My Agate grey 991 on HRE P40SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Talking My Agate grey 991 on HRE P40SC

Hey guys, new member here. Glad to have found this place for 991 owners. I'd like to start my introduction with a few pics of my 991 along with the few mods I've done so far. Just waiting for exhaust options. Cheers!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
very nice!!! you simply can`t go wrong with HREs.
any plans to lower the car?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Beautiful!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
I love it!!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
very nice!!! you simply can`t go wrong with HREs.
any plans to lower the car?

Thanks!!! I thought about it but I don't want to scrape it on every driveway I pull up into, including my own. So I think I'll just leave it be. All I want now is upgraded exhaust and software update. I'd be happy to squeeze out at least 430hp, or 450 if possible!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
Thanks!!! I thought about it but I don't want to scrape it on every driveway I pull up into, including my own. So I think I'll just leave it be. All I want now is upgraded exhaust and software update. I'd be happy to squeeze out at least 430hp, or 450 if possible!

i hear ya! looks very good even without a drop!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Looks great, congrats!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard! Very nice color- I had a similar color on my 2007.

ChuckJ

Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by AJag
Looks great, congrats!
Thanks again, but I believe the suspension lowers something like 10mm when I hit the sport button. Need to read the brochure again. hehe

Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Beautiful!!! HRE's are definitely the best (I am currently running some kind of replica but will go for the real McCoy some day!). Maybe I'd still consider Porsche center caps

I am in the process of getting my 991 lowered (I am awaiting delivery of SpeedART stings any day now) and will post my impressions. Still think this car looks better 20mm closer to the ground.

As far as power go, I think the only options currently available are about $5k for a mere 25hp, not worth it. We should see much more competitive options a few months down the road.

Anyway, your car is absolutely superb. Congrats and enjoy it!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough
Looks great!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Thanks again, but I believe the suspension lowers something like 10mm when I hit the sport button. Need to read the brochure again. hehe
If you have the S it's already 10 mm lower all the time; if you bought the sports chassis option then it's 20 mm lower all the time. Lowering really makes a difference but I would advise caution as these suspensions have gotten pretty sophisticated - the right way to do it is to change the springs, that potentially can lead to other issues with spring rates.

Keep us posted if you chip the car - we all would like a little more horsepower.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Hey guys, new member here. Glad to have found this place for 991 owners. I'd like to start my introduction with a few pics of my 991 along with the few mods I've done so far. Just waiting for exhaust options. Cheers!

Whoawwww... now that's a way to make an entrance!
That looks VERY cool.
Welcome to 6!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM
rdalcanto is a glorious beacon of lightrdalcanto is a glorious beacon of lightrdalcanto is a glorious beacon of lightrdalcanto is a glorious beacon of lightrdalcanto is a glorious beacon of lightrdalcanto is a glorious beacon of light
Looks Awesome! After cleaning lots of brake dust after just 4 days, I'm wondering if the black wheels would look that good on Platinum Silver as well.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
how much was the wheels set?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Agate grey 991 on HRE P40SC