My Agate grey 991 on HRE P40SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Millsap is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Nice

Old 04-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
$6200 for the rims, i reused the tires since they only had 175 miles on them. More mods to come, thanks for the warm ikea welcome

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Neil, car looks wonderful.

If you don't mind, I'd love to get more photos of your car on HRE's.

Feel free to email me directly at LonM@hrewheels.com

Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Looks great! Congrats and welcome

Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
They match Agate perfectly. How do you like your 991? What transmission did you choose and do you have interior pictures? I think the height looks fine because youre running stock tires and stock 991 dont sit that high to me. Then again I dont like the look of a slammed car. With those wheels and the weight loss from the stock ones you must feel better performace all around from the car now. The acceleration, handling, and braking all must be that much better with those wheels. A cosmetic change to change to a car that makes it perform better. Whats better than that?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
Neil, car looks wonderful.

If you don't mind, I'd love to get more photos of your car on HRE's.

Feel free to email me directly at LonM@hrewheels.com

Lon my friend has a pro camera, I going to get him to take a few pics this week, you can bet I'll send them right to you.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
They match Agate perfectly. How do you like your 991? What transmission did you choose and do you have interior pictures? I think the height looks fine because youre running stock tires and stock 991 dont sit that high to me. Then again I dont like the look of a slammed car. With those wheels and the weight loss from the stock ones you must feel better performace all around from the car now. The acceleration, handling, and braking all must be that much better with those wheels. A cosmetic change to change to a car that makes it perform better. Whats better than that?

Thanks again! I like my 991, but now I can't wait for the Turbo 991 thats comming in 2 years lol. Slamming the car isn't practical for me, it already scrapes some driveways to 2 gas stations I like going to, so I'm not going to worry about it. Also since HRE are custom wheels, they make the offset on the 991 so that the tire goes past the fender a tiny bit so that the car is more stable around turns and gives the car a more aggressive look. I know it is lighter than stock so it will definately help with power/weight ratio, even more once I swap out the muffler, not sure if I will do the cats, mabye just the brombacher muffler, than plug up the vacuum line. We shall see. Forgot to mention, I got it with PDK.

Last edited by Neil Mccauley; 04-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
oliveirag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
Hey guys, new member here. Glad to have found this place for 991 owners. I'd like to start my introduction with a few pics of my 991 along with the few mods I've done so far. Just waiting for exhaust options. Cheers!

Beautiful car! If you're willing to spend almost $10K, there's the Brombacher exhaust system:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxbHDlaGVdo&feature=my_liked_videos&list=L LyATZcWJNYPEISM2A_XwC5Q>

Sounds amazing and adds about 25hp...

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by oliveirag
Beautiful car! If you're willing to spend almost $10K, there's the Brombacher exhaust system:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxbHDlaGVdo&feature=my_liked_videos&list=L LyATZcWJNYPEISM2A_XwC5Q>

Sounds amazing and adds about 25hp...
Is there dyno data available supporting that hp bump claim?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
hlee1169 is infamous around these parts
Sweet! I like the contrast between the dark rims and the bright red brake calipers.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Sapster
Is there dyno data available supporting that hp bump claim?

Not that I know of. I would definitely look more into it before purchasing. Someone from fvd started a thread a while back and they included their contact info: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ust-video.html

There's also some more information on this website: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/b...-p-152781.html

Hope that helps!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oliveirag
Not that I know of. I would definitely look more into it before purchasing. Someone from fvd started a thread a while back and they included their contact info: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ust-video.html

There's also some more information on this website: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/b...-p-152781.html

Hope that helps!
HP claims aside, I simply can't imagine spending 10K for an aftermarket exhaust on this car when the PSE sounds so incredibly sweet. If you haven't heard it/driven it in person you owe it to yourself to do so.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Congrads, very sick ride. And even sicker name, one of my favorite characters and my fave movie of all time.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
HP claims aside, I simply can't imagine spending 10K for an aftermarket exhaust on this car when the PSE sounds so incredibly sweet. If you haven't heard it/driven it in person you owe it to yourself to do so.

I agree, it does sound nice already. From the hp/torque addition and weight savings claims, however, that exhaust system is kind of tempting, albeit for 10k...

Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks again guys, I think at the very least, I will look into muffler options, but seems like we got plenty of time to make decisions since theres not a whole lot available for us yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Agate grey 991 on HRE P40SC