phew..991 GT3 to get a manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
phew..991 GT3 to get a manual

and PDK as an option according to various forums on the internet.
nothing official but this time itīs said to be a credible source or 99% sure.
oh and at least 450 HP for the GT3.

http://www.motorionline.com/2012/04/...indiscrezioni/
(the other forum links about it are not allowed)

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 04-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:10 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
the last inside source said PDK was going to be the only choice...

however I believe that this will be the case...manual standard..PDK as an option.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Good to know - definitely does not make decisions any easier now.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
3 pedal version is a must!

With that said, I'm curious what times will the new 991 GT3 / GT3RS pull off with PDK....

Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Having driven a PDK for over 3 years and I have to say is that it really alters the character of the car. The manual is a must for me..... I will order a manual for my next car.......

Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
I called it months ago. I'm telling you guys, it was just porsche just testing the waters with wild and crazy rumors.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
It will be stupid for Porsche to not offer manual in the GT3/RS. You hear that Porsche?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m5_2010
Having driven a PDK for over 3 years and I have to say is that it really alters the character of the car. The manual is a must for me.
Tell me more about how it alters the character of the car. I've only ever driven manuals and was considering going PDK (since it's faster) but you could change my mind. Love to know what your experience has been.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
PDK is for lazy driver who wants to go fast.

OK, my flamesuit is on, fire at will.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
PDK is for lazy driver who wants to go fast.

OK, my flamesuit is on, fire at will.
Agree people want to go fast without learning how to drive properly. It's not enough to give people a fast car, now the car has to fix all their mistakes (shifting, car control etc).

But what they will find though is that all of the cars at the front still rely on the good ole #1 mod. The driver.

The GT3 used to be the king of driver development, that seems to all be going down the drain.

I'd put money on the fastest GT3 guys will still have manuals.

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-10-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Is technology making cars more or less exciting?

I've owned 4 manuals and only one DSG car (GTI) I want to make my next car a manual, but I feel like I'm artificially making driving more challenging then it needs to be.

I have a philosophical problem with a manual in that they are no longer faster than the automatics they are just 'more involving' and I don't know if that's the right reason to chose one.

I mean 80 years ago you had to adjust the spark timing when you drove your car in a spirited manner, but no one would say we should still be adjusting our own spark timing to get the most from the driving experience.

You use to have no power steering, but nobody says cars are would be better without that.

You use to have no power brakes but nobody says car would be better without that.

Or ABS.

Anyway, I've test driven PDK cars over and over and find them boring and uninvolving but philosophically I feel like I should buy one!

If that makes any sense.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I see where you are coming from, but you have to draw the line somewhere. So where? The pdk will be just as fast or faster in auto mode without you doing anything. So why even click paddles when the car can do that better too?

Soon the car will turn the wheel and brake for you, (the tech is already there), do you want to be left out of that as well?

I can pass on adjusting spark timing, or double clutching.

But I do not ever want to be left out of shifting. Getting it right is something that cant be duplicated in a pdk, and when you get it right, the gap is next to nothing. I'll take .3 seconds a lap to shift on my own.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I see where you are coming from, but you have to draw the line somewhere. So where? The PDK will be just as fast or faster in auto mode without you doing anything. So why even click paddles when the car can do that better too?
That's something I hadn't thought of. I figured if I bought the PDK I would always leave it in manual mode and at least 'force myself' to use the paddles. But you're right, even this is slowing it down. And there's no way I'd want to just leave it in purely automatic all the time.

There is one thing I'll say about a manual over PDK, I always know what gear I'm in. So when I shift down to accelerate I know I'm shifting from 4th to 3rd for instance. Whereas with PDK, once it starts automatically shifting up to lower your RPMs and increase your fuel efficiency you never know if it's just taken you up to 5th or all the way to 7th. So you don't instantly know if two tugs on the lever is taking you to 3rd or just into 5th.

At least with a a manual you know the car is in the last gear you left it in.

* That said, at the last Porsche driving even we were at all the cars were PDK and we were told to leave them in automatic.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 PM
TorontoPF has a spectacular aura aboutTorontoPF has a spectacular aura about
Hawc-I hear yah! I know that the PDK is faster the newest technology etc etc.... However I also found it a little boring to drive. Sure it was fast with launch control but really how often am I going to do that.

I love the fact that with a manual you are in total control and you decide when to shift the car. I felt that when I drove the PDK hard it wanted to redline all the time. I hate not having full control-that being said to each their own. For me I ordered 7spd manual and I can't wait!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
shifting is probably one of the most gratifying, visceral parts of driving...

why elimnate that?

theres ALWAYS somebody faster, i want to enjoy my driving.

everyody is different, some guys want the most in technology...thats cool too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: phew..991 GT3 to get a manual