First Pictures of my silver 991S with red/black interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
gerenb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AG991
Bad news first - slight reverb when base is played through the door speaker; Bose surround sound is only fair; you need a computer programming degree to get the seats adjusted and set into the "key" memory. The manual is probably better in German. Lots of buffeting, even at low speeds, with the sunroof fully open - need to crack a window.

Good news - rides comfortable in normal mode and sound is great, even without PSE (well good enough for me anyway). Lacks a bit in low end torque. But , I have a Mustang with 4:10 gear ratio so what I am used to is not really a fair comparison. Also, I have not put it into sport or sport plus which will make that better, nor have I really stepped on it so I keep the revs low.

Great news - interior fit and finish is better than my 997.2 (IMO). Ride is quiter. gets lots of looks and nods, even without seeing the interior. I could stare at its back end all day (Sid, unless it is a winter driving thing, I seriously question need for C4S - and given the fact that parts are being shared more across platforms suggesting standardization, and all the statements that were made about widening the front so it is closer to the width of the back, how sure are you the C4 will be a wide body - you should get what you want, but I am just saying). 4200 rpm has not been that big a limit for every day - I was doing 80 in 7th at just over 2000 rpm.
PDK is great so far.

That is about it until I start pushing it in a few hundred miles. It will be in shop for a clear bra this weekend and on the 16 th it goes in for oil, clear turn signals, fix the speaker and the f@&$ing ding in the f@&$ind driver's side door.

So far, best car I have ever owned.
I agree with the low end torque observation. Most of the time I drive the car in Sport mode with PSE off when I'm in automatic mode. It keeps the revs a little higher and allows better part throttle response. If Sport mode is off, the revs are quite low. Of course, you can always stomp on the gas pedal in any mode and poof, you're gone!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gerenb
I agree with the low end torque observation. Most of the time I drive the car in Sport mode with PSE off when I'm in automatic mode. It keeps the revs a little higher and allows better part throttle response. If Sport mode is off, the revs are quite low. Of course, you can always stomp on the gas pedal in any mode and poof, you're gone!
Do you get the same buffeting with the sunroof?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Do you get the same buffeting with the sunroof?
Actually, I've only had the sunroof tilted up. I haven't tried transformer mode yet.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:10 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, I've only had the sunroof tilted up. I haven't tried transformer mode yet.
Gerenb - how have you been? I hope you are enjoying your 991 as much as I am. What are your overall impressions? I did pop the top today and at low speed, (30 MPH) there was buffeting. still trying to figure out the seats and computer stuff and in 200 miles, I will try sports mode and kick it up to 6000 rpm. Clear bra this weekend and door repair and clear side blinkers a week from Monday - any mods in your future. Sucks that Newman and gleek48 have not received theirs yet but it should be soon.

You would not happen to be a Nationals fan would you? Do you know the score of today's game?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Gerenb - how have you been? I hope you are enjoying your 991 as much as I am. What are your overall impressions? I did pop the top today and at low speed, (30 MPH) there was buffeting. still trying to figure out the seats and computer stuff and in 200 miles, I will try sports mode and kick it up to 6000 rpm. Clear bra this weekend and door repair and clear side blinkers a week from Monday - any mods in your future. Sucks that Newman and gleek48 have not received theirs yet but it should be soon.

You would not happen to be a Nationals fan would you? Do you know the score of today's game?
I'm really enjoying the car. I gave a friend of mine a ride in the car and tried full throttle from 10 miles per hour up to 60. It was pretty freakin' fast. I was surprised at how it pressed me into the seat. My Cayman S never pushed me into the seat like that.

You shouldn't worry about using sports mode. After about 150 miles or so, you're good to go. Sports Plus is the crazy, redline mode. I'm waiting until I hit about 500 miles before trying it.

I've already put the clear side markers on the car and a clear bra is being applied on Tuesday.

Since I'm originally from NY, I'm a Mets/Jets fan so I have no idea what the Nationals score was for today's game. BTW, whatup with Tebow?

Old 04-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm really enjoying the car. I gave a friend of mine a ride in the car and tried full throttle from 10 miles per hour up to 60. It was pretty freakin' fast. I was surprised at how it pressed me into the seat. My Cayman S never pushed me into the seat like that.

You shouldn't worry about using sports mode. After about 150 miles or so, you're good to go. Sports Plus is the crazy, redline mode. I'm waiting until I hit about 500 miles before trying it.

I've already put the clear side markers on the car and a clear bra is being applied on Tuesday.

Since I'm originally from NY, I'm a Mets/Jets fan so I have no idea what the Nationals score was for today's game. BTW, whatup with Tebow?

I grew up a Yankees fan, but my first game was '69 Mets so I have always liked them - truth, I like most teams that are not from Philadelphia.

Tebow - you know Woody and Rex - if you can't win, you can at least put on a show. Second bad game for Sanchez, you will be able to hear the Tebow chant from there.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM
hed
hed is a jewel in the roughhed is a jewel in the roughhed is a jewel in the rough
Regarding buffeting with the sunroof, I get none once the roof is back. I have had the roof open 5 days in a row, at some point, on the way home every afternoon.

However, all is not good in the land of 991.

I do get major buffeting when I roll down the driver's side window all the way down. If I raise the glass 4"-6" it helps mitigate the noise. That was somewhat disappointing. Loving the car though. Use it as a DD and it has been great so far.

Last edited by hed; 04-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by hed
Regarding buffeting with the sunroof, I get none once the roof is back. I have had the roof open 5 days in a row at some point on the ay home every afternoon.

I do get major buffeting when I roll down the driver's side window all the way down. If I raise the glass 4"-6" it helps mitigate the noise. That was somewhat disappointing. Loving the car though. Use it as a DD and it has been great so far.
I don't get that with the window. I wonder what causes this and what can be done?

Old 04-06-2012, 03:01 PM
ups and downs

Boy has this been a week of ups and downs. I get my car. I get a dent in the door. and today I got...screwed

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by hed
Regarding buffeting with the sunroof, I get none once the roof is back. I have had the roof open 5 days in a row at some point on the ay home every afternoon.

Nice day so I did some "top down" and window open tests. I do get a very light buffeting with just the drivers window open fully at speeds over 50. But not noticable unless you are paying attention. But I get significant buffeting from the roof at 30. I wonder what causes this, why we have the same car and get buffeting in different places, and what can be done about it? Any more-serious car guys have an answer? Thanks.

And to all a happy Matzo and/or Bunny, or whatever else anyone can find to celebrate this weekend!

Old 04-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Boy has this been a week of ups and downs. I get my car. I get a dent in the door. and today I got...screwed
Ohhhh man you're not lucky... well outside of actually owning that beauty of course!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Ohhhh man you're not lucky... well outside of actually owning that beauty of course!
good thing I have insurance! And, let's hope this is all my bad luck at once!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
hed
hed is a jewel in the roughhed is a jewel in the roughhed is a jewel in the rough
good thing I have insurance! And, let's hope this is all my bad luck at once!
Did you purchase the tire and wheel warranty when you bought your car? I did.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:39 PM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Wow, that's some eye catching interior. Enjoy the ride!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Sweet color. I had the Carrera Red in my 997 and it's the best interior for silver cars IMO. Black with silver is just boring and too plentiful. Of course when I tried to trade it in, the dealer used it as an excuse to low ball me; "it's beautiful and all but there will only be a handful of people who will buy this color...". When I was about to walk they gave me the full asking price...LOL

Two tone makes it even more stunning! You have great taste!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Pictures of my silver 991S with red/black interior