test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 05:22 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
OK this is a video you in a 997 avoiding a boxter... what on earth is it doing in the 991 section?

We have many new drivers and owners in the 991 section..just wanted to show them how exciting taking your car to the track could be.

Thanks for watching my video.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
We were in the white run group...which is an intermediate-advanced group of solo drivers.. I have been on the track with him before. He probable has 3-4 years of experience.

I was on him in what we call the jersey devil (the twists) and I backed off in the S's.

Thanks, I appreciate your advice.
3 to 4 years experience? OMG thats a worry... but no real surprise. There will always be guys like this at the track. Some just weren't cut out for it no matter how much they throw at it and how hard they try to get it.. He was nowhere on the right line...all over the place like a mad woman's crap. Monstering clowns like this that won't move over is dangerous as they are bound to come undone in front of you....just like what happened.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
3 to 4 years experience? OMG thats a worry... but no real surprise. There will always be guys like this at the track. Some just weren't cut out for it no matter how much they throw at it and how hard they try to get it.. He was nowhere on the right line...all over the place like a mad woman's crap. Monstering clowns like this that won't move over is dangerous as they are bound to come undone in front of you....just like what happened.
In this we can agree. Totally.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
In this we can agree. Totally.
Occasionally we can agree BW. I would also agree it's very annoying and frustrating having turkeys like this around that really test your patience. When you have set a nice pace and you come up against someone who won't budge, it can easily get the better of you if you're not very careful. The beauty here was the guy was in a slow boxster so there would have been openings to take him and put him in his place, and stay ahead of him, unlike when you get someone like that in a turbo or GT3 that make it impossible to keep ahead on the straight after you take them, only to have them overtake you on the straight again and put you through the wringer again. Thankfully guys like this are a minority usually and you are better off lowing the whistle on them.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Track days are great for learning the basics, but it's not racing, as some drivers think it is.

Believe it or not, actual racing is safer IMHO. at the very least you have properly prepared cars and more stringent tech requirements.

I'm not really sure why "track addicts" want to risk 100,000 dollar cars.

Why not a formula ford car for vscca racing. Limerock anyone?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
Track days are great for learning the basics, but it's not racing, as some drivers think it is.

Believe it or not, actual racing is safer IMHO. at the very least you have properly prepared cars and more stringent tech requirements.

I'm not really sure why "track addicts" want to risk 100,000 dollar cars.

Why not a formula ford car for vscca racing. Limerock anyone?
Depends on who organises the events. I find Porsche only days generally have a better match up overall than many mixed car events. Agree using expensive cars comes with its set of risks but Porsche owners love playing with their toys and usually get swayed to use them at one point. Just pays to keep it all within a sensible level rather than go out like some guys do and drive 11 10ths like they are auditioning for red bulls racing team. Agree it's better to use something cheaper and more dedicated in the set up rather than overly modify your lovely road going Porsche into a twitchy track hack buckboard. What happens then is you end up not using the car that much because its no longer comfortable or practical as Porsche made it. Even a GT3 needs to be set up differently for track so street use only further suffers again. Its a tough call what to do and how far to go with your set up. Sensible case is to at least have a second set of track wheels, fluids and an alignment that will cater for both to a fair extent. I mean how many days do guys do on the track vs time spent DD ing?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Yes...I spoke to him afterwards. He over corrected when the car slide a little.
A little scary that he seemed to spin so easily in a Boxster due to what seemed like a small overcorrection (maybe it wasn't so small?).

I don't have to worry about messing up corrections (yet) because I know that my skill level isn't that high, so I don't get that close to the limit. I'll get there eventually, but there's no hurry, and there's still plenty of fun to be had up to 8/10ths. As my wife once brilliantly said about my driving ability, "you're probably not as good as you think you are." Even though I don't think I'm that great, I always remember this statement because it keeps me humble and safer.

Last edited by Manifold; 04-03-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 AM
manifold,

the quote I always keep in mind...

