First Pictures of my silver 991S with red/black interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
^ I don't think he is worried about hijacked thread.

He has a hot gal and a hot car in his thread.
Good luck on yours in other area. Kind of a dead zone there and have been looking elsewhere for bits to work with.

Carry on fellers .

Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PRS 7
^ I don't think he is worried about hijacked thread.

He has a hot gal and a hot car in his thread.
Good luck on yours in other area. Kind of a dead zone there and have been looking elsewhere for bits to work with.

Carry on fellers .
Yeah it's just good manners

As to hot car.. definitely!
Hot gal... where!?
Damn must've missed that

Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Yeah it's just good manners

As to hot car.. definitely!
Hot gal... where!?
Damn must've missed that
I think he is talking about Melissa's picture in my thread earlier. The only other hot gal is the wife. Definitely don't worry about hijacking, it is all good.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
I think he is talking about Melissa's picture in my thread earlier. The only other hot gal is the wife. Definitely don't worry about hijacking, it is all good.
How are you liking the car any feed back to share.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
How are you liking the car any feed back to share.
Bad news first - slight reverb when base is played through the door speaker; Bose surround sound is only fair; you need a computer programming degree to get the seats adjusted and set into the "key" memory. The manual is probably better in German. Lots of buffeting, even at low speeds, with the sunroof fully open - need to crack a window.

Good news - rides comfortable in normal mode and sound is great, even without PSE (well good enough for me anyway). Lacks a bit in low end torque. But , I have a Mustang with 4:10 gear ratio so what I am used to is not really a fair comparison. Also, I have not put it into sport or sport plus which will make that better, nor have I really stepped on it so I keep the revs low.

Great news - interior fit and finish is better than my 997.2 (IMO). Ride is quiter. gets lots of looks and nods, even without seeing the interior. I could stare at its back end all day (Sid, unless it is a winter driving thing, I seriously question need for C4S - and given the fact that parts are being shared more across platforms suggesting standardization, and all the statements that were made about widening the front so it is closer to the width of the back, how sure are you the C4 will be a wide body - you should get what you want, but I am just saying). 4200 rpm has not been that big a limit for every day - I was doing 80 in 7th at just over 2000 rpm.
PDK is great so far.

That is about it until I start pushing it in a few hundred miles. It will be in shop for a clear bra this weekend and on the 16 th it goes in for oil, clear turn signals, fix the speaker and the f@&$ing ding in the f@&$ind driver's side door.

So far, best car I have ever owned.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
don't like that buffeting comment- i thought with that new pop up wind screen, it would have fixed it.

missed the door ding in the thread - ouch.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
don't like that buffeting comment- i thought with that new pop up wind screen, it would have fixed it.

missed the door ding in the thread - ouch.

Only had it open once - I will report back. Ok when the panel was tipped up.

Congrats on your build!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Less than 72 hours and the first dent in the driver's side door
What happened? why dent?
so sorry to hear.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by muifast
Yup, and I got a ding on the GT3 in the worst place possible too. Its right on top of the right rear wheel well. No one would touch it unless I am willing to paint the whole quarter panel!!!

Here are a couple pictures of it and they were taken right after a short summer shower...

-- sorry about the pictures, the upload keeps on kicking me off -- can you kind folks tell me how to do it? Got it... file size was too big...

wtf that's so obvious. some @$$hole intentionally did it man

Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by gleek48
I am so sorry! At least, the cherry been broken now. Enjoy the car in good health!
the cherry ROFL

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by tonka858
I park out of the way like 15+ spaces and some one with a huge pile of ****
Oldsmobile with 30 stuffed animals in the rear window, will get as close as possible.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
01P996C2 is infamous around these parts
Any east coasters going to the NY Colisium auto show, Melissa will be at the Porsche area if you would like to talk to her about special,design elements for the new 991 or for that matter the new Boxster which will be there. No comment necessary you already know I love your new ride, Tom

Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by 01P996C2
Any east coasters going to the NY Colisium auto show, Melissa will be at the Porsche area if you would like to talk to her about special,design elements for the new 991 or for that matter the new Boxster which will be there. No comment necessary you already know I love your new ride, Tom
Hi Tom!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi Tom!
All,
If you have any questions about my build, or the new opitions on the configuration software, Tom here is the guy to ask! I have bought two 911's from him and would buy another, (not soon - I have had mine for less than a week) but there would not be enough left of me after the wife found out to ever drive it!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Good Grief!

Some asked - so here it is. Many do not notice it - to me, it is is a lighthouse!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Pictures of my silver 991S with red/black interior