60k+tax. so total interest cost over 4 years is 28k
You have another option to get out of a lease early--sell the car at or more than the current buy-out and you are good to go. As someone already pointed out earlier in this thread, if you do keep the car to the end of the lease term, then its a good idea to get trade in or purchase values (carmax, etc) before lease end because you may actually make money if you sell it outright before simply turning it back into Porsche at the lease end (I believe that Porsche also charges a $300 fee when you turn the car back in unless you lease another Porsche)

Old 03-27-2012, 05:55 AM
P-car Fan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 9114S2
In my particular case, i put the $120k to work thru investments and actually make more money than the 4-6% i pay in finance charges - it's just a matter of perspective and preference....

)
DING DING DING you got it right! I don't know why anyone would tie up $100k plus in an auto (clearly no investment potential) when you can keep all that extra cash working for you in real investments while financing or leasing
Whoever would say that "affordability" is based on paying cash up front or not for a car is crazy and doesn't understand the basics of return on investments

Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM
hashrogers is infamous around these parts
Agreed ! Thanks. Going for it. Leasing

Wow. Excited. Will post pics soon.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Wow Downtown Porsche has quite a few cabs in stock, guess these just game:

http://dfcporsche.com/new/Porsche/911/search.php

Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
stardoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
i buy a new car every 6 months to a year at most, and usually break even or make money because i have no financing charges and I always negotiate heavily on the purchase..

i guess if you had to pay finance charges then the lease makes more sense because finance charges rape you...

i honestly would not even own a porsche if i could not buy it outright with cash, as that just seems like a waste of money to pay all that interest on borrowed money to buy a luxury item.. thats like putting a vacation on a CC or something because you cant afford it.
That can only work if you buy used. There is no way you'd break even buying a new. That said, why would anyone tie up their cash in a depreciable asset when the money can be working for you? Finance charges are like 2.9% these days, which are negligible.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
tgcrun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by uhn2000
Wow Downtown Porsche has quite a few cabs in stock, guess these just game:

http://dfcporsche.com/new/Porsche/911/search.php
I found that when I was looking for a 997 back in 2005 many of the cars on the dealers' web sites were already spoken for because their inventories showed cars on hand, cars in transit, and customer ordered cars. Some might think that there are a lot of unsold 991s out there when the search dealers' inventories, but that might not actually be the case.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Los Angeles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
leases are always horrible on porsches, u should know this...

never understood why anyone would lease a sports car.... isn't it meant as a "luxury" i.e.. something you buy when you can afford it? not saying people that lease cannot afford, because they always end of paying more than everyone else... but why not buy and subsequently sell and lose less than what your paying in lease payments?

always been a pet peeve.. everyone leasing but nobody knowing why they do it besides to "save money" in some way/shape/form...
Some people lease because the depreciation on a car that weighs less that 4,000 lbs (I think thats the number) has a useful live according to the IRS of 30 years. But a lease can be expensed in the year its paid. SO if your acquiring under a company that you may own the after tax cost of a lease is much cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:52 PM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Some people lease because the depreciation on a car that weighs less that 4,000 lbs (I think thats the number) has a useful live according to the IRS of 30 years. But a lease can be expensed in the year its paid. SO if your acquiring under a company that you may own the after tax cost of a lease is much cheaper.

Hope this helps.
Agree. For companies, cars can only be depreciated only So much per year whereas leases can typically be expensed in full.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne958
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwEtcnpFsQ

Do you think she'll approve your numbers??? (I am not sure if she will on mine... )

BTW, how can you "usually" break even or even make money after buying a new car and sell it in 6 mo -1 year? I thought the moment you drive the car out of dealer lot, 15-20% of the value is gone + you have to pay tax & fees....

Can you share the details?
I enjoy watching her deny people.

I wonder if she would deny forum members here.

I don't watch her show religiously...so please correct me if I am wrong. But I believe she always says that people should always buy their cars and should never lease them.

Last edited by Inglorious; 06-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:32 AM
skinzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by P-car Fan
DING DING DING you got it right! I don't know why anyone would tie up $100k plus in an auto (clearly no investment potential) when you can keep all that extra cash working for you in real investments while financing or leasing
Whoever would say that "affordability" is based on paying cash up front or not for a car is crazy and doesn't understand the basics of return on investments
Paid cash for my car. Cash came from an investment I made. Hummmm.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by skinzy
Paid cash for my car. Cash came from an investment I made. Hummmm.
That's precisely P-Car Fan's point. Why did you tie up your cash instead of doing it again?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM
skinzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dlchasen
That's precisely P-Car Fan's point. Why did you tie up your cash instead of doing it again?
Because I'm not Warren Buffet! Got lucky with Apple! Next time it might be a loss? The Opportunity Cost of Capital in this market is probably 3-5%. Porsche raises its prices by that amount each year. I plan on holding this car for at least 9 years. No way would 3- 3 year leases be cheaper. + I don't need to drive a new car every 3 years. That hit is probably $15-20K each time.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by skinzy
Because I'm not Warren Buffet! Got lucky with Apple! Next time it might be a loss? The Opportunity Cost of Capital in this market is probably 3-5%. Porsche raises its prices by that amount each year. I plan on holding this car for at least 9 years. No way would 3- 3 year leases be cheaper. + I don't need to drive a new car every 3 years. That hit is probably $15-20K each time.
If by investing you mean tossing the dice in the stock market, I agree with your decision. Many people, however, have investment opportunities which yield well into double digits, and tying up capital in cars makes no sense. The length of ownership is irrelevant since you could always lease for three years and buy at the end.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Not my quote...but I like it

"For me, i have the concept that you are actually renting the car as you will sell it one day so the value you lose is what you paid for rent."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lease deals on 991