First Pictures of my silver 991S with red/black interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Hopefully a paintless repair will do the trick.

Lightweight aluminum doors do dent a bit easier I think?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
Less than 72 hours and the first dent in the driver's side door
I've always parked my car way out in the parking lot, but lately I've found people parking next to me anyway. Fortunately, no door dings but is anyone else experiencing this?

ChuckJ

Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I've always parked my car way out in the parking lot, but lately I've found people parking next to me anyway. Fortunately, no door dings but is anyone else experiencing this?

ChuckJ
Yup, and I got a ding on the GT3 in the worst place possible too. Its right on top of the right rear wheel well. No one would touch it unless I am willing to paint the whole quarter panel!!!

Here are a couple pictures of it and they were taken right after a short summer shower...

-- sorry about the pictures, the upload keeps on kicking me off -- can you kind folks tell me how to do it? Got it... file size was too big...

Attached Images   

Last edited by muifast; 04-02-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Sorry to hear that...F'en NJ and their stupid parking lot measurement laws.

Dent wizard (paintless dent removal) can take care of it.
You could have ended the sentence after the "NJ". It was a very tight lot and no way to park it in some out of the way place. Me and the dent wiz are going to be spending a lot of quality time together - good thing that high priced insurance I bough with the car covers this for 5 years!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by muifast
Yup, and I got a ding on the GT3 in the worst place possible too. Its right on top of the right rear wheel well. No one would touch it unless I am willing to paint the whole quarter panel!!!

Here are a couple pictures of it and they were taken right after a short summer shower...

-- sorry about the pictures, the upload keeps on kicking me off -- can you kind folks tell me how to do it? Got it... file size was too big...
That truly does #&%@! I truly feel your pain. I expect that if you start a thread, others more knowledgable will come to your aid. Good luck!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM
tmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to beholdtmg57 is a splendid one to behold
I've had the same thing on my 997 for 3 years with the same result - no one will touch it. I wonder if the 991 has a different panel constuction that would allow a repair in this very vulnerable spot?

Last edited by tmg57; 04-02-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Oooooh dude that sucks!!!
People have no respect for things others worked hard for...
Even worse, they sometimes even go out of there way to damage things out of envy.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tmg57
I've had the same thing on my 997 for 3 years with the same result - no one will touch it. I wonder if the 991 has a different panel constuction that would allow a repair in this very vulnerable spot?
The problem in this area is that its double walled, so its difficult to get access from underneath the fender to push it out. And I was not willing to experiment with major suction force to this tiny dent.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
I am so sorry! At least, the cherry been broken now. Enjoy the car in good health!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by gleek48
I am so sorry! At least, the cherry been broken now. Enjoy the car in good health!
Thanks,
I go in on the 16th to have it addressed. Now I am glad I purchased the insurance coverage for the wheels and tires that had the additional coverage for dings

Any new news on your ride?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks,
I go in on the 16th to have it addressed. Now I am glad I purchased the insurance coverage for the wheels and tires that had the additional coverage for dings

Any new news on your ride?
It's at port and there is no definitive ETA. Could be a day or who knows. Been at port since Saturday!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by gleek48
It's at port and there is no definitive ETA. Could be a day or who knows. Been at port since Saturday!
Good times are coming! It is a great car. You are going to love it!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
I park out of the way like 15+ spaces and some one with a huge pile of ****
Oldsmobile with 30 stuffed animals in the rear window, will get as close as possible.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=Psycho Sid;3502943]Yeah it really looks amazing...
It reminds me a lot of the the Maserati Granturismo S interior.
BTW test drove that on Friday (I know my impatience at work ) and ehmmm well... I think I'm in trouble .

Had to come here to check out this beauty to remind myself

what I'm waiting for .

Couple of observations.
1. Second pic of ms pretty...CUTE!
2. AG991 car is very nice indeed.
I would drive that anytime.

3. Reason for logging on and quoting post..
P sid. You liked the Italian or no?
The gt s mc has my attention is why I'm curious...also looking at 991S.

On phone and might have chopped some of your post..can't tell until i press submit.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
[quote=PRS 7;3505991]
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yeah it really looks amazing...
It reminds me a lot of the the Maserati Granturismo S interior.
BTW test drove that on Friday (I know my impatience at work ) and ehmmm well... I think I'm in trouble .

Had to come here to check out this beauty to remind myself

what I'm waiting for .

Couple of observations.
1. Second pic of ms pretty...CUTE!
2. AG991 car is very nice indeed.
I would drive that anytime.

3. Reason for logging on and quoting post..
P sid. You liked the Italian or no?
The gt s mc has my attention is why I'm curious...also looking at 991S.

On phone and might have chopped some of your post..can't tell until i press submit.
Yeah like the exotic cars used to have a F360 cab but found it attracted a bit too much attention + not all that practical (I know exotic and practical seem to be somewhat mutually exclusive).

That said the Maser GTS is a very sexy and practical ride...
Of course it's handling is nowhere close to the 911 but I have been seriously looking into it (all because of the damn wait for the 991 C4S...).
Did ens up with more questions than answers though.
Check out this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...i-gts-cab.html

Tomorrow I'm driving a 991 C2S back to back with a Maserati Granturismo S...
It's apples and oranges but I'd keep my current C4S if I do opt to get the GTS, we'll see what happens

Cheers!

PS. sorry for the hijack!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Pictures of my silver 991S with red/black interior