New 991 Owner - Need Help re: air conditioning at start up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:48 PM
DKC
DKC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by c4s4jd
Forgive me if this is no help, but on my recently purchased 2011 C4S I need to push and hold the radio power button to turn the radio off and have it still be off the next time I start the car. If I just push the power button it mutes the radio instead of turning it off and the next time I start up the radio comes on.
I know that holding the radio power button will turn the PCM off. However I want the PCM to stay on for Sat Nav, but just no radio noise. Can't achieve that from what I have tested.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
DKC
Originally Posted by empunker
I'm not sure about the radio, but I know that the Auto Start-Stop feature can be programmed to stay off through the memory buttons!
If your auto Start-stop will stay off then lucky you! May be it's US cars only?

My UK 2013 C4S will never have auto start-sto staying off no matter how I try to program it in (1, 2 or 3key).

Old 01-10-2014, 03:02 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DKC
I know that holding the radio power button will turn the PCM off. However I want the PCM to stay on for Sat Nav, but just no radio noise. Can't achieve that from what I have tested.
I have resorted to leaving the car on AUX so no radio noise on startup. The memory will recall that source.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
shaytun is infamous around these partsshaytun is infamous around these parts
That is one positive. The start-stop is off on entry. In fact, I've yet to turn it on.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Before you save your settings, is your Climate Control on "auto", intending on maintaining a certain temperature in the cabin? Or are you using the manual fan control speed to regulate your warmth/coolness? I think it matters.

I use the Auto climate control setting in both my 991S and Cayenne GTS and have no problem like you describe.

...except when my wife drives one of them. Apparently she can't comprehend the concept of the Auto climate control working like a thermostat inside our home and instead yanks the fan control levers to get the temp to her liking. Then when I start/drive that car again I get instant wind tunnel response from her last setting.

Drives me nuts, but she says she can't wait long enough for the thermostat (auto) to get the car's temp to where she wants it.

Women.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
shaytun is infamous around these partsshaytun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Before you save your settings, is your Climate Control on "auto", intending on maintaining a certain temperature in the cabin? Or are you using the manual fan control speed to regulate your warmth/coolness? I think it matters.

I use the Auto climate control setting in both my 991S and Cayenne GTS and have no problem like you describe.

...except when my wife drives one of them. Apparently she can't comprehend the concept of the Auto climate control working like a thermostat inside our home and instead yanks the fan control levers to get the temp to her liking. Then when I start/drive that car again I get instant wind tunnel response from her last setting.

Drives me nuts, but she says she can't wait long enough for the thermostat (auto) to get the car's temp to where she wants it.

Women.
I'm not sure but I'll try to put it on auto if it's not already and see if that works. So you put it on auto and then turn fan off? Doesn't that automatically turn off "auto"?

Old 01-12-2014, 07:12 AM
DKC
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Well I don't want the A/C on auto. Auto means the fan is always on. I understand the concept of thermostat but I want the a/c or fan completely off and that to be the default when I start the car.

I tried saving that into 1, 2 or 3key and whenever I start the car the fan will still be on. That's the issue.