No Sport PLUS (18 way) available?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
No Sport PLUS (18 way) available?

First time posting on this forum. Coming from a Nissan 370Z Sport/Touring and am now looking to purchase a 991 Carrera S. After test driving the car I felt exceptionally satisfied in EVERY aspect of the car except the seats (14 way seats), so I have begun looking for 'Plus' seats. I have been to both Porsche dealers in my city (San Diego), and no car on the lot or on the boat are equipped with Sport Plus seats according to the dealers.

Is it hard to find a 991 with these upgraded seats in your guys' cities? Are the plus seats much better, or only marginally better?

Should I accept it for what it is and go for a compelling deal on an executive car (if it has an acceptable DME printout) with the 14 way seats (also equipped with the Burmester system which I will never use) instead of custom ordering (and give up a lot of negotiating room), or just wait a few months and see if a 18 way seat 991 turns up?

Thanks for the help!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
they differ in bolstering with a much tigher fit. as well both the upper and seat bolsters can be adjusted. they are wicked seats.

these new strd seats have more bolster than the 997 & previous strd; so in that sense less of a compromise.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
The leather also differs between the two seats. The 14 way are embossed, the 18 way smooth finish leather.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
I'm going to try to have my dealer trade inventory for a car with these seats. I found a car a few hundred miles away:
Agate Gray
Luxor Beige
Sport Plus 18 way seats
PSE
sPASM
Sport Chrono
N some other goodies

Hopefully I'll finalize that deal and post some pics/review of the seats!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
I'm going to try to have my dealer trade inventory for a car with these seats. I found a car a few hundred miles away:
Agate Gray
Luxor Beige
Sport Plus 18 way seats
PSE
sPASM
Sport Chrono
N some other goodies

Hopefully I'll finalize that deal and post some pics/review of the seats!
why do you need 18way?

the sport plus seats are $800 and great, and also leather versus embossed..

if you wait, 2013's will have the carbon bucket option 3k for them and they are also leather versus embossed...

remember all seats in car are embossed cheap leather unless you get full leather interior or an option that says "leather seats"

embossed=feels like cardboard
leather=feels like a dead baby seal's pelt.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
why do you need 18way?

the sport plus seats are $800 and great, and also leather versus embossed..

if you wait, 2013's will have the carbon bucket option 3k for them and they are also leather versus embossed...

remember all seats in car are embossed cheap leather unless you get full leather interior or an option that says "leather seats"

embossed=feels like cardboard
leather=feels like a dead baby seal's pelt.
I'm not sure on individual prices, but I have the Luxor Beige leather interior (I agree leather's dead baby seal's pelt feel is much needed) option priced at 3,330 and Premium Package w 18 way seats priced at 4,445. Are you saying the sport plus seats with manual adjustments is priced at $800 (not including premium option)? I just wouldn't want to manually adjust such a nice seat that the Plus seats are by manually pulling on a lever, and the 14 way non-Plus seats I tried out left me wanting just a little more.

Plus the pictures I've seen for the seats look amazing.

Carbon bucket option sounds pretty interesting, do you have a link or pics I could check out? People keep talking about changes to the '13 model but I can never find anything. Are they worth the wait?