"you will run out of talent before the car does"

Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Depends on who organises the events. I find Porsche only days generally have a better match up overall than many mixed car events. Agree using expensive cars comes with its set of risks but Porsche owners love playing with their toys and usually get swayed to use them at one point. Just pays to keep it all within a sensible level rather than go out like some guys do and drive 11 10ths like they are auditioning for red bulls racing team. Agree it's better to use something cheaper and more dedicated in the set up rather than overly modify your lovely road going Porsche into a twitchy track hack buckboard. What happens then is you end up not using the car that much because its no longer comfortable or practical as Porsche made it. Even a GT3 needs to be set up differently for track so street use only further suffers again. Its a tough call what to do and how far to go with your set up. Sensible case is to at least have a second set of track wheels, fluids and an alignment that will cater for both to a fair extent. I mean how many days do guys do on the track vs time spent DD ing?
I agree with this also...

I purchased a used base 997 based on similar advice I got at the PSDS.; turning the 997 (over several years) into a good DE car...(not a race car) with different mods every year. A second set of wheels will be next winters project.

I am not sure I could take a brand new 991 out on the track in an intermediate level run group. Many owners might but I am not so sure I would.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Occasionally we can agree BW. I would also agree it's very annoying and frustrating having turkeys like this around that really test your patience. When you have set a nice pace and you come up against someone who won't budge, it can easily get the better of you if you're not very careful. The beauty here was the guy was in a slow boxster so there would have been openings to take him and put him in his place, and stay ahead of him, unlike when you get someone like that in a turbo or GT3 that make it impossible to keep ahead on the straight after you take them, only to have them overtake you on the straight again and put you through the wringer again. Thankfully guys like this are a minority usually and you are better off lowing the whistle on them.
actually you are correct here...the boxster driver could have given me a pass in the small strait before the jersey devil...i never got the signal so I had to stay behind him.

The intermediate run groups are the most challenging IMO. There is a wide range of talents from those just signed off to run solo to those ready for the advance black group. IMO I have progressed to a decent white driver but I will spend 2012 in white again as to gain more skills. I am not ready for the black run group.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Banned
actually you are correct here...the boxster driver could have given me a pass in the small strait before the jersey devil...i never got the signal so I had to stay behind him.

The intermediate run groups are the most challenging IMO. There is a wide range of talents from those just signed off to run solo to those ready for the advance black group. IMO I have progressed to a decent white driver but I will spend 2012 in white again as to gain more skills. I am not ready for the black run group.
I guess you flashed him? Btw are you running r spec tires? If not that will make quite a big difference. Once you've run R spec using street tires becomes frustrating unless its wet.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I guess you flashed him? Btw are you running r spec tires? If not that will make quite a big difference. Once you've run R spec using street tires becomes frustrating unless its wet.
no one flashes in PCA...that I know of anyway.

No...I'm on Michelin Pilot Super Sports...street tires.

R specs maybe in 2013.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Banned
no one flashes in PCA...that I know of anyway.

No...I'm on Michelin Pilot Super Sports...street tires.

R specs maybe in 2013.
Flashing is a fall back against stubborn mules....can often help induce a wave through.

R specs are a game changer.....once you use them you won't want to do a track day without them.....unless it's wet.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Elias74 is infamous around these parts
When i go on track, i'm used to follow three simple rules:

1 - respect, for those who wants to do different things than me, like go faster, overtake, test drive cars, and so on...
2 - education, that means, let other people do what they want while we are on the track
3 - skills. When i find someone that drives better than me, or faster than me, i let him overtake me and go on. Sometimes, i have to let other people pass, some other they let me go...

This happens also, obviously when people have more powerful or better cars than mine.

Often happens to me that i have someone really near my back that pull me, i simply stay on a side and let him go away. if you try to resist, then, it's a race, and it can happen something like boxter guy...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Flashing is a fall back against stubborn mules....can often help induce a wave through.

R specs are a game changer.....once you use them you won't want to do a track day without them.....unless it's wet.
sounds good..thanks for the advice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: test